• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Carmen Miranda & Rum Cake: A Meeting to Remember!

I almost didn't post these, but I promised a couple of people that I would. :)My Senior Director and an Executive Director who has some people in my area have a training meeting on the first Tuesday of each month. We usually have a recipe demo. This month, I demoed the Island Breeze Rum Cake. Dressed like Carmen Miranda. Wearing the fruit hat and everything.I think the apron makes the outfit. :)These are from my camera. Karan Radcliffe (the Exec) was also snapping pics and said that she plans to send them to HO.And, of, course, I had lipstick on my teeth the whole time. <groan>Those pictures are great
chefann
Gold Member
I almost didn't post these, but I promised a couple of people that I would. :)

My Senior Director and an Executive Director who has some people in my area have a training meeting on the first Tuesday of each month. We usually have a recipe demo. This month, I demoed the Island Breeze Rum Cake. Dressed like Carmen Miranda. Wearing the fruit hat and everything.

http://www.dannann.net/ann/web_point.jpg

I think the apron makes the outfit. :)

http://www.dannann.net/ann/web_cake.jpg

These are from my camera. Karan Radcliffe (the Exec) was also snapping pics and said that she plans to send them to HO.

And, of, course, I had lipstick on my teeth the whole time. <groan>

Those pictures are great!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing. I bet everyone loved it!

I just have one question...where in the world did you find the outfit? lol! Great pictures...that's why you're good at what you do!

Could you come to my Spring Open House this Saturday Ann? Oops, I mean Carmen???:D :D

Oh, that's great! :) You ROCK!

WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing! That is wonderful!

Those are great!! Thanks for posting them :) ....we don't have anyone that fun in our cluster!

Ann, you are too funny!

Becky- I'm not doing anything this Saturday. I guess I'm up for a road trip. :) Let's see, about 3 hours to GR from my house...

---
I made the costume for a party this past Halloween. The car club DH and I belong to has had one for the past 3 years. He and I usually have the best costumes. He's got an amazing Darth Vader costume (purchased, and supposedly made from the molds they used for the movies). For the 2005 party, I made this costume:
http://www.michiganlcoc.org/gallery/albums/Halloween2005/res947999842.jpg

My hairstylist already has dibs on Carmen for this Halloween. He'll be hilarious in it!

The best question I had Tuesday was, "Are you wearing this at all your shows this season?"

Ann those pictures are great!

Ann

Ann,

Those costumes are AWESOME!! I looked at the first one and thought the same thing, where in the world would you find that costume! Did you make that one as well?:confused:

Wow, Anne, that's great. My question: Is that what you're wearing to National Conference so your cluster-mates can find you?

I'm very impressed that you made those yourself! I wish I could sew....

You MADE those?!?!?!

wow...any they say we can't have fun! was there any alcohol involved???

you hilarious Ann! I bet your shows are a riot!

Tooo funny!! Love it Ann I would love to come to your meetings.

That is way to funny! I'll bet your shows are a riot!

That was awesome!!

I want a cluster meeting like that!! Our is sooooooooo boring!!
Thanks for sharing!

Aww... you ladies are sweet.
http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/love0063.gif

No, there wasn't any alcohol at the meeting. Other than the rum in the cake.

I try to be fun at my shows, but my humor is off-center enough that people have to be used to me to get it. And I try not to scare them off. :)

I don't actually wear that costume to my shows. I'm afraid of ruining it. There's about $125 in fabric/trims/plastic fruit in that outfit. (The Renaissance one has about $175 in it without the wig.)

Rae- I'm not planning to wear them to Conference. They take up too much room in the suitcase! (But if you want to borrow one....)

Oh My God>>>>>>>>>>bahahahahah. That Rules!

chefann said:
The best question I had Tuesday was, "Are you wearing this at all your shows this season?"

....and the answer is?

oh nevermind, I didn't see that there was a second page...I have a french maid costume that I made my own self...what kind of theme could go with that?! Oooh I know! I have a friend who wants to do a "dirty party" combo with PC. I am ONLY doing it because I think it's the only way to get this friend to do a show and it should be good for some giggles...

OHmy goodness Ann, I bet your shows are fun:) I was going to ask if that's what you're walking across the stage in if you promote by conference!

speedychef said:
oh nevermind, I didn't see that there was a second page...I have a french maid costume that I made my own self...what kind of theme could go with that?! Oooh I know! I have a friend who wants to do a "dirty party" combo with PC. I am ONLY doing it because I think it's the only way to get this friend to do a show and it should be good for some giggles...
Don't get your products mixed up when packing up...LMAO!!!

ANN! Those are too great! Looks soooo fun! Wish I would have witnessed that in person!

Those are awsome Photos Ann!!!

Ann I cant believe you made those costumes. The only talent I have for sewing is a straight line. Those look awsome

I didn't know what a talented seamstress you are!

And, rennea: LOVE, LOVE, LOVE This!!!
"It is inhumane, in my opinion, to force people who have a genuine medical need for coffee to wait in line behind people who apparently view it as some kind of recreational activity."

chefann said:
Rae- I'm not planning to wear them to Conference. They take up too much room in the suitcase! (But if you want to borrow one....)
The dress looks a little heavy and hot for Chicago in July. Now the hat . . . well, maybe. Last time I went to conference I wore a parrot on my head. Seriously.

Last edited:
Ok Ann-Start my costume I am coming to spend Halloween with you this year!!!:D

OMG!!! Ann...They are FABULOUS!!!!!
You have SOME Talent!!!:D

Love the pictures Ann! I wish I was there!

AJPratt said:
I didn't know what a talented seamstress you are!

And, rennea: LOVE, LOVE, LOVE This!!!
"It is inhumane, in my opinion, to force people who have a genuine medical need for coffee to wait in line behind people who apparently view it as some kind of recreational activity."
Anne,

Want me to make cute curtains for your shop?

And I think that quote should be framed and hung in a prominent position on the wall!

Wow Ann, these are great! I sure could have used your help these past few months making the drapes for my living room! I hate to sew....but when I found out how much someone else would charge me I had to suck it up and do it myself.....now I KNOW WHY they wanted to charge me so much! And, I still have to do the swags......

chefann said:
Anne,Want me to make cute curtains for your shop?And I think that quote should be framed and hung in a prominent position on the wall!
Sew what? :confused:

How did you get your phots into the message box????

chefann said:
Anne,

Want me to make cute curtains for your shop?

And I think that quote should be framed and hung in a prominent position on the wall!

raebates said:
The dress looks a little heavy and hot for Chicago in July. Now the hat . . . well, maybe. Last time I went to conference I wore a parrot on my head.

Seriously.
Pictures?

Go look at this post and the one after it in the thread. I'm not going to repost them here but you need to go see them!

chefann said:
Becky- I'm not doing anything this Saturday. I guess I'm up for a road trip. :) Let's see, about 3 hours to GR from my house...

---
I made the costume for a party this past Halloween. The car club DH and I belong to has had one for the past 3 years. He and I usually have the best costumes.
Ann, I bet you keep the car club in stitches. It seams like you're able to spool one great thread after another!

Wow, thanks for posting. I love them. You make great costumes.

Your costumes are AWESOME!!! You got talent!! LOL :)

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Pictures?

Actually, if you looked at the Wave 2 pictures from National Conference 2005, you saw a picture of my clustermates and me in our feathered finery.

BTW: If you ever want to rob a bank, wear a parrot hat. I would be walking to a general session talking to someone, take out my hat to put it on before entering the auditorium, and hear, "Oh, my gosh! You're one of THEM!" No one paid any attention to our faces. All they saw were our parrot hats!

Related to Carmen Miranda & Rum Cake: A Meeting to Remember!

1. What is the recipe for the Island Breeze Rum Cake?

The recipe for the Island Breeze Rum Cake can be found in the Pampered Chef Season's Best® Recipe Collection or on our website under the Recipes tab. It includes ingredients such as cake mix, pudding mix, rum, and pineapple.

2. How do I make the fruit hat for the Carmen Miranda costume?

To make the fruit hat, you will need a wide-brimmed straw hat, fake fruit, and hot glue. Simply glue the fake fruit onto the hat in a decorative pattern. You can also use real fruit, but be sure to secure it with extra glue or wire.

3. Can I use a different type of alcohol in the rum cake?

Yes, you can substitute rum for another type of alcohol such as bourbon or brandy. However, keep in mind that it may alter the flavor of the cake.

4. How long does it take to make the Island Breeze Rum Cake?

The total time for making the Island Breeze Rum Cake is about 1 hour and 30 minutes, including prep time and baking time. However, this may vary depending on your oven and baking experience.

5. Can I order the fruit hat and apron from Pampered Chef?

Unfortunately, we do not carry the fruit hat or apron as part of our product line. However, you may be able to find them at a party supply or costume store.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MamaChef
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
pckrissy
  • chefann
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefann
Replies