• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mocha Skillet Cake Demo: Tips & Ideas for Feb. 12 Chocolate Bliss Show

In summary, the chocolate bliss show is on Feb. 12 and the host was looking for a dessert to serve and asked for the Mocha skillet cake. The cake sounds divine, but the Yum factor just wasn't there for the reviewer. The reviewer would do the Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake. It's much simpler and people love it.
ChefJoyJ
I'm doing a chocolate bliss show on Feb. 12 (complete with chocolate martinis :love:) and my host was looking in her season's best and asked for the mocha skillet cake. It sounds divine, but I've never made it and was wondering if anyone had done it at a show. How'd it go? Any tips for the demo? I like that it uses some higher end products...and doesn't sound too difficult at all, plus as I said, it sounds yummy!

Tips, advice, ideas...? I want to wow this group to help me break into a totally different group of potential hosts and customers. :)

I thought I would LOVE this cake...and I didn't. Not sure why - but the Yum factor just wasn't there for me.
I would do the Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake. It's much simpler, and people LOVE IT!

Does it show as many tools? Sounds quite tasty too, but I also want to show off some of our tools...

ChefBeckyD said:
I thought I would LOVE this cake...and I didn't. Not sure why - but the Yum factor just wasn't there for me.
I would do the Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake. It's much simpler, and people LOVE IT!
I agree. I've made the Mocha Skillet Cake before, but hands down I love the Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake! I make it at a ton of shows. It is very easy and ALWAYS goes over very well. The Mocha one calls for coffee liquer (sp? - why does that not look right?) and I went out and bought a whole dang bottle. You can also use regular brewed coffee or something, but I wanted it to have the full flavor. NOT worth it. Maybe try to steer your host toward the Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake! Good luck!:)

Here are the tools I use: (not necessarily in this order!)12" skillet
SS bowl
Mix n Masher
small batter bowl
small mix n scraper
chopper
small bar pan (I toast the pecans)
Easy Read Measuring Cups (to measure ingredients)
silicone oven pads
cooling rack
SA round platter
slice n serve
small spreader
ice cream scoopthere may be more, but that's all my tired brain is thinking of right now!ETA - oh yes - and the caramel sprinkles too......and it you want, you could use the microplane and grate some chocolate over the cake.....I don't.

hmmm...that may be an option. It does sound divine and even more chocolatey than the mocha skillet cake... It would even go well with the chocolate martinis. :love:

I'm super excited about this show and I think she'll go for this dessert too! yum! :D

I've made the Mocha skillet cake several times and it was a big hit. I just used strong brewed coffee in place of the liquor. I have made both of them and I liked the Mocha better. Either one is good. I usually practice on something I have never done before. The few times I didn't it came back to bite me.....like the time I opened the host's instant chocolate pudding and it was so hard it was a brick and there was a spider web in it.:yuck: Gross. :grumpy: So we used vanilla instead :chef:

What are the ingredients needed for the Mocha Skillet Cake?

The ingredients for the Mocha Skillet Cake are all-purpose flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, baking powder, salt, butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, strong brewed coffee, and semi-sweet chocolate chips.

Can I use a different type of flour for this recipe?

Yes, you can use whole wheat flour or gluten-free flour as a substitute for all-purpose flour. Just keep in mind that the texture and taste of the cake may be slightly different.

Do I need a specific type of skillet for this recipe?

No, you can use any oven-safe skillet that is at least 10 inches in diameter. Cast iron and ceramic skillets work well for this recipe.

How long does the cake need to cool before serving?

The cake should cool for about 10 minutes in the skillet before serving. You can also let it cool completely and then reheat it in the skillet before serving.

Can I add any additional toppings or decorations to the cake?

Yes, you can add whipped cream, chocolate shavings, or fresh berries on top of the cake for extra flavor and presentation. You can also dust the top with powdered sugar for a simple decoration.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jenniferlynne
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Shawnna
  • ChefJoyJ
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
bknowles67
  • missyciccolella