1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Problem with micro cake in the DCB

1. gailz2

gailz2 Senior Member Gold Member

I tried the micro cake and frosting in the DCB today and the frosting, I guess, boiled all over the microwave -- and I did have the top on. Do you think it was because my microwave is so strong or cooked too long? I put it in for 10 minutes and there was chocolate frosting (at first I thought it was uncooked cake mix but that wouldn't make sense) all over the sides and bottom of my microwave, and the DCB was a mess. Suggestions????:confused:

And, how much of the canned frosting do you put into the DCB??

Jun 10, 2009
  2. c00p

c00p Veteran Member Gold Member

I haven't tried this in the DCB, but I have found out with the fluted stone that if you use a hand mixer instead of the whisk when mixing the cake up, it puts too much air into the batter and it will go over the edges of the fluted stone. I don't know if that could possibly be the issue.......or maybe because you had the top on it.

Jun 10, 2009
  3. ttchic

ttchic Novice Member

I make this regularly I use about 3/4 can of frosting and bake it for 9 minutes. Turns out great every time. The butter recipe cake does not work. It is so yummy with icecream. Hope this helps. I do hand mix mine.

Jun 10, 2009
  4. MLinAZ

MLinAZ Member Gold Member

How did you mix it? Just hand mix it, don't use a mixer (adds air).

I used about 1/2-3/4 of the frosting when I made it.

Jun 10, 2009
  5. BeckyC5830

BeckyC5830 Member

I mix my DCB cakes right in the DCB using the s/s whisk. No additional bowls to clean up! I use the full can of frosting. The last few times I mw'd it uncovered. But the first time I mw'd it covered and it was sooooo moist. That time I even inverted the cake on a serving platter and poured all the 'frosting' from the bottom of the DCB on top. It was really good! Especially the next day. But be careful inverting the DCB as it's so heavy.

Jun 11, 2009
  6. chefcharity

chefcharity Advanced Member

Does it need covered? I mean, we do it in the fluted pan and there is no lid for that. Could it have gotten too hot because of the steam with the lid on?

Jun 11, 2009
  7. KellyRedHead

KellyRedHead Advanced Member

I keep the top on when I do mine.

Kelly V.

Jun 11, 2009
  8. jen5512

jen5512 Guest

What recipe do you use when you put frosting in? I've only ever done it with the sour cream and eggs or pie filling. Thanks

Jun 12, 2009
  9. gailz2

gailz2 Senior Member Gold Member

I did use an electric mixer when I made it, which may be the problem -- I had that problem with the Rice Cooker Plus. I'll have to try it again with just using a whisk. And I'll try 9 minutes vs. 10. My microwave is pretty strong, so maybe I'll try 8 minutes first.

Jun 12, 2009
Have something to add?