• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Make Delicious Hazelnut Cake in a Rice Cooker - No Microwave Needed!

In summary, the conversation discusses making a hazelnut cake in a rice cooker. It is clarified that any type of rice cooker can be used and there is no need to preheat it. Hazelnut flour can be substituted with other types of flour, but it may alter the flavor and texture. The total cooking time for the cake is approximately 45 minutes and additional toppings or flavors can be added for personal preference.
lisacb77
I noticed in the Hazlenut cake recipe it said you need to do it in a microwave with a turntable. We don't have one. Can I still do it? This was the whole reason I got it! Would I just need to turn it every few minutes?

Anyone done it?

You can purchase a separate turn-table for mirowaves. Something like that would be your best bet. Stopping the microwave to turn it would allow the expanding gasses in the cake to collapse. Your cake might be cooked, but it wouldn't turn out as even or light. :)

Yes, you can still make the Hazelnut cake even if you don't have a microwave with a turntable. You can try using a regular microwave and just make sure to rotate the cake every few minutes to ensure even cooking. Alternatively, you can also bake the cake in a regular oven. Just adjust the baking time and temperature accordingly. I haven't personally tried it, but I'm sure others have and can share their experiences. Good luck!

Related to Make Delicious Hazelnut Cake in a Rice Cooker - No Microwave Needed!

1. Can I use a regular rice cooker to make this hazelnut cake?

Yes, you can use any type of rice cooker to make this hazelnut cake. The recipe is specifically designed for a rice cooker and does not require a microwave.

2. Do I need to preheat the rice cooker before adding the cake batter?

No, there is no need to preheat the rice cooker. Simply add the cake batter directly into the rice cooker and set the timer according to the recipe instructions.

3. Can I substitute the hazelnut flour with a different type of flour?

Yes, you can substitute the hazelnut flour with any other type of flour. However, the hazelnut flour gives the cake its distinct flavor and texture, so the end result may be slightly different.

4. How long does it take to make this hazelnut cake in a rice cooker?

The total cooking time for the hazelnut cake in a rice cooker is approximately 45 minutes. This includes the preparation time and cooking time.

5. Can I add any additional toppings or flavors to this hazelnut cake?

Yes, you can add additional toppings or flavors to the hazelnut cake. Some popular options include chocolate chips, chopped nuts, or a drizzle of chocolate or caramel sauce on top. Be creative and experiment to find your favorite combination!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
lisa717
  • fifiplc
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
TheNewMrsRue
Replies
Views
Paula R. Lewis