• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fresh Pineapple for Upside Down Cake??

In summary, if you want to use fresh pineapple for the Upside Down Cake made in the Exec. skillet, you need to cut it in half, loosen it from the wedger, and line up the cover under the pineapple.
cactus_flower
Has anyone tried using fresh pineapple for the Upside Down Cake made in the Exec. skillet? I really want to show off the pineapple wedger as much as possible.

It is true that if you cut the pineapple in half it is easy to use. I also, use a knife to loosen the pineapple from the wedger. My line: "Would anyone like to peel, core, and cut up a pineapple in less than a minute? YES, it CAN be done with our hottest new item, the Pampered Chef Pineapple Wedger!!

I've used fresh for the Piña Colada Cake in the 12" skillet. It's a variation on Pineapple Upside-Down cake. Delish! The only trick is to cut the pineapple up pretty small. Because it's not already cooked (from canning), it doesn't get as soft as canned when the cake is baked, so it can be a little tricky to cut.

I used it for the Upside Down Pina Colada Cake, which is close to the same thing and it was great! Also, a trick that I learned on here for the wedger and it works... After I push the wedger through, I line up the cover under the pineapple like I was putting it on the wedger and then push the rest of the way and it goes all the way and you don't have to use the knife to push it through. Just make sure that you line it up correctly, someone said that they didn't have theirs lined up and they cut their cover. But it works like a charm. I had problems with the wedger the first couple times because I used it on a counter, but when I used it on my table instead I didn't have any problems, plus with that handy little trick, it was awesome, I love it! Good luck! Great line by the way!

Oops you posted while I was typing! sorry!

Oh my gosh... I made the Pineapple upside down cake and it was GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!The new wedger is GREAT!!!!!!I have sold about 10 of them already.... This is my newest hot item for the new season...

1. How do I choose a ripe pineapple for upside down cake?

Choose a pineapple that is slightly soft to the touch and has a fragrant, sweet smell. Avoid pineapples with soft spots or bruises.

2. Do I need to core the pineapple before using it in the upside down cake?

Yes, it is recommended to core the pineapple before using it in the upside down cake. This will ensure that the slices are even and the cake cooks evenly.

3. Can I use canned pineapple for the upside down cake?

Yes, you can use canned pineapple for the upside down cake. However, fresh pineapple will provide a fresher and more intense flavor.

4. How do I prepare the pineapple for the upside down cake?

To prepare the pineapple, cut off the top and bottom of the pineapple. Stand the pineapple upright and use a sharp knife to slice off the skin in a downward motion. Then, cut the pineapple into slices or rings.

5. Can I use frozen pineapple for the upside down cake?

Yes, you can use frozen pineapple for the upside down cake. Make sure to thaw the pineapple completely and drain any excess liquid before using it in the cake.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • raebates
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
cochef
Replies