• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can You Make a Chocolate Velvet Cake Without a Microwave Turntable?

In summary, the No Turntable for Micro-Cake is a silicone mold used to bake small cakes in the microwave without the need for a rotating turntable. It is easy to use with any cake mix and is both dishwasher safe and easy to hand wash. The mold offers benefits such as faster cooking times, even heat distribution, and a compact design that is perfect for making individual-sized cakes.
tvwalsh72
I'm doing the Chocolate Velvet Cake tomorrow - after reading another thread I'm completely nervous. I didn't have time to practice!!!! Anyway, the host does not have a microwave with a turntable.

I was thinking of stopping the cake every two minutes to rotate. Does anyone have an opinion on this?

ALSO,

I only have the rectangular platter. Will the cake be OK on this?

Last edited:
It should probably be okay, but it's better with the turntable. They used to sell those turntables separately - can you ask her if one of her friends/family has one she can borrow? Other than that, turning it every 2 min. is probably your best option. I would assign one of the guests to that task so you don't forget and it starts blowing up one of the sides! GL!

Here is what was on one of my saved documents:

HINTS: Rotate cake 1/4 turn every 3 minutes. Check with a cake tester and if not done then cook 1 minute more each time before testing again. The best results are found with cake mixes containing puddings or the new moist cakes.

I've always just turned them 1/2 way through, but Kelly's is probably a better idea!!

Hi there! Don't worry, I'm sure your Chocolate Velvet Cake will turn out great tomorrow! It's always a little nerve-wracking trying a new recipe, but as long as you follow the instructions, it should come out delicious. As for the microwave, stopping the cake every two minutes to rotate it should work just fine. Just make sure to keep an eye on it and adjust the cooking time if needed. And don't worry about not having a turntable, the rectangular platter should work just fine for the cake. Good luck and happy baking!

Related to Can You Make a Chocolate Velvet Cake Without a Microwave Turntable?

1. What is a No Turntable for Micro-Cake?

A No Turntable for Micro-Cake is a specially designed silicone mold used to bake small cakes in a microwave. It eliminates the need for a traditional rotating turntable in the microwave, making it a convenient and space-saving option for those who love to bake.

2. How do I use the No Turntable for Micro-Cake?

Using the No Turntable for Micro-Cake is easy! Simply prepare your cake batter according to the recipe instructions, pour it into the mold, and place it in the microwave. The mold is designed to evenly distribute heat, resulting in a perfectly baked cake in just a few minutes.

3. Can I use the No Turntable for Micro-Cake with any cake mix?

Yes, you can use the No Turntable for Micro-Cake with any cake mix. Just make sure to follow the recommended cooking times provided with the mold for best results.

4. Is the No Turntable for Micro-Cake dishwasher safe?

Yes, the No Turntable for Micro-Cake is dishwasher safe. You can also hand wash it with warm soapy water for easy cleanup.

5. What are the benefits of using the No Turntable for Micro-Cake?

The No Turntable for Micro-Cake offers several benefits, including faster cooking times, even heat distribution, and a compact design that saves space in your kitchen. It is also great for making individual-sized cakes, perfect for portion control or serving at parties.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
chefann
  • jenbaez
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
cochef