• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can You Believe I Made This Delicious Rum Cake?

In summary, Ann was scheduled to demo the Island Breeze Rum Cake at a meeting last night, but was bumped to March due to a change in the agenda for the evening. She had the cake layers baked and all the ingredients, so she decided to make the cake and take it in to work today. She has made both the spicy shrimp ceviche cups and the cake this month and they are both YUMMY!!!!
chefann
Gold Member
I was scheduled to demo the Island Breeze Rum Cake at a meeting last night, but was bumped to March due to a change in the agenda for the evening (the upper-level directors running it decided it would be better to focus on February). I had the cake layers baked and all the ingredients, so I decided to make the cake and take it in to work today.

My team had a status meeting, and our supervisor even stuck me on the agenda (as "Refreshments"). When I took the cover off the cake, someone said, "You bought us cake"?

"No, I made it."

"You have a bakery?"

Honestly, that's what he said! And I didn't take any special care when I put it together. What guest or host at our shows wouldn't love a recipe that everyone will think came from a fancy bakery?

SO how good was it??????

I'm so excited to make it. The only problem is I can't find mangos around here. Do they come canned?

I had a similar experience today. It was "treat day" in the teacher's lounge and it was my Wednesday to bring goodies. I mad Profiterole Puffs and people were shocked when they learned that I MADE them, they were so sure that they were store-bought! (and it was my first attempt at making them, so they definitely weren't works of art!

That's what I love about our recipes, they look so gourmet and yet so easy to make! People have said I should become a baker with the recipes I make from PC recipes! Before I started PC I saw the videos on making recipes and thought to myself, I could never make those creations! Ha-ha, now everyone compliments whatever I make, they are so easy and yummy!

I think I'm going to try that one soon!

How are the spicy shrimp ceviche cups to make? Of course if I do that one I have to keep practicing se-VEE-cheh all day...

We had this at our cluster meeting and it was very beautiful and yummy. I wonder though, how many people do not like pineapple or coconut? I wonder if hosts will pick this recipe?

Awesome Ann! I can't wait to try this recipe:)

I've made them both and they are both YUMMY!!!! i put too much red onion in the ceviche cups--but they were still good!

mom2leelee said:
I'm so excited to make it. The only problem is I can't find mangos around here. Do they come canned?
I haven't seen them canned, but they do come in a jar in the produce section (near the fancy salad dressings, cut fruit, fruit dip...). Both times I've made this cake this month, the mangos weren't super ripe, so I'll probably use the jar for my meeting next month.

If you do find fresh mangos, the serrated peeler is GREAT for them! And the kiwi.

This cake is sooooooooo good! One thing I'd change a little is to make the pudding with 1 cup minus 1 or 2 tablespoons milk. It's nice and thick until you fold in the whipped topping and rum. Then it gets a little thin and doesn't hold its shape fabulously when you pipe it out with the EAD. And if there were a lot of people expected at a show, I'd dice the mango so that the finished cake could more easily be cut into small pieces.

I'm making this today. I'll check back in later with my results.

Do they come canned?

They sure do, I have 4 cans in my cabinet that I got from the dollar store. Valky

BTW, we made this at our cluster meeting last night and it is really good. To do it at a show though, I would have alot of prep work done ahead because it was time consuming.

This recipe was designed to be 45 minutes start to finish. But I'd have a bunch of the prep done for a show, too.

I made it this afternoon and it is very good. I agree that the mangos are very pretty sliced on top of the cake, but it makes it almost impossible to slice without mutilating the cake! Next time I make this I think I'll dice them up....per Ann's suggestion.

I am so jealous - I am violently allergic to mangoes (but LOVE them) and wish I could do this recipe -- I can't be within a few feet of mangoes w/o breaking out.

Carolyn
My DH is allergic to mangos, but only the skin of them. Evidently there is something just in the skin. He can eat them just fine if he doesn't touch the skin. Is this a possibility for you too? Valky

Carolyn; I wonder if you could just substitute the mango for sliced pineapple, or peaches or something?? That's a bummer! I love mango too.

I love impressing people with our recipes and then telling them how easy it is for them to make it too!

I think you could probably subsitute Peaches for Magos. I do this is other recipes, the flavors are close enough that it works.

Peaches would also be less expensive for a host to purchase. And you could show the can opener and can strainer!

Related to Can You Believe I Made This Delicious Rum Cake?

What is "Compliment: You Can Do It Too!" all about?

"Compliment: You Can Do It Too!" is a cookbook that focuses on healthy and delicious meals that can be made in 30 minutes or less. It includes a variety of recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks.

Who is the author of "Compliment: You Can Do It Too!"?

The author of "Compliment: You Can Do It Too!" is Jane Smith, a certified nutritionist and chef. She has over 10 years of experience in the culinary industry and is passionate about creating nutritious and tasty meals for busy individuals.

Are the ingredients used in the recipes easy to find?

Yes, the ingredients used in "Compliment: You Can Do It Too!" are easy to find in most grocery stores. They are also affordable and can be substituted with similar ingredients if needed.

Are the recipes suitable for individuals with dietary restrictions?

Yes, "Compliment: You Can Do It Too!" includes a variety of recipes that cater to different dietary restrictions such as gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegetarian. The recipes also include nutritional information to help you make informed choices.

Can I purchase "Compliment: You Can Do It Too!" online?

Yes, "Compliment: You Can Do It Too!" can be purchased online through our website or through our independent consultants. You can also find it at select retail stores.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jennie4PC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • cookingisfunagain
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies