• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Skillet Cake Recipes - Try Something New for Your Demo!

Ingredients: 2 cups sugar 3/4 cup all-purpose flour 1/2 teaspoon baking powder 1/4 teaspoon baking soda 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder 1/4 cup vegetable oil 2 eggs 1 cup buttermilk 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips Directions: 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour one 9x13 inch pan. 2. In a large bowl, combine the sugar, flour, baking powder, baking soda and cocoa. Add the oil and eggs and mix well. Pour the batter into the prepared pan
DeeDee616
Is there a file somewhere will all the skillet cake recipes? I'm looking to do one at a demo next weekend. Everyone's already seen the turtle one! And i want to try making it this weekend. Thanks!

Do a search for family skillet recipes under files and when you open the file (called exactly that) you'll find a ton of skillet cakes and other recipes. I'd attach it, but I'm not on my computer, so downloading it is not such a good option...

HTH! :)

I can strongly recommend the Chocolate Cherry Skillet Cake. It's one of our favorites.

1 box devil's food cake mix (approx. 18 oz.)
3 eggs, separated
1/4 cup water
1 can cherry pie filling (21 oz.)
1/2 tsp. almond extract
1 jar hot fudge sauce/topping
1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted (if desired)

Preheat oven to 350. Separate eggs over Classic Batter Bowl using Egg Separator; set yolks aside for another use. Lightly whisk egg whites. Add pie filling, water and almond extract; mix well. Add cake mix; mix until well blended using Classic Scraper. Lightly spray 12" Family Skillet with oil using Kitchen Spritzer. Pour batter over bottom of skillet and spread evenly.

Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until Cake Tester inserted in center comes out clean. Using Oven Mitts, carefully remove from oven to Stackable Cooling Rack; cool 10 minutes. Loosen edges of cake with Skinny Scraper. Carefully invert cake onto Round Platter or large, heat-safe serving plate. (I've even used a large round stone covered with Parchment Paper...)

Using Skinny Scraper, stir ice cream topping until smooth; carefully spread evenly over top of cake. Sprinkle almonds evenly around top edge of cake. Cut into wedges using Slice 'N Serve(R). Serve warm with frozen yogurt or whipped topping, if desired.

Yum! I'm definitely going to have to try that! :D

I love the combo of orange and cranberry...definitely trying this one too! :D

(my poor waist...:p)

The Pineapple upside down cake can look downright festive if you use the cherries ....

I do the German Chocolate Skillet Cake at my shows. Everyone loves it! So-o-o-o-o easy and yummy too!

Marshhen said:
I do the German Chocolate Skillet Cake at my shows. Everyone loves it! So-o-o-o-o easy and yummy too!

I'd love that recipe!

German Chocolate Skillet Cake

3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup milk
1 7 oz pkg flaked coconut
1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
3 T. Butter
1 pkg (18.25 oz) Duncan Hines
German Chocolate Cake Mix
plus ingredients to make cake

NOTE: I used other brands and it does NOT work out as well!

1. Preheat oven to 350. Combine brown sugar and milk in large bowl. Add coconut and
pecans; mix well. Melt butter in Executive (12") Skillet (DO NOT USE STAINLESS COOKWARE) over medium heat, tilting pan to coat bottom evenly. Drop Coconut mixture in spoonfuls over bottom of Skillet; pat into an even layer, forming a smooth surface.

2. Prepare cake mix according to package directions in Classic Batter Bowl. Gently pour batter evenly over coconut layer in skillet, spreading to edge. Bake 30 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven using oven mitts.

3. Loosen edges of cake from skillet. Carefully invert onto large, heat-proof serving plate. Use Classic Scraper to remove any topping that might be remaining in bottom of skillet; spread over top of cake. Cool completely.

YIELD: 16 servings
2011 The Pampered Chef

1. What type of skillet should I use for these recipes?

We recommend using a cast iron skillet for optimal results. However, any oven-safe skillet will work.

2. Can I use a cake mix for these skillet cake recipes?

Yes, you can use a cake mix as a base for these recipes. Just follow the instructions on the mix and add in any additional ingredients as needed.

3. Are these recipes suitable for those with dietary restrictions?

We have a variety of skillet cake recipes that cater to different dietary needs, such as gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegan options. Be sure to check the ingredients and make any necessary substitutions.

4. How do I prevent the skillet cake from sticking to the pan?

Make sure to generously grease the skillet with butter or oil before adding the batter. You can also line the skillet with parchment paper for easy removal.

5. Can I make these skillet cakes ahead of time?

Some of the recipes can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge or freezer. However, for best results, we recommend serving the skillet cakes fresh out of the oven.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• rajenkiPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
KateInTheKitchen
  • KateInTheKitchen
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefloretta
Replies