1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Pineapple upside down cake with 7up?

1. jdavis

jdavis Veteran Member

OK, I asked someone at work what kind of cake he wanted for his bday this month, :rolleyes: and I was telling him I would just make it in the microwave with the stoneware fluted pan, and of course he said something I didn't know how to make. He said that he wanted a Pineapple upside down cake, but not just any pineapple upside down cake one that is made with 7up. So can anybody help me out here, I have never heard of this, and I don't know if it can be made in there. Thanks!

Aug 15, 2005
  2. Jennie4PC

Jennie4PC Legacy Member

if im thinking right i dont think you would be able to put it in the microwave but you can try it out but if you are doing dutch oven pinapple upside down cake i believe you put the pineapple on the bottom then dry cake mox the sprite then put in oven and cook i dont think it will work in the microwave because it needs the moister but i would try it and let me know how it goes i just did a peach dutch oven cake lastnight in the oven and it was good and worked out great

Aug 15, 2005
  3. bejams

bejams Member

I mix 1 can of 7up 1 yellow cake mix. mix togeather put brown sugar and Pineapples on bottom . Pour cake mix on top and cook. I have made this in the oven, before its great I am going to try it in the Microwave now.
    It is a weight watcher recipe.

Aug 15, 2005
  4. dawn424383

dawn424383 Member

Do you make it in the Professional Family Skillet? If so, at what temp. and for how long? Do you follow box time and temp. instructions? Sounds like a great easy demo recipe to show off some cookware!

Aug 15, 2005
  5. rwesterpchef

rwesterpchef Advanced Member

7Up Pineapple Upside Down Cake

Yes, follow the time & temp of the box. My oven is squirlley, so I set it at 365 :) .
    I have also put it in the 10" skillet. Just increase the cooking time by about 5-7 minutes.

Aug 15, 2005
  6. SO YOU JUST PUT THE CAKE MIX AND 7-UP IN IT. YOU DON'T PUT OIL OR EGGS? COULD SOMEONE SEND ME THE RECEIPE? THANKS

CRYSTAL WALLACE
    [email protected]

Aug 16, 2005
Have something to add?