• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Pineapple Upside-Down Cake in the RockCrok

raebates

Legend Member
Staff member
Dec 6, 2005
Help! Please! I made the Pineapple Upside-Down Cake in the RockCrok the other day.* Now I can't find the recipe. Can anyone share it with me? I remember the ingredients but not the amounts.

Thanks in advance!

*I completely screwed up the recipe. Used the wrong size cake mix. :grumpy: Very eggy. Edible, but not a cake.

BethCooks4U

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
It's on the RockCrok sheet: https://new.pamperedchef.com/iceberg/media/pdf/private/p5652-072013uscne-sellsheet-rockcrok.pdf

Quick Pineapple Upside-Down Cake
1⁄4 cup (50 mL) butter (1⁄2 stick), cut into small pieces
1⁄3 cup (75 mL) packed brown sugar
7 canned pineapple slices
7 maraschino cherries without stems
1 pkg (15.25–16.5 oz or 460 g) yellow cake mix
3 eggs
1 cup (250 mL) water
1⁄3 cup (75 mL) vegetable oil
1. Melt butter and brown sugar in RockcrokTM (2.5-qt./2.35-L) Everyday Pan or RockcrokTM (4-qt./3.8-L) Dutch Oven over medium heat 1–2 minutes or until mixture begins to bubble, stirring occasionally.
2. Arrange pineapple slices in pan; place cherries in centers of slices.
3. Prepare cake mix according to package directions in Classic Batter
Bowl. Slowly pour batter over pineapple.
4. Microwave, covered, on HIGH 8–10 minutes or until center is firm
and springs back when pressed.
5. Remove pan from microwave. Immediately invert cake onto Large
Grooved Cutting Board or serving platter.
Serves 12
U.S. Nutrients per serving: Calories 330, Total Fat 16 g, Saturated Fat 4 g, Cholesterol 55 mg, Sodium 310 mg,Carbohydrate 44 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 3 g

raebates

Legend Member
Staff member
Dec 6, 2005
Thanks! :love:

scottcooks

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Jul 7, 2005
Sure, but the classic is rings. You want the pineapple to stay on the 'outside' of the cake - tidbits would likely get mixed in with the batter, and you end up with pineapple inside-out cake or something.

raebates

Legend Member
Staff member
Dec 6, 2005
Sure, but the classic is rings. You want the pineapple to stay on the 'outside' of the cake - tidbits would likely get mixed in with the batter, and you end up with pineapple inside-out cake or something.

The tidbits would probably stay put, but you wouldn't have the distinctive look of the rings.

cochef

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Jul 8, 2007
Tidbits work fine and every time I use them folks like the fact that is so much pineapple all over the cake - and they stay on the surface just like the rings. Not so hard to cut either because you don't have to cut through the rings.