• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cookie Press Tips: Answers from the Experts!

In summary, the conversation is discussing the use of a cookie press and possible problems with the cookies not holding their shape. Some suggestions are given, such as using a specific type of batter and using a spritz cookie recipe. It is also mentioned that the cookie press is not meant to be used with regular sugar cookie recipes.
bridgetbakes
Calling all Cookie Press experts! :chef: Here is a note I received from a prior host:

I bought the cookie press and the first time I used it was as soon as I got it from the delivery guy. It was fun to use, and stopped me from having to roll the cookie batter out. I had fun and it seemed to work, but when the cookies came out of the oven they weren’t the way I expected them to be. The were flat and not holding their shape. I thought maybe the cookie batter was the problem so I tried it again, still the same problem happened. My aunt suggested that I try using shortening rather then butter so recently I tried it that way and found that it still didn’t work. The utility might be able to work with another recipe and another try but I also realized that I would find it hard to use with batter that had chunks in it. This along with needing to use a specially made type of batter really doesn’t make this utility worth while.

I have never used this item and am not sure how I should respond. :confused: I am more than happy to help her with an exchange but didn't know if anyone had some good tips for how to use the Cookie Press that I could pass on?

Did she use the recipe that comes with it or her own recipe? Sounds like she is using a dough that is too soft.

This is not my fav product either but then I do not bake cookies very much.

I agree with Jennifer - it sounds like she is trying to use the cookie press as a replacement for drop cookies. Cookie presses really only work with cookie press/spritz cookie recipes.I love cookie press cookies, but you can't just use it to make any old recipe "pretty".

I use mine all the time....

But I do not use the enclose recipe. I use Betty Crocker Suger Cookie mix (in a bag in the baking mix section). Mix it to the directions on the package but add 1/2 cup of flour to the mix.

These come out perfect everytime. You can even put food coloring in the dough if you lazy like me and don't decorate your cookie (LOL).:p

I've never had any problems with mine. Maybe she should try a little more baking soda/powder (whichever one makes the dough rise). Also, have her try a peanut butter recipe. That should give her good results.

It also makes a big (and negative) difference if she is putting the decorative disks backwards in the barrel of the cookie press. (Don't ask me how I know. :blushing: )

I used mine to make fudge this past Christmas as my first try with the press and they turned out SO cool!! I've also done the pb cookies and those were beautiful as well.

The cookie press is for spritz cookies, not regular sugar cookies. Her comment that "it saved me having to roll the dough" is a clue that she's probably using a standard sugar cookie recipe without any alterations. Add a little flour, or use a spritz recipe (like the one that comes with the press).

1. How do I use a cookie press?

To use a cookie press, start by choosing the desired disk and placing it inside the press. Next, fill the press with cookie dough and attach the handle. Hold the press directly above the baking sheet and press the handle down to release the dough onto the sheet in a desired shape. Repeat until all the dough is used.

2. Can I use any type of cookie dough with a cookie press?

It is recommended to use a firmer dough, such as a sugar cookie dough, with a cookie press. This will help the dough hold its shape better when pressed out. Soft or sticky doughs may not work well with a cookie press.

3. How do I clean my cookie press?

To clean your cookie press, disassemble it and wash the parts by hand with warm soapy water. Make sure to dry all the parts thoroughly before reassembling and storing. Avoid putting the parts in the dishwasher, as it may damage the press.

4. Can I make different shapes with a cookie press?

Yes, most cookie presses come with a variety of interchangeable disks that allow you to make different shapes. You can also purchase additional disks separately to expand your options.

5. How do I troubleshoot issues with my cookie press?

If you are having trouble with your cookie press, make sure that the dough is the right consistency and that the press is assembled correctly. You may also need to adjust the amount of dough you are using or the pressure you are applying to the handle. If problems persist, refer to the instruction manual or contact the manufacturer for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
jeanlewis13
Replies
Views
Staci
  • kcmckay
  • Products and Tips
Replies