• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Struggling with an Ugly Chocolate Velvet Cake? Here's a Solution!

Yes, this is the modified version. The cake itself was fine, just some of it stuck to the pan, even though I oiled with the spritzer and spread it with the brush. It just looked cramped and unveven.I went to Dollar Tree and found two plastic platters that are the same size that I am giving to my June hosts. I plan to say something like, "Now, Pampered Chef does offer a really nice looking platter ... I don't have one, but this is the size it is."
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
Today I made the chocolate velvet cake. A big chunk of it stayed in the stone when I lifted it off!

In addition, I don't have the SA platter so I just used a plate ... there wasn't really room for the strawberries. I made the mistake of putting the strawberries in the center BEFORE I poured the chocolate on it.

All in all, it looked uneven and ugly ... and I am planning on this for my June shows.

Any ideas on how to make this work?

Use lots of oil...lol.

This happened to me at one show that I did and so I went with it. I joked about using the strawberry jam to paste it all back together. The guests just laughed and ate it all up. I also joked that at that point it is good to have the trifle bowl so you can just cut it up and dump it in like you meant to do that.

Mistakes will be made. It's how you handle it when they do happen. Good luck on the next one.

Oh and btw~ The next few I did after that came out perfect.

You all know they changed the recipe, right? They have us using 1/2 c. chocolate morsels instead of a full cup.

Yes, this is the modified version. The cake itself was fine, just some of it stuck to the pan, even though I oiled with the spritzer and spread it with the brush.

It just looked cramped and unveven.

I went to Dollar Tree and found two plastic platters that are the same size that I am giving to my June hosts. I plan to say something like, "Now, Pampered Chef does offer a really nice looking platter ... I don't have one, but this is the size it is."

Di_Can_Cook said:
Yes, this is the modified version. The cake itself was fine, just some of it stuck to the pan, even though I oiled with the spritzer and spread it with the brush.

It just looked cramped and unveven.

I went to Dollar Tree and found two plastic platters that are the same size that I am giving to my June hosts. I plan to say something like, "Now, Pampered Chef does offer a really nice looking platter ... I don't have one, but this is the size it is."
I wouldn't do this. It points out that they too can go to the dollar store and buy a platter. I would modify it with something like: "If you are taking your cake to a bake sale or somewhere that you won't get your plate back you can always pick up something like this but, if it's for company or even for the family, check out the platter choices we carry. They are a beautiful addition to your table and celebrations and will last for years and save you money in no time!"

1. What is an Ugly Chocolate Velvet Cake?

An Ugly Chocolate Velvet Cake is a rich and decadent chocolate cake that is intentionally left unadorned and "ugly" in appearance, but still delicious in taste.

2. What makes the Ugly Chocolate Velvet Cake different from other chocolate cakes?

The Ugly Chocolate Velvet Cake uses a unique combination of ingredients, including sour cream and coffee, to create a moist and velvety texture that sets it apart from other chocolate cakes.

3. Can I customize the Ugly Chocolate Velvet Cake with different flavors?

Absolutely! While the traditional Ugly Chocolate Velvet Cake is made with chocolate, you can experiment with different flavors by adding in ingredients like peanut butter, caramel, or even fruit purees to create your own unique version.

4. Is the Ugly Chocolate Velvet Cake difficult to make?

No, the Ugly Chocolate Velvet Cake is actually quite easy to make! It only requires basic baking skills and the instructions provided with our Pampered Chef cake mix. Plus, the "ugly" appearance of the cake means you don't have to worry about perfectly decorating it.

5. How should I store the Ugly Chocolate Velvet Cake?

The Ugly Chocolate Velvet Cake should be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. It can also be frozen for up to 3 months and thawed before serving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jenbaez
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
kspry
Replies
Views
Staci