• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Seedless Strawberry Jam for Your Chocolate Velvet Cake Recipe

In summary, Ann E. posted the other day that this cake is to die for. Obviously, it's not a cake to diet for. My kids just skip the J in PB & J. LOL! Diane - you are such a team player - I admire your sacrifice!<giggle> Guess it's rice cakes and water for the rest of the day for you, huh, Diane?
dianevill
Gold Member
I'm going to attempt the new chocolate velvet cake today, and I picked up some strawberry jam; however, I just noticed it's not seedless, as the recipe calls for. Does anyone know if I can "strain" the seeds out? They're pretty small so I don't think a regular strainer would work.

It's so cold here that I don't want to back out if I don't have to!:rolleyes:

Thanks for your help!

I'd just use it with the seeds. Strawberry seeds aren't as annoying as raspberry seeds. :)

OK, I've seen this recipe mentioned several times....is it on CC under recipes? Darn new year's resoltion to eat better---I need to make this recipe, lol!

chefann said:
I'd just use it with the seeds. Strawberry seeds aren't as annoying as raspberry seeds. :)

Unless you are a 3 yr old who dissolves into tears if there are seeds in your PB&J! :grumpy: (just went through this yesterday!)

It's under the Chocolate Bliss themes on CC.

I'm taking one for the team - I'm making it right now, seeds and all. I'll let you know how it turns out.

For 1/16 of the cake (stoneware fluted pan), there are 360 calories, 0 g fiber, 14 g fat. For you Weight Watchers followers, that's a whopping 8 POINTS! But I'm doing it for the team! Yes, that's it!

ChefBeckyD said:
Unless you are a 3 yr old who dissolves into tears if there are seeds in your PB&J! :grumpy: (just went through this yesterday!)

My kids just skip the J in PB & J. LOL!

Diane - you are such a team player - I admire your sacrifice!

<giggle>
Guess it's rice cakes and water for the rest of the day for you, huh, Diane?

Ann E. posted the other day that this cake is to die for. Obviously, it's not a cake to diet for.

dianevill said:
My kids just skip the J in PB & J. LOL!

Mine just wanted the "J" this morning but of course that was after i had already made the darn thing with PB and J. :grumpy:

Thanks - it's really tough, but SOMEONE has to do it.

I just pulled it out of the microwave. It smells yummy!

I'll keep you posted!

chefann said:
<giggle>
Guess it's rice cakes and water for the rest of the day for you, huh, Diane?

Ann E. posted the other day that this cake is to die for. Obviously, it's not a cake to diet for.

LOL - yeah, definitely not on any diet I've ever seen. I may even have to skip the rice cakes...

I wonder if you could use the "no sugar added" jam and get the same results. It would (maybe) slightly reduce the calories per serving. Other than that, it doesn't look like there's a lot that could be changed to make it less of a diet-buster.

chefann said:
I wonder if you could use the "no sugar added" jam and get the same results. It would (maybe) slightly reduce the calories per serving. Other than that, it doesn't look like there's a lot that could be changed to make it less of a diet-buster.

Well, sometimes you just have to live:D .

The cake's done. I'm waiting a few minutes and then I'll taste test just a really teeny-weeny little piece (yeah, right). The cake was really easy!

:chef: One thing I'd suggest - I melted the strawberry jam for the top of the cake - it's very chunky. I happen to have some strawberry "spread" (it lists the same ingredients as the jam). It doesn't have chunks in it. So I melted that and brushed it on top. Next time (as in later today) I'm going to try the spread in the cake, too, instead of the jam, because I'm not really looking forward to chunks in my cake.

Be back in a few with my review!

I want to try this recipe! It looks so yummy, I will defidently be offering next season.

OK, the verdict is in. It's a huge :thumbup: . I am definitely going to do the strawberry spread next time - as I thought, I don't like the chunks of strawberries (but they're few and far between).

The batter would be excellent for cupcakes, too.

Definitely try this - it was so simple and looks so pretty!

ETA - don't worry about the seeds. You can't tell. Thanks, Ann!

Last edited:
You are making my mouth drool! I love chocolate and strawberries. I just told DH last night I wished we entertained more so I could practice these recipes for other people than just us! Don't want to gain too much weight.

wadesgirl said:
You are making my mouth drool! I love chocolate and strawberries. I just told DH last night I wished we entertained more so I could practice these recipes for other people than just us! Don't want to gain too much weight.
My old neighbors loved me. I started PC in the summertime when everyone was outside til 9 p.m. I would practice a recipe and then walk outside with a platter full of treats to share. They would be gone in no time!I am also involved at my church and make a PC recipe to bring to every meeting whether I'm asked to or not. I just can't have this food in my house! Plus, it helps me advertise my business. :)

My neighbors love having a PC consultant in the neighborhood, too. In fact, I was making this cake for my neighor's Lia Sophia show tonight (she doesn't cook - AT ALL - but she did have a $1600 party for me in September!:D ). I thought I'd try it first with the "seeded" jam and then just had to have a piece before everyone else did!

So I'm going to make another cake for tonight, and I'll give half of this one to my other neighbor who just had a baby. The other half will just have to be sacrificed...

To my tummy:D /

My coworkers love me (mostly guys) when I bring stuff into work but now that I have to be here at 6:30, getting up early to make something is out of the question. I thought about doing a recipe at work while my boss is gone in two weeks. Alot of them lately are microwave recipes which helps with this situation.

LOL Diane, you crack me up!
Maybe I could make this, have a sample, & take for the teachers at my dd's school...

After eating 1 piece (which, let me tell you, was NOT 1/16 of the cake, and now drinking ONLY water for the rest of the day and spending some time with Billie Blanks), it really was more than enough. I love sweets, but after the one piece, although it was very good, I do not want any more. I'm done. I have to make another one for tonight's party, but I think I can actually pass on it. Maybe another piece tomorrow???

Hmmmmmm, what to try next?

Last edited:

1. What are the ingredients in the seedless strawberry jam?

The seedless strawberry jam from Pampered Chef is made with only three simple ingredients: organic strawberries, cane sugar, and lemon juice. We use high-quality, all-natural ingredients to ensure the best taste and texture.

2. Is the seedless strawberry jam gluten-free?

Yes, our seedless strawberry jam is gluten-free. We understand the importance of catering to various dietary restrictions, which is why our jam is made with gluten-free ingredients and is safe for those with celiac disease or gluten intolerance.

3. How is the seedless strawberry jam different from regular strawberry jam?

The main difference between seedless strawberry jam and regular strawberry jam is the texture. Our seedless jam has a smooth and spreadable consistency, making it perfect for use in sandwiches, desserts, and other dishes. Traditional strawberry jam has chunks of strawberry and seeds, which some people may not prefer.

4. How should I store the seedless strawberry jam?

Our seedless strawberry jam does not require refrigeration and can be stored in a cool, dry place. However, once opened, it should be stored in the refrigerator and consumed within one month for the best taste. Make sure to always use a clean utensil when scooping out the jam to avoid contamination.

5. Can I use the seedless strawberry jam for canning?

Yes, our seedless strawberry jam is suitable for canning. It is important to follow proper canning procedures and use sterilized jars and lids to ensure the jam stays fresh and safe to consume. You can also use our jam for other recipes such as glazes, sauces, and marinades.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
Replies
Views
kspry
  • chefheidi2003
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies