• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pineapple Upside Down Cake in the Dcb?

In summary, the conversation revolved around the use of the Deep Covered Baker (DCB) for making both Loaded Baked Potato Soup and Pineapple Upside Down Cake. The host mentioned using the DCB to showcase its multiple uses and attract bookings. Another member shared the recipe for the Pineapple Upside Down Cake, which received positive feedback from others. The instructions for the cake can be found in a thread on the forum and involve microwaving the ingredients in the DCB for a quick and easy dessert.
Aurora
For my second show, I'm doing the Loaded Baked Potato Soup in the DCB (my host has one, as do I), and thinking it might be fun to showcase the DCB for the pineapple upside down cake as well - show it's multiple uses, all in the microwave... trying to get bookings, so tempting guests with a host only item! :p

How is the cake done, exactly? I looked and can't seem to find instructions... Thanks!

woohoo, Shanna! I was just looking at your signature! you're off to a great start.

the pineapple upside down cake is my family's favorite. Won my sweetie over to the idea of me doing Pampered Chef, too.

The instructions are in this thread http://www.chefsuccess.com/f7/yummy-dcb-dessert-61933/ along with several other great DCB ideas.

I use a little less butter and brown sugar, probably about 1 1/2 stick of butter, 1 1/2 cups brown sugar.

all the best!

To make the Pineapple Upside Down Cake in the Deep Covered Baker, you will need the following ingredients:- 1/3 cup butter- 1 cup brown sugar- 1 can (20 oz) pineapple slices, drained- 1 jar (6 oz) maraschino cherries, drained- 1 box yellow cake mix- 3 eggs- 1 cup water- 1/3 cup vegetable oilInstructions:1. Preheat your microwave on high for 3 minutes. Place the butter in the Deep Covered Baker and microwave for 30 seconds, or until melted.2. Sprinkle the brown sugar evenly over the melted butter.3. Arrange the pineapple slices and cherries in a single layer over the brown sugar.4. In a separate bowl, mix together the cake mix, eggs, water, and vegetable oil until well combined.5. Pour the cake batter over the pineapple and cherries in the Deep Covered Baker.6. Microwave on high for 12-14 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.7. Carefully remove the Deep Covered Baker from the microwave and let it cool for 5 minutes.8. Place a serving plate over the top of the Deep Covered Baker and invert the cake onto the plate.9. Serve warm and enjoy your delicious Pineapple Upside Down Cake!

1. How do I prepare the Deep Covered Baker (DCB) for baking a Pineapple Upside Down Cake?

To prepare the DCB for baking a Pineapple Upside Down Cake, you will need to lightly spray the interior of the DCB with non-stick cooking spray. This will prevent the cake from sticking to the sides of the DCB and make it easier to remove after baking.

2. Can I use canned pineapple slices for the Pineapple Upside Down Cake in the DCB?

Yes, you can use canned pineapple slices for this recipe. Just make sure to drain the slices well before arranging them in the bottom of the DCB.

3. How long does it take to bake a Pineapple Upside Down Cake in the DCB?

The baking time for this recipe is approximately 35-40 minutes. However, it is always a good idea to check the cake for doneness by inserting a toothpick into the center. If it comes out clean, the cake is done.

4. Can I use a cake mix for the Pineapple Upside Down Cake in the DCB?

Yes, you can use a cake mix for this recipe. Simply follow the instructions on the cake mix box, but instead of using a traditional cake pan, use the DCB as directed in the recipe.

5. How do I remove the Pineapple Upside Down Cake from the DCB?

Once the cake has finished baking, let it cool in the DCB for about 10 minutes. Then, place a serving platter or cutting board on top of the DCB and carefully flip it over to release the cake. The cake should come out easily, but if it sticks, gently tap the bottom of the DCB to loosen it.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
cochef
  • SPAMSTIME
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
SPAMSTIME
  • ajnewchef