• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's up With the Cookie Press???

30 seconds, 1 minute, and 2 minutes. The recipe that worked best with the cookie press was the milk chocolate chip fudge. I used the ornament, tree and snow flake disks. Then I melted Nestle white chips and dipped half of each cookie into the melted chips and sprinkled cookie decorations on them. Very cute. The press worked great. Even my 10 year old son could do it.Which fudge recipe did you use and which discs worked? TIA!
pamperedcheermom
I borrowed the cookie press from a friend of mine because I don't have one yet. I was making cookies for my daughter Christmas party at Church. I used the Christmas tree disc and they came out just fine. After those cooked I started doing more and they wouldn't stick to the stone. I thought it was because the stone was still warm from the oven so I got out another stone. Still wouldn't work. The dough would glob up at the end of the gun but wouldn't stick to any surface. I thought maybe the dough was too warm so I made another batch. (I ended up doing round cookies with the rest of the first batch). The second batch did the same thing.
Am I missing something? Is there something I need to be doing to get this thing to work? HELP! I want to make more cookies but the cookie press isn't working for me.:cry:

Check this file for some helpful hints...

Many people have a love/hate relationship with the press!

Attachments

• Cookie Press Tips one page.doc
    22 KB · Views: 365
The mistake I make most often is not haveing the number on the disk facind the correct direction. You'd think I'd learn....

I just mae fudge with mine today. I have made milk chocolate in the past but used white chocolate chips today. Turned out pretty good. Only some of the discs work for fudge. About 6 guys tried it and they all said it was great. I also did about 1/2 of it with crushed candy canes - need to be crushed very very fine. Everyone liked that too.

Thanks Kelly for your tip page. I am going to be using my cookie press over the weekend and this will be a good reminder for me. I think I will keep a copy in my box with it so I won't lose it when I need it.

Which fudge recipe did you use and which discs worked? TIA!

fikibiff said:
I just mae fudge with mine today. I have made milk chocolate in the past but used white chocolate chips today. Turned out pretty good. Only some of the discs work for fudge. About 6 guys tried it and they all said it was great. I also did about 1/2 of it with crushed candy canes - need to be crushed very very fine. Everyone liked that too.

I made Colleen's chocolate recipe from a different thread. I used the ornament, tree and snow flake disks. Then I melted Nestle white chips and dipped half of each cookie into the melted chips and sprinkled cookie decorations on them. Very cute. The press worked great. Even my 10 year old son could do it.

4kids4me said:
Which fudge recipe did you use and which discs worked? TIA!

I'm also interested in what fudge recipe and which discs worked with the fudge.

I really appreciate your Hint sheet. I notice the brand of the cake mix
making a difference. Thanks for that one especially. I love the FAIL PROOF
recipe and highly recommend it. Our thumbprint cookies of that are a great way to salvage the Cookie Press project that might go astray. The warm stone does tend to spread the dough, after the first batch has baked. It's
good to have two stones to alternate, and give one time to cool.

My other suggestion is to just do the first two batches, and then freeze the remainder of your dough and bake as you are ready to serve. It seems that I eat as many as I bake, if I don't get them out of our house super FAST by giving them away.

I'm sure the fudge they speak of is the 2 ingredient fudge, can of chocolate frosting and a bag of chocolate chips (or peanut butter), melt, then put through the cookie press.

Stupid question ... will these stick to regular (airbake) sheets?I will not be able to use my stone to bake these cookies this year, as they are the only nut-free cookies I am making and I already ruined my stone by baking nut-containing cookies on it. See the Aw Nuts thread to see why that's a problem ...

I make the fudge on the tip sheet. 18oz chips, 14 oz sweetened condenced milk, dash of salt and 1 1/2 tsp vanilla.

I prefer milk chocolate or peanutbutter/chocolate fudge. For the milk chocolate, I use 12 oz milk choc chips and 6 oz semi sweet. For the peanutbutter, I use 1 bag of the peanutbutter/milk chocolate chips (Nestle, I think) and 6 oz of the milk chocolate chips.

I also combine the chips and cond milk in the batter bowl and heat in the microwave. I put it in 3 times for 30 seconds, stirring well in between. I also make it all on parchment paper. It has worked great. You just need to hold the parchment down on either side of the cookie press.

For the most part, disc 1,7,13,14,16 worked pretty well. Although it does depend on which chips you use. The wreath is my favorite.

I will attach a pix of the plate of fudge I did for earlier today and one I did a while ago. I need someone to tell me how to inset a pix directly into my post.

Attachments

• Fudge 2.jpg
    Fudge 2.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 375
  • Fudge.jpg
    Fudge.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 368
Will the 2 step fudge recipe work? Those pics are great! I think I will try to make some tonight for our Christmas party.

I used my press for the first time last night, and even though I used 3 stones, and it was always on a cold stone, they spread out so bad that you couldn't tell they were Christmas Trees! For that matter, I'm not having ANY luck baking any cookies on my stones! I've ruined going on 3 batches. The mint choc. ones I'm making now won't get done, they are supposed to bake for 6 minutes and I've left them in for up to 15 and finally got a batch that I can lift off the stone. Do you need to adjust the temperature hotter or something? AUGHHHHHHH! (Pulled out my air bake sheets just so I can get past this!)

Generally, you do need to add a few minutes to the first batch on each stone to allow the stone to heat up. 6 minutes is a very short bake time, so I can see where doing them on a completely cold stone would take 15 minutes.

Awww...I just can't help myself being Christmas Eve and all...
thx.jpg

And, by the way, the pictures of the fudge look simply yummy! I will have to try that sometime. Maybe for Valentine's Day?:love:

Hi everyone-

OMG last night I made the best cookie press recipe EVER!!!! They were soooooo easy and were amazing to eat! I hope you all enjoy and Merry Christmas!

Peanut Butter Blossoms
1 pkg. refrigerated sugar cookie dough
1/4 c. creamy peanut butter
Hershey’s Kisses (24-36)
Mix dough and peanut butter. Put into cookie press. Press onto stone, using disk #5. Bake 375 degree oven 10-12 minutes or until golden.
Place 1 Kiss in center of each cookie. Let cool.

1. What is a cookie press?

A cookie press is a kitchen tool used to make various shaped cookies. It typically consists of a barrel with a plunger on one end and interchangeable disks with different designs on the other end.

2. How do I use a cookie press?

To use a cookie press, start by choosing the desired disk and inserting it into the end of the barrel. Fill the barrel with cookie dough, then hold the press over a baking sheet and push the plunger to release the dough. Repeat until all the dough is used up.

3. Can I use a cookie press for anything other than cookies?

Yes, a cookie press can also be used to make other types of baked goods, such as churros, cheese straws, and even pasta. Some cookie presses come with additional attachments for making different types of dough.

4. Do I need to refrigerate the cookie dough before using a cookie press?

It is recommended to chill the cookie dough before using a cookie press. This will help the dough hold its shape and prevent it from sticking to the press. However, if the dough is too hard, it may be difficult to push through the press.

5. How do I clean a cookie press?

To clean a cookie press, disassemble it and wash all the parts with warm soapy water. Make sure to remove any dough that may be stuck in the disks or barrel. Dry all the parts thoroughly before storing. Some cookie presses are also dishwasher safe, but it is best to check the manufacturer's instructions before washing.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Staci
  • babywings76
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
jeanlewis13
  • nancycookspc
  • Products and Tips
Replies