• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have you tried making Baked Alaska with a white cake instead of devil's food?

In summary, popular variations of Baked Alaska include using different flavors of ice cream, using different types of cake or crust, and adding additional layers of fruit or chocolate. It is possible to make a Baked Alaska without using an oven by using a blowtorch or broiling it, but using a traditional oven will yield the best results. A Baked Alaska can be made a few days in advance and stored in the freezer, but it is best to add the meringue topping right before serving for the best texture and presentation. Store-bought ingredients can be used to make a Baked Alaska, but homemade ingredients will give the best flavor and texture. To prevent the Baked Alaska from melting too quickly, freeze it for at least
pamperedbecky
I have a wedding shower in a couple weeks and want to make a bride cake. I've done it before using the Baked Alaska Cake, which I want to do again, but the host wanted it to be a white cake instead of the devil's food cake on the inside. Has anyone made this cake with something other than the devil's food cake? I would think a white cake works just as well. The recipe has filling variations you can use such as Strawberry Splash or Magnificent Mint. I think I'll do the strawberry variation because the pink and white will look pretty. Has anyone done the Strawberry Splash? I am assuming adding the Kool Aid to the cream cheese mixture will turn it pink.

Any feedback would be appreciated! Thanks for your help.:D

White cake works fine!I did this cake for my daughter's first birthday. I used white cake instead of chocolate and did the strawberry splash version.

Yes, it turns the frosting pink, which looks GREAT against the white.

The only thing I did different was bake the cake in the Prep Bowls to create mini-Baked Alaskas for all the guests. Still sliced the cake as instructed and used all the filling. Cheaper than cupcakes and better IMO

I made this around Christmas last year....I used white cake mix & for the filling, I used white chocolate chips & food coloring. I think once I made it red, then the next time green. You could even use the food coloring right before the cake goes into the oven & with the cake tester swirl the coloring around. It looks nice after the cake is done:D

1. What are some popular variations of Baked Alaska?

Some popular variations of Baked Alaska include using different flavors of ice cream, using different types of cake or crust, and adding additional layers of fruit or chocolate.

2. Can I make a Baked Alaska without using an oven?

Yes, you can make a Baked Alaska using a blowtorch or by broiling it in the oven for a short amount of time. However, using a traditional oven will yield the best results.

3. How far in advance can I make a Baked Alaska?

A Baked Alaska can be made a few days in advance and stored in the freezer until ready to serve. However, it is best to add the meringue topping right before serving for the best texture and presentation.

4. Can I use store-bought ingredients to make a Baked Alaska?

Yes, you can use store-bought ingredients such as pre-made ice cream and cake to make a Baked Alaska. However, using homemade ingredients will give you the best flavor and texture.

5. How do I prevent my Baked Alaska from melting too quickly?

To prevent your Baked Alaska from melting too quickly, make sure to freeze it for at least 4 hours before serving. You can also place it in the freezer for a few minutes before serving to help it hold its shape.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lovenpc
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
dkgriff
  • jenpartain
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • PampMomof3