• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cookie Press Not Working...help

In summary, the guest emailed asking for help with their Pampered Chef cookie press and found that the pressure to make the cookies was too much and the dough would not come out of the press properly. She suggests that the dough might be too stiff, the disc is in backwards, or the pressure is too high. She also suggests that the cake mix can be used with the press and that when starting to make the cookies, squeeze the lower trigger until the dough is all the way down to the lower ring and then squeeze the trigger once until dough comes out of the barrel. She recommends tightly sealing the icing container and adds that when adding food color to white icing, paste is the best to use.
AmaraJ
I was hoping someone could help me respond to this guest email I just received. I don't have any hands on experience with the cookie press and want to help her out. Her guarantee has just expired...

"I have a Pampered Chef cookie press that I bought a little over a year ago. It isn't working properly, and hasn't since I opened it. When I go to press the dough out of the cookie press, the pressure builds up so much in that I can hardly squeeze the handle thingy... and if I can finally get the handle sqeezed, the cookie dough ends up coming out either not at all or way too much at a time to make a nice looking cookie. :) Any suggestions? "

Any help would be much appreciated...other than the obvious...that she should have returned it when she opened it :)!

Thanks!

Sounds like the dough might be too stiff. Or the disc is in backwards.

Thanks Ann! I will forward those ideas to her....anyone else think of any other ideas?

I pasted below what I put in a doc. I give to my customers.
Tips for Using the Cookie Press

PLEASE START BY READING THE INSTRUCTIONS THAT COME WITH THE COOKIE PRESS COMPLETELY!!

- When using the Basic Butter Recipe from the Cookie Booklet, margarine seems to work better than butter.
- Measure accurately 2 3/4 cups of flour. Do not pound down the flour-this will result in more than 2 3/4 cups. (11 ounces)
- When loading the disk into the barrel, position it with the numbered side facing away from the dough.
- I found the Cookie Press easier to use when you fill the barrel only half way full with dough.
- You can use any type of cake mix with the press: orange, lemon, confetti, etc. Chocolate cookie are great however, decrease the flour to 2 1/2 cups first and if necessary add a little more.
- When starting to use the press, squeeze the lower trigger until the dough is all the way down to the lower ring. Then squeeze the trigger once until dough comes out of the barrel, take that small amount of dough and put it back into the batter bowl.
- Hold the Cookie Press perpendicular on the baking stone - NOT SIDEWAYS!! Squeeze the trigger and pull the Cookie Press straight up.
- Depending on the style of the cookie, you may need to count to 3 before pulling up on the Cookie Press; this is because some styles use more dough.
- When making the cookies, if you are in between trays of cookies or you walk away for a short time, release the pin on the Cookie Press or a small amount of dough will come out of the press due to the pressure.
- If you are using a Baking Stone to make your cookies, once you complete a batch, you need to let the stone cool for a short period of time before starting to use the press again. (the stone will be too hot and the dough will become very mushy) What you can do is put the cookies on Parchment Paper and then transfer them directly onto the Baking Stone and the cookies will bake up just right.
- If you are in the process of making the cookies and you let the dough sit too long it might become difficult to use in the cookie press. HAVE NO FEAR!!! EASY FIX!!! All that has happened is that the margarine has become solid again and all you need to do is put a small amount of batter n the microwave for about 10 seconds. Put the dough back in the press and continue!!!

You will enjoy the Cookie Press!!! Each batch makes about 75 - 90 cookies depending on the style. You can have a lot of fun with your family creating wonderful cookies and it looks like you spent days making them. Enjoy!!! Questions?? Just give me a call!

Easy Decorating Icing

1 Pound of Powdered Sugar
1 Cup of Shorting (the sticks work great!)
1 Tsp. of Vanilla or Almond extract
Add water a little bit at a time to get to the right consistency your want

Some notes:

You can store this icing for several weeks or months (it contains no milk, eggs, etc. so it will not spoil)

Be sure to tightly seal the icing container

When adding food color to the white icing, paste is the best to use. It will not separate like liquid coloring.

When using plastic bags to hold your icing, be sure to use heavy zip lock bags. If you use plain bags they will rip through very easy and make a mess! Always twist your bag of icing and then close it with a Twixit! Clip to ensure that no icing leaks out!

The colored icing in the bags can also be kept in a sealed container for several weeks or months.

Finally,
Be Creative, have fun, make it a family event and if you have any questions please call!!
consultant name & phone #

Dear valued guest,Thank you for reaching out to us about your Pampered Chef cookie press. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and we are here to help you find a solution.Firstly, we recommend checking the instructions and making sure the cookie press is assembled correctly. If the pressure is building up too much, it could be due to the incorrect placement of parts. Additionally, make sure the dough is the right consistency and not too thick.If the issue persists, we suggest trying a different type of dough or using a smaller amount of dough at a time. Also, make sure the handle is clean and free of any dough residue that may be causing it to stick.If these solutions do not work, please do not hesitate to contact us for further assistance. We stand by our products and want to ensure that you are satisfied with your purchase. Although your guarantee has expired, we are still here to help and find a resolution for you.We appreciate your support as a Pampered Chef customer and we hope to hear back from you with positive results. Have a great day!Best regards,Pampered Chef Consultant

1. Why is my cookie press not extruding dough?

There could be a few reasons for this. First, make sure you are using the correct consistency of dough - it should be firm but still pliable. If it's too soft, it may not come out of the press. Also, check the disc attachment to make sure it is securely in place. If these don't solve the issue, try cleaning the press thoroughly to remove any buildup that may be clogging the mechanism.

2. The dough keeps getting stuck in the press, what should I do?

If the dough is sticking to the inside of the press, try dusting it with a small amount of flour before filling it. This will help the dough release easier. You can also try chilling the dough before using the press, as colder dough tends to stick less. Finally, check the disc attachment to make sure it is not clogged with dough or debris.

3. My cookie press is not creating consistent shapes, what am I doing wrong?

If the shapes are coming out uneven or distorted, it could be due to uneven pressure when pressing the dough. Make sure to apply consistent pressure and press straight down. You can also try adjusting the screw on the press to increase or decrease the pressure. Additionally, make sure the disc attachment is secure and not crooked.

4. The handle on my cookie press is difficult to turn, how can I fix this?

If the handle is hard to turn, it may be due to a buildup of dough or debris in the mechanism. Disassemble the press and clean it thoroughly, making sure all parts are dry before reassembling. You can also try lubricating the moving parts with a small amount of cooking oil.

5. My cookie press is not coming apart for cleaning, what should I do?

If the press is difficult to disassemble, it may be due to dough or debris stuck in the threads. Soak the press in warm soapy water for a few minutes to loosen any buildup, then try again. If it still won't come apart, try using a toothpick or small brush to gently remove any debris from the threads. Avoid using excessive force, as this can damage the press.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
ShelbyMichalek
  • babywings76
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
jeanlewis13