• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Please Help~ Island Breeze Rum Cake in Fluted Stone?

In summary, using the fluted stone and nuking the cake instead of using the oven is a great idea for a quick and easy dessert. Some possible modifications to the original recipe include using a white cake mix and adding in coconut extract and extra pudding mix. Adding sour cream may make the cake too heavy, but it's worth experimenting with. The island breeze rum cake is a great choice for a staff meeting in this hot weather.
cookingisfunagain
Hi there,

I am so loving the fluted stone and large round platter.

It so flipping hot here and I want to make a dessert for our staff meeting tomorrow. I was going to make the island breeze rum cake with the mini muffin pan (this worked great for a couple shows), but I just can't bring myself to turning on the oven, and I already have all the ingredients.

Do you guys think I should modify the ingredients at all before throwing it in the fluted stone and nuking it??

I do have a little sour cream, and extra packet of pudding. Whatcha think I should do??

TIA!!!

Cake

1 package (18.75 ounces) yellow cake mix

1/3 cup vegetable oil

1/3 cup water

1 egg

1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple in juice, undrained

1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut

I would love to know some tricks to making this cake work. I have had very bad luck with it falling apart!

1/4 cup rum

1 teaspoon coconut extract

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1/4 cup powdered sugar

Hi there,

I love the fluted stone and large round platter too! It's such a versatile and useful piece of cookware. As for your dessert, I think using the fluted stone and nuking it instead of using the oven is a great idea. It's a quick and easy way to make a delicious treat without heating up the whole kitchen.

As for modifying the ingredients, I think you can definitely make some adjustments to make it work in the fluted stone. Instead of using a yellow cake mix, you could try using a white cake mix and adding in some coconut extract to give it that island flavor. You could also add in some extra pudding mix to make the cake more moist and flavorful.

I'm not sure about the sour cream though. It might make the cake too dense and heavy. But if you want to give it a try, you could substitute some of the oil with sour cream and see how it turns out.

Overall, I think the island breeze rum cake sounds like a delicious choice for your staff meeting. Good luck with your dessert and stay cool in this hot weather!

1. How do I prepare the Island Breeze Rum Cake in the Fluted Stone?

To prepare the Island Breeze Rum Cake in the Fluted Stone, start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease the Fluted Stone with cooking spray or butter. In a separate bowl, mix the cake mix, eggs, oil, and water together until well combined. Pour the mixture into the Fluted Stone and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let the cake cool before removing it from the Fluted Stone.

2. Can I use any type of rum for the Island Breeze Rum Cake?

Yes, you can use any type of rum for the Island Breeze Rum Cake. However, for the best flavor, we recommend using a light or dark rum.

3. How long does the Island Breeze Rum Cake last?

The Island Breeze Rum Cake can last for up to 5 days if stored in an airtight container at room temperature. You can also store it in the refrigerator for up to a week.

4. Can I make the Island Breeze Rum Cake in advance?

Yes, you can make the Island Breeze Rum Cake in advance. Baked and cooled cakes can be wrapped tightly in plastic wrap and stored in the freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw the cake in the refrigerator before serving.

5. Can I add any additional ingredients to the Island Breeze Rum Cake?

Yes, you can add additional ingredients to the Island Breeze Rum Cake to customize the flavor. Some popular additions include chopped nuts, dried fruit, or chocolate chips. Just be sure not to add too many additional ingredients, as it may affect the texture of the cake.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jennie4PC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • ajnewchef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies