• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Chocolate Strawberry Velvet Cake.....

In summary, Becky asked for instructions on how to bake the Chocolate/Strawberry Cake in an oven, and the Pampered Chef Test Kitchen gave instructions to bake it at 350F for 50-60 minutes. Diane shared her experience baking the cake in a skillet, which took 30 minutes at 350F. She also shared the recipe, which called for seedless strawberry jam or spread. The three cakes she made were tested by family and friends, and each cake had various toppings such as Cool Whip rosettes, chocolate dipped strawberries, and whipped cream. The cakes received positive reviews and were deemed too pretty to eat.
Mine was BC. :) I stock up when they are 79 or 89 cents. A few of each kind ;)

The dark chocolate chips sounds great! I'll have to try that with raspberry preserves sometime too!

ChefBeckyD said:
I have a DH Dark Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix, and I think if I use that with dark chocolate chips, I will like it better!
Are you making this for the meeting on Monday night? Please?!

JAE said:
Are you making this for the meeting on Monday night? Please?!

Why yes, I am!:chef:

I e-mailed you about the meeting. Did you see it? You weren't on here at the time.

JAE said:
I e-mailed you about the meeting. Did you see it? You weren't on here at the time.

Yeah - I have to be there at 6pm.....I'm the official "greeter" for the meeting, and also directing people as to placement of their food, and making sure everyone is filling out nametags and other info......If you want to come with me, I have to leave here at 5:30.......

my 2 cents on the cake---I used 1-2 of the morsels and 1-2 of the oil in the cake when I cooked it in the skillet---IT WAS STILL GREAT JUST SHORTEr IN TIME----Oh I also used a straw to poke holes to get the most out of the topping after it was cooked---It soaked all the way in----

MORFIA said:
my 2 cents on the cake---I used 1-2 of the morsels and 1-2 of the oil in the cake when I cooked it in the skillet---IT WAS STILL GREAT JUST SHORTEr IN TIME----Oh I also used a straw to poke holes to get the most out of the topping after it was cooked---It soaked all the way in----
I like the --poking-- idea. -Try that-Becky----

MORFIA said:
my 2 cents on the cake---I used 1-2 of the morsels and 1-2 of the oil in the cake when I cooked it in the skillet--

-IT WAS STILL GREAT JUST SHORTEr IN TIME----

Oh I also used a straw to poke holes to get the most out of the topping after it was cooked---It soaked all the way in----

I don't know what you mean by this.......

1-2? What do you mean????

My microwave is a small one (I can fit the pan in, but the handles will not allow the turntable to turn). My cakes (I have tried 3) have always overflowed. I just chalked it up to the wattage of my microwave.
That said, I have made this cake 2 times in the oven and LOVE it!! I think I will start doing it as a skillet cake to take less time.

ChefBeckyD said:
I don't know what you mean by this.......

1-2? What do you mean????
I bet she means half.......maybe?

I made this last night at a show, and it came out awesome!!! I think made w/ rasberries would be awesome as well. Thanks for reminding me about this cake!

So I made this all week long several different ways to get it ready for my show last night. The last couple of times I did it it came out great! SO last night I took the fluted pan off the platter after it had been sitting there for 10 minutes (like the directions say) and guess what? The top half of the cake stuck in the pan! :eek: I brushed it with oil really good too.

I gently lifted it out and placed it on top the cake and joked about gluing it together with the jam. It ended up looking beautiful at the end but OMGOSH....how embarassing! The ladies loved it and ate the whole cake so it worked out.

thanks Linda---YOU are correct---1/2 it is---

OMG, OMG, OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I made this at my show yesterday and it is fantastic! It has got to be a staple for my next few shows because it is easy and yummy!

Christ Follower said:
So I made this all week long several different ways to get it ready for my show last night. The last couple of times I did it it came out great! SO last night I took the fluted pan off the platter after it had been sitting there for 10 minutes (like the directions say) and guess what? The top half of the cake stuck in the pan! :eek: I brushed it with oil really good too.

I gently lifted it out and placed it on top the cake and joked about gluing it together with the jam. It ended up looking beautiful at the end but OMGOSH....how embarassing! The ladies loved it and ate the whole cake so it worked out.

A chunk of mine stuff but you couldn't really tell. It all get ate the same! I made the Tamale Round About (horrible with recipe names!) and the entire top half of the corn bread stuck in the pan.

ljeffries said:
My microwave is a small one (I can fit the pan in, but the handles will not allow the turntable to turn). My cakes (I have tried 3) have always overflowed. I just chalked it up to the wattage of my microwave.
That said, I have made this cake 2 times in the oven and LOVE it!! I think I will start doing it as a skillet cake to take less time.

I tried it for the first time last night and alas, mine overflowed too! (really quite a mess) and then all the goo on the rim of the stone made it difficult to lift up from the serving platter. Other than the mess it made, it tasted AWESOME! I'll have to continue "practicing" before I'll do it for a show. My fluted stone is brand new--could this have caused it? I oiled it REALLY well to compensate for that, but I think that would make it NOT rise instead of the opposite.

The Spring DVD says that the rim of the stone gets icky from when the batter rises up (poofs) during cooking, especially in high-wattage microwaves. The overflow problem is probably related, only causing the batter to rise enough to flow out of the pan instead of just rising to the top. Has anyone tried baking it at 80% power to see if that eliminates the overflow?

HMMMMMMMM, I might have to make another one and try the 80% power. Oh the things we do in the name of science! (Better eat up the one I made first!!)

So, how was Becky's at the meeting??????????

This cake is YUMMY! Made it for my meeting; everyone raved about it. I'll definately reccommend it; but probably when strawberries are in season.

chefann said:
I've noticed that cakes in the microwave tend to poof up as they're cooking, and settle when the microwave turns off. Maybe your microwave is higher wattage than is recommended, and you need to turn it down a bit (like to 80% power).

I just got my fluted stone a few days ago and I decided to try and make the mexican chocolate cake. I set the micro to 80% power like you said Ann, and it worked perfectly!! No overflow!

Christ Follower said:
Mine overflowed too
Did you happen to use a hand mixer or electric mixer when mixing everything together? I've found that by not mixing it by hand puts too much air into the batter and can certainly cause overflows in the microwave.

<h2>1. Can I bake the Chocolate Strawberry Velvet Cake in the oven instead of the microwave?</h2><p>Yes, the recipe can be baked in the oven at 350F for 50-60 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.</p><h2>2. Can I use a skillet or fluted pan to bake the cake?</h2><p>The recipe has only been tested in the microwave, but you can try using a skillet or fluted pan in the oven. We would love to know how it turns out if you do!</p><h2>3. How long should I bake the cake for in the oven?</h2><p>The cake should be baked for 50-60 minutes at 350F or until a cake tester comes out clean.</p><h2>4. Can I substitute any ingredients in the recipe?</h2><p>We recommend following the recipe as written for best results. Substituting ingredients may alter the final texture and taste of the cake.</p><h2>5. Can I make this cake without using a microwave or oven?</h2><p>The Chocolate Strawberry Velvet Cake recipe is designed for either the microwave or oven. We do not have instructions for making it without using one of these methods.</p>

1. Can I bake the Chocolate Strawberry Velvet Cake in the oven instead of the microwave?

Yes, the recipe can be baked in the oven at 350F for 50-60 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.

2. Can I use a skillet or fluted pan to bake the cake?

The recipe has only been tested in the microwave, but you can try using a skillet or fluted pan in the oven. We would love to know how it turns out if you do!

3. How long should I bake the cake for in the oven?

The cake should be baked for 50-60 minutes at 350F or until a cake tester comes out clean.

4. Can I substitute any ingredients in the recipe?

We recommend following the recipe as written for best results. Substituting ingredients may alter the final texture and taste of the cake.

5. Can I make this cake without using a microwave or oven?

The Chocolate Strawberry Velvet Cake recipe is designed for either the microwave or oven. We do not have instructions for making it without using one of these methods.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Alanna1
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Alanna1
  • pampered2007
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
stacywhitlow
  • reneenshelcook4u