• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is the Exec or SS skillet better for making a Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake?

In summary, the Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake came out great in the Executive 12" Skillet, but be careful not to touch the end of the long handle.
SusanBP0129
Do you recommend doing the Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake in the Executive 12" Skillet or the Stainless to showcase the SS line.....
Thoughts?

HO mentioned in some materials that skillet cakes that are not specifically designed for the SS will not come out well in it. So I'd use the Exec.

Thanks Ann! I saw them do it in the Stainless, but I don't want to risk a disaster!
Exec it is!
:D

Are you sure it wasn't the new Mocha Skillet Cake? That one is designed for the SS.

Nope! But I still didn't want to take the risk!!
I made it in the Exec and of course, it came out great!
I will have to try it in the SS at home first! :D

Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake
Ingredients:
1 tablespoon solid vegetable shortening, butter or margarine
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 package (18.25 ounces) devil's food cake mix (plus ingredients to make cake)
4 squares (1 ounce each) semi-sweet chocolate for baking, coarsely chopped
1 jar (12 ounces) caramel ice cream topping, divided
1/2 cup pecan halves
Vanilla ice cream (optional)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour bottom and sides of Stainless (12-in.) Skillet with shortening and flour, tapping out excess flour (see Cook's Tip).

2. Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Gently pour batter over bottom of Skillet, spreading evenly. Bake, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Using Oven Mitts, carefully remove Skillet to Stackable Cooling Rack; cool cake according to package directions. Loosen edges of cake; carefully invert cake onto Simple Additions® Large Round Platter.

3. Place chocolate and half of the ice cream topping in Small Micro-Cooker®. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 30-60 seconds or until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Carefully spread caramel mixture over cake using Large Spreader.

4. Coarsely chop pecans using Food Chopper; sprinkle evenly over cake. Drizzle with remaining ice cream topping, if desired. Let stand until topping is set. Cut into wedges. Serve with ice cream, if desired.

Cool. It must be OK, if it says to use the SS - and it does include greasing and flouring. I do know that "sticky" cakes like pineapple upside down will stick.

I guess if you butter and flour the skillet it should be ok - kind of like a big cake pan. I would still try it at home first...

Also, good to know about the pineapple upside down cake - I love that one, but will stick to exec.

What if I only have the 10 in skillet?I haven't redeemed my points for the 12in skillet yet. I only have the 10 in that comes in the set. Is there a skillet cake I can do in this one? How much do they rise?

HOT skillet
SusanBP0129 said:
Nope! But I still didn't want to take the risk!!
I made it in the Exec and of course, it came out great!
I will have to try it in the SS at home first! :D

Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake
Ingredients:
1 tablespoon solid vegetable shortening, butter or margarine
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 package (18.25 ounces) devil's food cake mix (plus ingredients to make cake)
4 squares (1 ounce each) semi-sweet chocolate for baking, coarsely chopped
1 jar (12 ounces) caramel ice cream topping, divided
1/2 cup pecan halves
Vanilla ice cream (optional)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour bottom and sides of Stainless (12-in.) Skillet with shortening and flour, tapping out excess flour (see Cook's Tip).

2. Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Gently pour batter over bottom of Skillet, spreading evenly. Bake, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Using Oven Mitts, carefully remove Skillet to Stackable Cooling Rack; cool cake according to package directions. Loosen edges of cake; carefully invert cake onto Simple Additions® Large Round Platter.

3. Place chocolate and half of the ice cream topping in Small Micro-Cooker®. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 30-60 seconds or until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Carefully spread caramel mixture over cake using Large Spreader.

4. Coarsely chop pecans using Food Chopper; sprinkle evenly over cake. Drizzle with remaining ice cream topping, if desired. Let stand until topping is set. Cut into wedges. Serve with ice cream, if desired.

I made this the other night at a show in Exec....Turn out great. But let me tell you what that skillet is HOT when it comes out of the oven. I used the mitt and a pot holder but my arm touched the end of the long handle.
OOOOUUUUCCCCHHHH!!!!!!! Be carefull with whatever skillet you use b/c they are very very hot straight from the oven.

What is a Skillet Cake?

A Skillet Cake is a delicious dessert that is made in a skillet instead of a traditional cake pan. It is typically served warm and can be made with a variety of ingredients such as fruit, chocolate, and nuts.

What is the difference between Skillet Cake - SS and Skillet Cake - Exec?

The main difference between Skillet Cake - SS and Skillet Cake - Exec is the size and design of the skillet. Skillet Cake - SS is a smaller, 10-inch skillet with a basic design, while Skillet Cake - Exec is a larger, 12-inch skillet with a more decorative design.

Can I use any type of skillet to make a Skillet Cake?

While you can use any type of skillet to make a Skillet Cake, we recommend using our specialized Skillet Cake - SS or Skillet Cake - Exec for the best results. These skillets are specifically designed for making skillet cakes and have a non-stick surface to ensure easy removal of the cake.

What ingredients do I need to make a Skillet Cake?

The ingredients for a Skillet Cake can vary depending on the recipe, but some common ingredients include flour, sugar, eggs, butter, milk, and baking powder. You can also add in your choice of flavorings and toppings such as fruit, chocolate chips, or nuts.

How do I clean and care for my Skillet Cake - SS or Exec?

To clean your Skillet Cake - SS or Exec, simply wash it with warm soapy water and a soft sponge or cloth. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or steel wool, as they can damage the non-stick surface. To prolong the life of your skillet, avoid using metal utensils and always hand dry after washing.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KateInTheKitchen
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefloretta
  • rajenkiPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
KateInTheKitchen
Replies