• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pineapple Upside Down Cake Question

with the cherries on the bottom and the nuts on top.I think its from the skillet U&C. I'm not sure though. I usually don't make it with the nuts. There are some fussy people in my family. LOLSame here!:thumbup: (except I have done the PC recipe too - and I LOVE the Pina Colada one! Yum!)Thanks, everyone!!Can you do the pineapple upside down cake in the 10 in skillet?The pina colada upside down cake from F/W 08 Season's Best wouldn't fit in a 10 in pan. Plus the 10" has sloped sides. The 12" sides are straighter.
AJPratt
Silver Member
Can I make the Pineapple Upside Down Cake (the recipe in the skillet) with crushed pineapple instead of the rings? I have two cans of crushed pineapple I need to use soon and I can't see buying the rings. Has anyone tried this? Thoughts?

My thoughts would be "why not"?

It won't look the same...but the taste would be the same!! As long as the size of the cans are the same, it would work!

Use it! It's easier to cut with crushed instead of rings. :D

I agree and it will be yummy with the nuts!!

I haven't done the PC recipe yet, but when I make my pineapple upside down cake I use whatever kind of canned pineapple I have on hand. I use the juice from the can as part of my liquid in the cake. Drain into measuring cup then fill to the mark with water.

I only make any pineapple upside down with crushed pineapple. SO much easier to cut. You can always still but the cherries on the top, and more of them.

Ann F said:
I haven't done the PC recipe yet, but when I make my pineapple upside down cake I use whatever kind of canned pineapple I have on hand. I use the juice from the can as part of my liquid in the cake. Drain into measuring cup then fill to the mark with water.

Same thing here!:thumbup: (except I have done the PC recipe too - and I LOVE the Pina Colada one! Yum!)

Thanks, everyone!!

can you do the pineapple upside down cake in the 10 in skillet?

The pina colada upside down cake from F/W 08 Season's Best wouldn't fit in a 10 in pan. Plus the 10" has sloped sides. The 12" sides are straighter.

I totally messed up this cake last night when I inverted it onto the platter! I will never make this at a show! It still tastes good, of course. But it's not sitting pretty.

I think I'd prefer crushed. I used fresh pineapple and it was hard to cut through the rings while eating the cake.

the 10 in has straight sides but good to know that it wont work.

aaah, I have the 10" open stock saute pan, not the one from the 7-piece set with straight sides.
That might work, but the 12" was pretty full!

Pineapple Upside-Down Cake (from the use & care)

Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 can (20 ounces) pineapple slices, undrained
5 maraschino cherries, drained and halved
1/2 cup chopped nuts
1 package (18.25 ounces) yellow cake mix
3 eggs
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 cup thawed, frozen whipped topping

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350°F. Melt butter in Executive (12-in.) Skillet (do not use stainless cookware) over low heat. Remove from heat; stir in brown sugar until well blended.
Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set aside. Arrange pineapple slices over brown sugar mixture in Skillet. Place a cherry half in center of each pineapple slice. Sprinkle with nuts.
Add enough water to pineapple juice to measure 1 1/3 cups liquid. In Classic Batter Bowl, combine cake mix, pineapple juice, eggs and oil; whisk until well blended and smooth. Pour over fruit mixture in skillet.
Bake 35-40 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven; cool 5 minutes. Carefully loosen edges of cake. Invert onto large serving plate. Cool slightly; garnish with whipped topping.
Yield: 12 servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 470, Total Fat 23 g, Saturated Fat 9 g, Cholesterol 75 mg, Carbohydrate 62 g, Protein 4 g, Sodium 350 mg, Fiber 2 g

Pineapple Upside-Down Cake (from the use & care)

What product is that use & care is that from?
Is it the same as the recipe from the latest Season's Best? (F/W 2008)

-edit: no it's not, the SB doesn't mention nuts.

I loved making this cake in my 12" skillet!! It took two of use to put it onto the platter and then I used the lift & serve to move it to the center of the platter and EVERYONE loved it!! So easy and so fun!! I loved telling people that I made it in a cookware piece!!

kspry said:
What product is that use & care is that from?
Is it the same as the recipe from the latest Season's Best? (F/W 2008)

-edit: no it's not, the SB doesn't mention nuts.

I think its from the skillet U&C. I'm not sure though. I usually don't make it with the nuts. There are some fussy people in my family. LOL

Well, I made it and it turned out great! I think I may make it like that from now on.

Glad to hear that! How are you and Mary doing?

I just made this for my dad's birthday - it's his favorite. I'll have to try it with the crushed pineapple sometime, but he might not like that - he's so traditional!! ;)

AJPratt said:
Well, I made it and it turned out great! I think I may make it like that from now on.

I will have mine with Vanilla Ice cream--Be there in an hour-

Thanks! We are good. She is up to a whopping 6 pounds, 2 ounces!!

cathyskitchen said:
I just made this for my dad's birthday - it's his favorite. I'll have to try it with the crushed pineapple sometime, but he might not like that - he's so traditional!! ;)

They are right, too... Its so much easier to cut!

MORFIA said:
I will have mine with Vanilla Ice cream--Be there in an hour-

I don't think you're that far away! LOL

Glad to hear that! Are you getting your strength back OK? DH helping out so you can keep up on your rest? (Yeah..I know...it's an impossible task with a newborn, but you KWIM!)

AJPratt said:
They are right, too... Its so much easier to cut!

I don't think you're that far away! LOL

but my car battery is DEAD--:( AND I WANT DESSERT SOOOOOOO BAD--

LOL----

wii fit and i will be glad i didnt in the am--I will come down when school starts and see you and Jen one day---I will take you both to Lunch---and the kiddies-

KellyTheChef said:
Glad to hear that! Are you getting your strength back OK? DH helping out so you can keep up on your rest? (Yeah..I know...it's an impossible task with a newborn, but you KWIM!)

I am feeling better. Dave has been pretty helpful. Sometimes I still feel the discomfort from my liver. I started to go nuts at home, and I went into the coffee house for a couple of days, just for a couple of hours. Its good to be out--really good. I know its only been three weeks, but I'm not doing anything strenuous and I am able to rest now knowing things are OK at the store. Plus, I have to get it back on track: when the cat is away...

MORFIA said:
wii fit and i will be glad i didnt in the am--I will come down when school starts and see you and Jen one day---I will take you both to Lunch---and the kiddies-

That would be great. I do have to email Jen. Its been a while.

AJPratt said:
That would be great. I do have to email Jen. Its been a while.
3 boys is a BIG deal--and it will always be--But they are so worth it-Mine are 12-11 and 8--and my dog is 18--still a lot of work its just different--
more self esteem and coaching now--good choices--ignoring bullies-etc--

I can't imagine 3!! One is quite enough for me!

and now she stays where you put her, doesn't put empty milk cartons back in fridge, or forget to put her crayons in the box before she leaves them on the leather seat of your new car (they still remember my crying jag on that one)but, she can't yet tell you she loves you, give you hugs without asking, reach for your hand in public.... the best is yet to come!!!Enjoy her!!!

my 12 year old put 18 organic eggs in the freezer last week---LOL--The best part he wanted to still cook them--

the first week our oldest was home from college this summer, he was exhausted and literally an airhead. he opened a new 1/2 gallon of chocolate ice cream ate what he wanted and stuck the container in the fridge & the strawberries in the freezer the next day when his brother went to have cereal he was furious!! my daughter took it in stride she added vanilla ice cream to the blender and had a milkshake.

1. Can I make the Pineapple Upside Down Cake (the recipe in the skillet) with crushed pineapple instead of the rings?

Yes, you can definitely make a Pineapple Upside Down Cake using crushed pineapple instead of rings. The texture and appearance of the cake may be slightly different, but the taste should still be delicious.

2. I have two cans of crushed pineapple I need to use soon and I can't see buying the rings. Has anyone tried this?

Yes, many people have tried making Pineapple Upside Down Cake with crushed pineapple instead of rings. It is a popular alternative for those who do not have rings on hand or do not want to purchase them.

3. Thoughts on using crushed pineapple for the cake?

Using crushed pineapple can add a different texture to the cake, but it can also make it more moist and flavorful. It is a personal preference, but many people enjoy the taste of crushed pineapple in their Pineapple Upside Down Cake.

4. Will the cake still have the classic "upside down" appearance with crushed pineapple?

The cake may not have the same distinct ring shape that comes from using pineapple rings, but it will still have the traditional "upside down" appearance with a layer of pineapple on top and a golden caramelized crust.

5. Any tips for using crushed pineapple in the skillet recipe?

One tip is to make sure to drain the crushed pineapple well before adding it to the skillet. Excess liquid can affect the texture and consistency of the cake. You can also consider adding some extra cornstarch to the batter to help thicken it and prevent it from becoming too wet.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
cochef
  • SPAMSTIME
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
SPAMSTIME
  • ajnewchef