• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake in 10" Skillet?

In summary, the conversation discusses the use of the 10" skillet for making a turtle fudge skillet cake and whether it can be used for demonstrations or if the 12" skillet is necessary. Some people in the conversation have successfully used the 10" skillet with slightly longer cooking times, while others have had issues with the cake sticking to the pan. It is recommended to not leave the cake sitting in the pan for too long before flipping it out to avoid it sticking. Overall, the cake is a popular and delicious dessert option for demonstrations.
rajenkiPC
I'm buying the executive cookware set this month, which of course will only come with the 10" skillet. Can I use the 10" in my demo's for the Turtle fudge skillet cake or is it really designed for the 12" skillet? I'm borrowing the 12" from a friend to do two demos that have already requested this specific recipe.

Thanks!

I have never made the turtle fudge, but have used it for other skillet cakes (pineapple upside down, chocolate cherry, etc.) as I don't have the 12" either and I've just left out a little batter and it's worked fine!

HTH!!

I agree that it can be used with less batter....but remember it won't serve as many or be nearly as impressive.

Glad you posted this though.....I'm sitting here trying to come up with a chocolate dessert for my family for tomorrow night. A 12" cake is WAY too big (since I'll eat the leftovers!) but a 10" would be nice for my little family of 4 :)

Some advice, do not leave it sitting in the pan too long before flipping it out. I was late starting a show one time and left the cake in there and did not think about it "sweating" and the cake stuck to the pan b/c of it!!! Talk about a WOW factor! HAHA!:D

Thanks everyone!

I have made it a ton of times in the 10" before I earned my 12" for free, you just have to cook the cake about 10 minutes longer. Yum-o Everyone loves this cake.:love:

Yay for Google and Chef Success. I found this because I have the 10in and want to demonstrate a cake at a show and I don't have a cake pan...and I'm going to be out of town, so with the cookware being the big thing this month, I want to show it off :D

I've done it in the 10" with all the batter – it just cooks slightly longer like noted above.Caution: despite my perfect practice at home, I had a big chunk stick to the pan when I flipped it at my show. It created a crater and I just said "that's to hold more of the yummy glaze!" Everybody laughed and it was, of course, delicious.

1. What ingredients do I need to make the Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake in a 10" Skillet?

To make this delicious dessert, you will need:
- 1 package of chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup of water
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup of caramel sauce

2. Can I use a different type of cake mix for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any flavor of cake mix that you prefer. Just follow the instructions on the package and adjust the other ingredients accordingly.

3. How do I prepare the 10" Skillet for this recipe?

To prepare the skillet, lightly spray it with non-stick cooking spray and then dust it with flour. This will prevent the cake from sticking to the skillet.

4. How long does it take to bake the Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake?

The cake will need to bake for approximately 30-35 minutes in a 350 degree Fahrenheit oven. You can also use the Pampered Chef 10" Skillet in the microwave for about 12-15 minutes on high power.

5. Can I add any extra toppings to the Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake?

Absolutely! You can add extra chocolate chips, chopped nuts, or even drizzle more caramel sauce on top for added flavor and texture.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KateInTheKitchen
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefloretta
Replies
Views
PCSarahjm
  • SusanBP0129
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies