• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help W/Chocolate Velvet Micro Cake

In summary, the Chocolate Velvet Micro Cake is made with flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, salt, eggs, milk, vanilla extract, and vegetable oil. It can be made gluten-free by using a gluten-free flour blend. Cooking time may vary depending on the wattage of your microwave, with adjustments of 10-15 seconds for smaller or larger microwaves. Additional ingredients like chocolate chips, nuts, or mix-ins can be added for more flavor and texture. The cake can also be made ahead of time and reheated for 10-15 seconds in the microwave.
jenbaez
Was wondering if anyone has tried the Chocolate Velvet Cake w/Strawberries in a lower wattage microwave. My host (tonight!!) has a 900 watt and I've only done it in 1000 watt, as suggested in the recipe. Common sense tells me to cook it a little longer - but I wanted to know if anyone has done this and what the results have been.... does it dry it out more? Any tips?

Try it at normal time and check it. You can always put it back in.

I haven't personally tried making the Chocolate Velvet Cake with Strawberries in a lower wattage microwave, but I have some tips that might help. First, I would suggest checking the cake periodically while it's cooking and adjusting the time accordingly. It's better to slightly undercook it and add some time than to overcook it and dry it out. Another tip is to cover the cake with a damp paper towel while microwaving to help retain moisture. And finally, if you're worried about the cake drying out, you could try adding a little bit of water or milk to the batter before cooking. Hope that helps and good luck with your dinner tonight!

What is the ingredient list for the Chocolate Velvet Micro Cake?

The ingredient list for the Chocolate Velvet Micro Cake includes flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, salt, eggs, milk, vanilla extract, and vegetable oil.

Can the Chocolate Velvet Micro Cake be made gluten-free?

Yes, the Chocolate Velvet Micro Cake can be made gluten-free by using a gluten-free flour blend in place of regular flour.

How do I adjust the cooking time for a larger or smaller microwave?

Cooking time may vary depending on the wattage of your microwave. For a smaller microwave, decrease cooking time by 10-15 seconds. For a larger microwave, increase cooking time by 10-15 seconds. It is important to check the cake for doneness before adding additional time.

Can I add any additional ingredients to the Chocolate Velvet Micro Cake?

Yes, you can add chocolate chips, nuts, or other mix-ins to the batter before cooking for added flavor and texture.

Can I make the Chocolate Velvet Micro Cake ahead of time?

Yes, the Chocolate Velvet Micro Cake can be made ahead of time and stored in an airtight container for up to 2 days. To reheat, place in the microwave for 10-15 seconds.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampered2007
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
stacywhitlow
  • emmabelle47
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
DebbieSAChef
  • gailz2