• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tips for Using an Old-Style Cookie Press

In summary, cleaning an old-style cookie press involves disassembling the press and washing all parts with warm soapy water. Use a firm, slightly chilled dough for best results and stop pressing when you feel resistance to avoid misshapen cookies. Uneven cookies can be fixed by evenly filling the press and chilling the dough before use. The old-style cookie press can also be used for savory recipes, but be sure to clean it thoroughly after use to avoid flavor transfer.
kcmckay
Gold Member
At my last show I had a guest ask me about tips on old version of cookie press.

I don't own one nor have I ever used one even non PC so it was hard to give him an answer.

He said he had issues with the dough getting jammed after every 3rd cookie or so. Can anyone give me any tips to give him? Thanks!

Katie, if you type in "cookie press" in the search box you will find a lot of ?'s about it. :)

i bought this before christmas and was never able to get it to work correctly. I did use the pampered chef recipe. I ended up sending it back and got something else.

letscook04 said:
Katie, if you type in "cookie press" in the search box you will find a lot of ?'s about it. :)

I tried this and can't find the answers I'm looking for. Can anyone offer any tips for me? THanks!!!

I am a frequent user of both the old style cookie press and the restyled one (the latter is exactly like the Mirro cook press I grew up using). I'm not sure what he means by jamming the dough. My original press the gear eventually wore out and it would "skip" if I didn't kind push on the plunger with my other hand while pulling on the trigger. I found a click and a half of the trigger then lift away from the pan while kinda twisting the press to work best. I have never been successful pressing on parchment paper and the stone/cookie sheet has to be completely cool.

1. How do I properly clean my old-style cookie press?

Cleaning your old-style cookie press is simple. First, disassemble the press by unscrewing the cap and removing the plunger. Then, wash all parts with warm soapy water. You can use a small brush or toothpick to clean out any stubborn dough. Rinse and dry all parts thoroughly before reassembling.

2. Can I use any type of dough in my old-style cookie press?

For best results, we recommend using a dough that is not too sticky or too soft. A firm, slightly chilled dough works best with the old-style cookie press. You can also experiment with different types of dough, such as sugar cookie, shortbread, or gingerbread.

3. How do I know when to stop pressing the dough?

When using the old-style cookie press, you will feel resistance when pressing the dough. Once you feel the resistance, stop pressing and lift the press straight up. It's important not to over-press the dough, as this can result in misshapen cookies.

4. My cookies are coming out uneven. How can I fix this?

If your cookies are coming out uneven, it could be due to an uneven distribution of dough inside the press. Make sure to evenly fill the press with dough before pressing. You can also try chilling the dough for a few minutes before filling the press to make it easier to work with.

5. Can I use my old-style cookie press for savory recipes?

Yes, you can use your old-style cookie press for savory recipes as well. You can try making cheese straws, crackers, or savory shortbread cookies. Just make sure to clean the press thoroughly after using it for savory recipes to avoid any flavor transfer.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Staci
  • babywings76
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
jeanlewis13
  • lbalks
  • Products and Tips
Replies