• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Problem With Micro Cake in the Dcb

In summary, the micro cake and frosting in the DCB boiled over the microwave. The recipe used may have been a contributing factor.
gailz2
Gold Member
I tried the micro cake and frosting in the DCB today and the frosting, I guess, boiled all over the microwave -- and I did have the top on. Do you think it was because my microwave is so strong or cooked too long? I put it in for 10 minutes and there was chocolate frosting (at first I thought it was uncooked cake mix but that wouldn't make sense) all over the sides and bottom of my microwave, and the DCB was a mess. Suggestions????:confused:

And, how much of the canned frosting do you put into the DCB??

I haven't tried this in the DCB, but I have found out with the fluted stone that if you use a hand mixer instead of the whisk when mixing the cake up, it puts too much air into the batter and it will go over the edges of the fluted stone. I don't know if that could possibly be the issue.......or maybe because you had the top on it.

I make this regularly I use about 3/4 can of frosting and bake it for 9 minutes. Turns out great every time. The butter recipe cake does not work. It is so yummy with icecream. Hope this helps. I do hand mix mine.

How did you mix it? Just hand mix it, don't use a mixer (adds air).

I used about 1/2-3/4 of the frosting when I made it.

I mix my DCB cakes right in the DCB using the s/s whisk. No additional bowls to clean up! I use the full can of frosting. The last few times I mw'd it uncovered. But the first time I mw'd it covered and it was sooooo moist. That time I even inverted the cake on a serving platter and poured all the 'frosting' from the bottom of the DCB on top. It was really good! Especially the next day. But be careful inverting the DCB as it's so heavy.

Does it need covered? I mean, we do it in the fluted pan and there is no lid for that. Could it have gotten too hot because of the steam with the lid on?

I keep the top on when I do mine.

Kelly V.

What recipe do you use when you put frosting in? I've only ever done it with the sour cream and eggs or pie filling. Thanks

I did use an electric mixer when I made it, which may be the problem -- I had that problem with the Rice Cooker Plus. I'll have to try it again with just using a whisk. And I'll try 9 minutes vs. 10. My microwave is pretty strong, so maybe I'll try 8 minutes first.

1. What is the most common issue people face when making a micro cake in the DCB?

The most common issue people face when making a micro cake in the DCB is that the cake does not rise enough or turns out denser than expected.

2. How can I ensure my micro cake rises properly in the DCB?

To ensure your micro cake rises properly in the DCB, make sure you are following the correct recipe and using fresh ingredients. Additionally, do not overmix the batter and make sure your DCB is properly preheated in the microwave.

3. Why does my micro cake sometimes stick to the DCB?

If your micro cake is sticking to the DCB, it is likely due to not greasing the dish enough or not using a non-stick cooking spray. Make sure to fully coat the DCB with a cooking spray before adding the batter.

4. Can I use a different type of flour in the micro cake recipe for the DCB?

We recommend using the flour specified in the recipe to achieve the best results. However, if you need to use a different type of flour, make sure to adjust the amount accordingly as different flours may absorb liquids differently.

5. How do I clean the DCB after making a micro cake?

The DCB is dishwasher safe, so you can simply place it in the dishwasher for easy cleaning. If washing by hand, make sure to use warm soapy water and a non-abrasive sponge. Do not use steel wool or harsh chemicals on the DCB.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kristina16marie
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
jla8279
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • reneenshelcook4u
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies