• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Turtle Skillet Cake Ideas & More: Executive Skillet Recipes

In summary, a turtle skillet cake is a rich and indulgent dessert consisting of layers of chocolate cake, caramel sauce, and pecans, all cooked together in a skillet. It can be made in a regular cake pan, but using a skillet adds a unique touch and helps with even cooking. Popular additions to the cake include chocolate chips, walnuts, and sea salt, and it can be made ahead of time and stored for up to 3 days. For those with dietary restrictions, there are various variations available, such as using gluten-free or vegan ingredients, dairy-free caramel sauce, and sugar-free or low-carb options.
jenniferlynne
Ok, I just got the 12" Executive Skillet and can't wait to start making cakes at my shows. I've been searching the threads for ideas on cakes and one has really sparked my interest. Its's the Turtle Skillet cake. Anyone know which cookbook it is in?

Anyone have any other great ones to share? I've got the recipe for the Molten Chocolate, Angel Almond, Chocolate Praline, Apple Upside-Down, Deep Chocolate Upside-Down, Pineapple Upside-Down, and Chocolate Cherry.

I know its either in the ALL the Best or the Celebrations cookbook.

I found some more for you! :)

Attachments

• Harvest Apple Skillet Cake.doc
    25.5 KB · Views: 428
  • Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake.doc
    25 KB · Views: 332
  • SKILLET STICKY BUNS.doc
    20.5 KB · Views: 409
It's in All The Best and I make it ALL the time!!! I found this on my puter!!! Here you are!!

Attachments

• chocolate chunk skillet cookie.doc
    20 KB · Views: 418
  • Chocolate Cherry Skillet Cake.doc
    32.5 KB · Views: 343
  • Help Whip Cancer in the Pink Recipes.doc
    157.5 KB · Views: 470
  • Fabulous Family Skillet Cakes.doc
    25 KB · Views: 548
Wow, you guys are the best!! Thanks for all the quick replies!!!

The Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake is WONDERFUL!!!!! I make it for all of my special occasions. My kids want it for their birthday cakes, my church ladies group want it for meetings...you name it, it is a good thing to take to it.

1. What is a turtle skillet cake?

A turtle skillet cake is a decadent dessert made with layers of chocolate cake, caramel sauce, and pecans, all cooked together in a skillet. It is a delicious twist on the classic turtle candy.

2. Can the turtle skillet cake be made in a regular cake pan?

Yes, the turtle skillet cake can be made in a regular cake pan. However, using a skillet allows for a unique presentation and also helps to cook the cake more evenly.

3. What other ingredients can be added to the turtle skillet cake?

Some popular additions to the turtle skillet cake include chocolate chips, chopped walnuts, and a sprinkle of sea salt. You can also experiment with different types of cake mixes and toppings to create your own unique version.

4. Can the turtle skillet cake be made ahead of time?

Yes, the turtle skillet cake can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. When ready to serve, simply reheat in the skillet or in the microwave for a warm and gooey dessert.

5. Are there any variations for those with dietary restrictions?

Yes, there are several variations for those with dietary restrictions. You can use a gluten-free or vegan cake mix, and substitute dairy-free caramel sauce or omit the pecans for a nut-free option. You can also use sugar-free or low-carb ingredients for a healthier version of the turtle skillet cake.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
CHEFINGREEN
Replies
Views
ChefJoyJ
  • pjpamchef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
SUZIEQCONSULTANT