• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cookie Press & Store-Bought Dough

In summary, to use the cookie press, select a desired cookie disc and insert it into the bottom of the press. Fill the cylinder with prepared cookie dough, place the press on a flat surface, and squeeze the handle to dispense dough onto a baking sheet. Store-bought dough can also be used, but may need to be softened first. To clean, disassemble and wash in warm, soapy water. The press is designed for cookie dough, but can also be used with other soft doughs. Store the press disassembled in a dry place.
Trish in Texas
Gold Member
I have a customer interested in the Cookie Press. She is curious if she could use the (Pillsbury) cookie "tube" dough you can buy at the grovery store. I said I had never tried that and wasn't sure -- but that someone on here could answer my question. Thanks in advance.

Trish in Texas
Independent Consultant

I think if you let it sit out and get to room temperature and add a little flour to it that it should work.

I've never done it myself - but I know there's a recipe for peanut butter cookies that uses the tube and you add peanut butter...

I think if you mix in 1/4 cup flour it will work in the press just fine.
Deb

1. How do I use the cookie press?

To use the cookie press, start by selecting the desired cookie disc and inserting it into the bottom of the press. Next, fill the cylinder with your prepared cookie dough. Place the press on a flat surface and squeeze the handle to dispense the dough onto an ungreased baking sheet. Repeat until all dough is used.

2. Can I use store-bought cookie dough with the cookie press?

Yes, you can use store-bought cookie dough with the cookie press. Just make sure the dough is soft enough to be easily pressed through the disc. You may need to let the dough sit at room temperature for a few minutes before using the press.

3. How do I clean the cookie press?

To clean the cookie press, disassemble all parts and wash them in warm, soapy water. Be sure to thoroughly dry all parts before reassembling. Do not put the press in the dishwasher.

4. Can I use the cookie press for other types of dough?

The cookie press is specifically designed for cookie dough, but it can also be used for other soft doughs such as cream cheese dough, shortbread dough, or even mashed potatoes for a fun twist on dinner rolls.

5. How do I store the cookie press?

The cookie press should be stored disassembled in a dry place. The discs can be stored in the cylinder, but be sure to remove any excess dough. The handle can be stored separately to prevent accidental dispensing of dough.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• momoftwins
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • kcmckay
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
mspibb
  • babywings76