• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can You Make a Delicious Pineapple Upside Down Cake with Fresh Pineapple?

In summary, this recipe is fantastic and would be a great choice for someone looking for a pineapple upside down cake.
ChefPaulaB
Hi, I am making a Pineapple Upside Down Cake for my dad's birthday (his request)... of course, I don't want to take the easy way out, I want to do something fabulous (since I am a Pampered Chef now... Was wondering if anyone has a really super good recipe (maybe with homemade cake instead of box)... I thought about doing the skillet one from the Delightful Desserts, but like I said, I wanted to use a homemade cake.... can you sub it? And I was wondering if anyone has ever used fresh pineapple instead of canned? I just bought a pineapple and would love to use it (and of course practice using the wedger), but have never made one with fresh.... I know, I'm making this too complicated, just really want to get some oohs and aaahs.... Thanks for any help!

There's a Pina Colada Upside Down Cake in one of the recent SBRCs. The recipe would be on CC with the SBRC recipes. It's FANTASTIC! Uses fresh pineapple and coconut milk. Delish! The only thing I'd change about it is to cut the pineapple into small pieces instead of half-rings - then the cake will be easier to serve.

chefann said:
There's a Pina Colada Upside Down Cake in one of the recent SBRCs. The recipe would be on CC with the SBRC recipes. It's FANTASTIC! Uses fresh pineapple and coconut milk. Delish! The only thing I'd change about it is to cut the pineapple into small pieces instead of half-rings - then the cake will be easier to serve.

This is the BEST! It is so incredibly good. One of my favorite desserts ever from PC!

I thought about that one, but wasn't sure about it because he specifically said he wanted Pineapple Upside Down Cake... is it really far off from the original? I'll have to look at the recipe again...

No, it's very close...and not too coconut-y

ChefPaulaB said:
I thought about that one, but wasn't sure about it because he specifically said he wanted Pineapple Upside Down Cake... is it really far off from the original? I'll have to look at the recipe again...

I love Pineapple Upside Down Cake. I consider this to be the best pineapple upside down cake I've ever had. The coconut adds just enough of a twist to make this a WOW dessert!

Cool! I think that I'm going to try it! Thank you!!!

What ingredients are needed to make a Pineapple Upside Down Cake?

To make a Pineapple Upside Down Cake, you will need butter, brown sugar, pineapple slices, maraschino cherries, all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt, white sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, and milk.

Can I use canned pineapple slices instead of fresh pineapple?

Yes, canned pineapple slices can be used in a Pineapple Upside Down Cake. Just make sure to drain them well before using.

Do I need a special pan to make a Pineapple Upside Down Cake?

Yes, a special pan called a "cast iron skillet" is typically used to make a Pineapple Upside Down Cake. However, a round cake pan can also be used.

How do I prevent the cake from sticking to the pan?

To prevent the cake from sticking to the pan, make sure to properly grease the pan with butter or cooking spray before adding the batter. You can also line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper.

How long should I let the cake cool before flipping it over?

It is recommended to let the cake cool for about 10 minutes before flipping it over onto a serving plate. This allows the cake to set and prevents it from falling apart when flipping.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cactus_flower
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Flamingo
  • raebates
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
cochef
  • SPAMSTIME