• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Customer Question on the Old Style Cookie Press

In summary, the person is looking for a star tip to use with their old style PC Cookie Press which doesn't have the trigger and plastic discs, and they are also looking for a substitute for the dough stiffener that is included with the new style PC Cookie Press. The person suggests using the star tip from the decorator set or cheese straw tip.
babywings76
Gold Member
I got this message from a friend on FB last night and could use some help answering it:

Question for you regarding the PC cookie press -- I have the old style with the trigger and plastic discs -- don't know if you are familiar with it. Anyhow, never used it until today. My recipe called for a star tip -- I was making "little 3" logs" that get dipped in chocolate and nuts. I was surprised there wasn't one. There is one in the decorator set but the dough was too stiff. Did PC ever make one or do they have one available -- dreaming!!

I think she's wanting to make something like I make for a Christmas cookie and our cookie press doesn't have the right tip. I posted in this thread: http://www.chefsuccess.com/f8/new-cookie-press-56791/ the recipe I do and showed a picture of my old non-PC press which is very much like the new PC version, only my old one had some additional tips that you could use instead of just flat disks. Those tips won't fit the PC press either. Does anyone have a solution to needing this tip of tip and what a good substitute would be? Or are we just out of luck?

Or do you think she's talking about something else?

Okay, so I'm still groggy this morning...

So she's talking about a star tip, not the half-circle one like I use to make the 3"inch logs that are chocolate dipped on the ends. There is a star shaped flat disk and also an open star tip on my old Mirro brand press. Wish our new PC cookie press included those so I could at least tell her our new press could solve her problem.

Any advice?

Attachments

• IMG_4261.jpg
    IMG_4261.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 635
  • IMG_4266.jpg
    IMG_4266.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 584
Can she use the easy accent decorator? The star tip on that would do well making star logs.

She said that her dough is too stiff to express through the EAD. I offered to loan her my old Mirro brand one or my new PC one w/ the use of the mirro brand's star tip and star disk. I e-mailed the test kitchens, too, to see what they say. I really wish they could add them to the package of the cookie press and put them on the replacement parts order form or something for everyone to update their set. :D

What about using the tip you would use to make cheese straws? The "logs" wouldn't be quite as round, but it would come out looking similar.

I have the old-style PC Cookie Press. Plan to sell it at a yard sale unless someone else speaks up first.:chef:

1. How do I use the old style cookie press?

The old style cookie press is very simple to use. First, you will need to unscrew the bottom of the press and fill it with your desired cookie dough. Then, attach the desired disk to the bottom of the press. Finally, hold the press upright and press the trigger to dispense the dough onto your baking sheet.

2. Can I use the old style cookie press with different types of dough?

Yes, you can use the old style cookie press with a variety of doughs such as sugar cookie, shortbread, and even some bread doughs. Just make sure the dough is soft enough to be easily pressed through the disk.

3. How do I clean the old style cookie press?

Cleaning the old style cookie press is a breeze. Simply disassemble the press by unscrewing the bottom and removing the disk. Wash all parts with warm soapy water and dry thoroughly before reassembling.

4. Can I purchase additional disks for the old style cookie press?

Yes, additional disks are available for purchase. They come in various shapes and designs, allowing you to create a variety of cookies with your press.

5. Is the old style cookie press dishwasher safe?

No, the old style cookie press is not dishwasher safe. It is recommended to hand wash all parts to ensure they are properly cleaned and maintained for future use.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Staci
  • Janice Hirst
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • kcmckay
  • Products and Tips
Replies