• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Making a Lava Cake in a Rice Cooker - All Your Questions Answered

In summary, the rice cooker cakes recipe calls for 3-4 scoops of prepared frosting, yellow cake mix, and then microwave for 9 minutes. You can also make a cake in the rice cooker with just 2 ingredients - a box of cake mix and 12 ounces of any diet soda.
Nanisu
Gold Member
I have never done a lava cake in the rice cooker...

how long do you cook it for?
Whole can of frosting?
Cake mix ingredients like it says on the box?
How long do you let it set when its done Mwaving?

Here's my recipe for the rice cooker cakes:
Crispy Creme Cake
Put 3-4 medium scoops of prepared vanilla frosting in bottom of rice cooker. Mix yellow cake mix according to directions and pour over frosting. Place the inner lid on the base and then lock the cover into place. Microwave on high for 9 minutes. Invert immediately onto serving plate. Tastes best warm. This recipe can be made with other frosting and cake flavor combinations but vanilla frosting and yellow cake tastes like a hot Krispy Kreme donut if eaten while still warm.

When I've done it I mix the cake in the rice cooker, per cake box directions. Drop in scoops of tub frosting into the cake mix...half, whole tub-whatever your preference :)Depending on microwave, about 10 minutes and then same as above, invert on a platter larger than the rice cooker to allow the frosting to come out, but not get everywhere!

Nanisu said:
I have never done a lava cake in the rice cooker...

how long do you cook it for?
Whole can of frosting?
Cake mix ingredients like it says on the box?
How long do you let it set when its done Mwaving?

Don't feel bad... I didn't even know you could make a cake in the rice cooker! Thanks for posting! (and everyone for sharing tips!)

Can this be made in the Micro Cooker?

You can also make a cake in the rice cooker with just 2 ingredients. A box of cake mix and 12 ounces of any diet soda. My favorite is white cake mix and diet orange soda :) flip it onto a platter to cool then top with cool whip lite and mandarin oranges YUMMY!

I always thought that you weren't supposed to use the lid with the cake?

1. How do I make a lava cake in a rice cooker?

To make a lava cake in a rice cooker, you will need to mix together cake mix, melted butter, eggs, and water in a separate bowl. Pour the mixture into your rice cooker and cook on the regular rice setting for about 45 minutes. Once the cake is done, let it cool for a few minutes before serving.

2. Can I use any type of rice cooker to make a lava cake?

Yes, you can use any type of rice cooker to make a lava cake as long as it has a "regular" or "white rice" setting. Avoid using a rice cooker with a "quick cook" or "sushi rice" setting as this can cause the cake to cook too quickly and may result in a dry cake.

3. Do I need to use a water bath when making a lava cake in a rice cooker?

No, you do not need to use a water bath when making a lava cake in a rice cooker. The rice cooker will provide enough moisture to cook the cake evenly without the need for a water bath.

4. How can I make sure the lava cake doesn't stick to the rice cooker?

To prevent the lava cake from sticking to the rice cooker, be sure to grease the inside of the cooker with cooking spray or butter before pouring in the cake batter. You can also line the bottom of the cooker with parchment paper for easier removal.

5. How can I tell if the lava cake is done in the rice cooker?

You can use a toothpick or cake tester to check if the lava cake is done in the rice cooker. Insert it into the center of the cake and if it comes out clean, the cake is ready. The top of the cake should also be set and slightly firm to the touch.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
D Levad
  • PamperedchefDaly
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • wadesgirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies