• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Interactive Show With Choc. Velvet Cake With Strawberries

In summary, the bride-to-be is planning to have her upcoming cooking show feature a chocolate velvet cake with strawberries that is made using the interactive show format. She is looking for feedback on whether or not it would be better to make the cake in the oven or in the microwave. Some people who have done this demo say it works well either way, but the bride-to-be would like to have her guests help her finish the cake.
pampered2007
Hello! I have a cooking show coming up and the host is also a bride to be. She wants to make the chocolate velvet cake with strawberries and have it be done using the interactive show format where her and her guests make the recipe. Not decided yet if the cake will be made in the microwave or the oven. I was wondering if anyone has done this?? If so, how did it work out for you? Any suggestions, pointers, tips, ideas, etc?? I really appreciate the feedback. Thanks! :)

I did this at cooking show in Feb. I set up a couple of work stations, one for the cake, one for the strawberries dipped in choclate and 1 group to slice the up the strawberries. It worked really well, and was a big
WOW. I sold several fluted pans and some egg slicers and microwave cookers form this demo. I also made extra copies of the recipe and highlighted the different parts in different colors, it made it easier for each group to keep on task. Good luck. I have not done a bridal shower or fundraiser yet and I am looking forward to doing them...........

I have done both at a show. The last show I did the host didn't have a microwave big enough so we made the cake a head of time in the oven so that it was coming out of the oven right after the show started. I did my talk while it was resting. Then we moved into the kitchen and finished the cake. This may be a good idea to do with a bridal shower (focus on the bride). Have her help you finish the cake.

wadesgirl said:
I have done both at a show. The last show I did the host didn't have a microwave big enough so we made the cake a head of time in the oven so that it was coming out of the oven right after the show started. I did my talk while it was resting. Then we moved into the kitchen and finished the cake. This may be a good idea to do with a bridal shower (focus on the bride). Have her help you finish the cake.

I am wondering what temp and how long did you cook the cake in the oven. My microwave is not big enough and I am so depressed about it

smile10308 said:
I am wondering what temp and how long did you cook the cake in the oven. My microwave is not big enough and I am so depressed about it
It says it in the SBRB. It's below the pictures next to the recipe. The only thing that I've noticed is that as soon as you take it out of the oven the center around the "post" will fall slightly but you don't even notice it when it's flipped out.

Bake the cake in the oven at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes.

Here's my idea:

I would like to have the host and guests prepare the recipe from beginning to end. So for starters, I will introduce myself and thank the host with a gift. Then I would like to mix up the cake and get it in the oven. While the cake is baking and the guests are smelling how good it smells, I can ask each guest to introduce themselves and tell how they know the host along with sharing what their favorite pampered chef product(s) are. This should lead into conversations about the stoneware, SA, cookware and cutlery. I will have samples of things to demonstate certain products along the way. For examples: nuts to demo the food chopper, a potato to demonstrate the peeler or ultimate mandoline, and garlic cloves to demonstrate the garlic press. Things like that. I am hoping this takes up to when the cake is ready to come out of the oven. Then we can split into groups to finish up the finishing touches on the cake. Then I will serve the guests and ask them to get comfortable in the family room where I will go over a few last minute housekeeping tips. I will hand out and review the guest folders and explain my full service check out.

Hopefully this all runs smoothly. What does everyone think? And feedback would be great! Thanks a million!

I personally think it sounds like it will take along time. When I baked it, it had to go back in for around 50 minutes total. That is alot of time to fill.

Wadesgirl, I was actually thinking the same thing too, so I was hoping to get others opinions. Maybe I can put the cake in before the guests arrive and have it planned that it comes out around 7:00pm. (the show starts at 6:30) In that 30 minutes of time while we are waiting on the cake to finish baking, I can thank the host, have the guests introduce themselves and I can talk about some of the products and maybe do some short demos. Then once the cake comes out, we can finish the cake up in groups which will help speed things up. Then I will cut the cake, serve and wrap things up. Does that sound like it may work better?

Thank you so much! This site is just wonderful!

pampered2007 said:
Wadesgirl, I was actually thinking the same thing too, so I was hoping to get others opinions. Maybe I can put the cake in before the guests arrive and have it planned that it comes out around 7:00pm. (the show starts at 6:30) In that 30 minutes of time while we are waiting on the cake to finish baking, I can thank the host, have the guests introduce themselves and I can talk about some of the products and maybe do some short demos. Then once the cake comes out, we can finish the cake up in groups which will help speed things up. Then I will cut the cake, serve and wrap things up. Does that sound like it may work better?

Thank you so much! This site is just wonderful!
That how my show went, it was still alot of work to do to finish the cake and it shows alot of great products. You can still have them play around with other products to try. The first time I did the cake at a show (in the microwave) we played around with a couple of potatoes in the mandoline, food chopper, knives, DCG, etc. They had fun just trying the products out. So you could still do this to show off more products (especially if the bride has them on her list).

Thanks everyone!

Well, my host ended up cancelling her cooking show and decided to make it a catalog show instead. Not a problem:eek:r at least I didn't think so. The last I talked to her she told me that she had a few orders but would not tell me a for sure count and that she was still working on gathering more. She was going to call me on that Monday to close her show. That was about 2 weeks ago. I have called her twice since then and left messages both times on her home phone and cell phone. I still have yet to hear from her. So, do I attempt to contact her one more time or just wait to see if she returns my call? She said that she had some orders, so I just don't understand. So aggravating!

And so goes the problem with most catty shows. I would continue to call about once a week. Also, let her know that in order to get the current month's specials (I'm guessing April) that the show will have to be submitted by the end of the following month (May for her).

1. Can I use a different type of cake mix for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of cake mix for this recipe. However, we recommend using a chocolate cake mix for the best results.

2. Do I need any special equipment to make this cake?

No, you do not need any special equipment. A regular cake pan and mixing bowls will work just fine for this recipe.

3. Can I substitute the strawberries with a different type of fruit?

Absolutely! This recipe is versatile and you can use any type of fruit you like. Try it with raspberries or blueberries for a delicious twist.

4. How long does it take to make this cake?

The prep time for this cake is about 15 minutes and the baking time is 25-30 minutes. So in total, it should take around 45 minutes to make.

5. Can I make this cake ahead of time?

Yes, you can make this cake ahead of time. However, we recommend adding the strawberries right before serving to keep them fresh.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jenbaez
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • bakinwithbacon
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ericadboone
  • emmabelle47