• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tips for Mini Chocolate Pecan Cakes

In summary, to prevent the mini chocolate pecan cakes from sticking to the pan, generously grease the pan with butter or cooking spray before pouring in the batter. You can also use parchment paper or cupcake liners for easy removal. Additionally, you can substitute the pecans for any other type of nut and check if the cakes are done by inserting a toothpick into the center or gently pressing the top of the cake. These mini cakes can also be made ahead of time and stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator, or frozen for up to 3 months and thawed in the refrigerator before serving.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
I'm making these for my show on Saturday. Long story short, the host's 14 year old daughter loves to help when I do shows for this group. She didn't like any of the recipes I had to offer and picked this one out of the SB. Normally I would practice any recipe before a show but I know this group (they do at least 1 show a month for me) so I'm not worried about trying a recipe with them for the first time. Any quick tips or tricks on these? I've made the mini lemon cakes before so I know how to do the cakes in the prep bowls.

One quick tip would be to make sure the mini lemon cakes are completely cooled before you assemble them in the prep bowls. This will help to ensure that the cakes don't stick to the bottom of the bowl and also allow for more even layers when you assemble the dessert. Also, if you are making the whipped cream topping, make sure to use cold ingredients and chill the bowl and whisk attachment before you begin whipping. This will help the cream to whip up faster and stiffer. Finally, if you want to add a little extra flavor to the whipped cream, try adding a teaspoon of vanilla extract or a few drops of lemon essential oil.

Wow, that's really sweet that the host's daughter loves to help with the shows! It's great that she picked out a recipe she likes, but I can understand your hesitation about trying it for the first time during a show. My only tip would be to maybe have some extra ingredients on hand in case something doesn't turn out as planned. Good luck with the show on Saturday!

1. How do I prevent the mini chocolate pecan cakes from sticking to the pan?

To prevent the cakes from sticking to the pan, be sure to generously grease the pan with butter or cooking spray before pouring in the batter. You can also use parchment paper or cupcake liners for easy removal.

2. Can I substitute the pecans for a different type of nut?

Yes, you can substitute the pecans for any other type of nut such as walnuts, almonds, or hazelnuts. Just make sure to chop them to a similar size as the pecans for even baking.

3. How do I know when the mini chocolate pecan cakes are done baking?

You can check if the cakes are done by inserting a toothpick into the center. If it comes out clean, the cakes are ready. Alternatively, you can gently press the top of the cake - it should spring back when done.

4. Can I make these mini cakes ahead of time?

Yes, you can make these mini chocolate pecan cakes ahead of time. Simply store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Before serving, let them come to room temperature or warm them up in the microwave for a few seconds.

5. Can I freeze these mini cakes?

Yes, these mini cakes can be frozen for up to 3 months. Wrap them individually in plastic wrap and then place them in a freezer-safe container. Thaw them in the refrigerator before serving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
DebPC
Replies
Views
krisPC
  • reneenshelcook4u
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76