• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discover Delicious 8 Inch Skillet Cake Recipes for Small Families | TIA

In summary, the 8 inch skillet is a great size for a small family, but be careful not to burn yourself.
ChefJoyJ
I went to a show around 3 years ago and the consultant made a skillet cake in the 8 inch skillet using a jif cake mix (8 oz size). It was a pineapple upside down cake. Does anyone have this recipe or any other cake recipes for the 8 inch skillet?? It was the perfect size for my little family (DH and I, with a few bites for our DD).

TIA!! :)

That sounds awesome! I'd love to have it also! We are a family of 3 sometimes 4 so it would be perfect for a special after dinner snack!

BUT!!! everytime I have used the 8" skillet in the over, I have burned myself! LOL the last one was pretty bad, I actually cried! But it was cry or cuss up a storm, since kids were around I choose to cry!

My BF has forbidden me from baking with the skillet, but I'll show him, one day I won't burn myself LOL

I've been meaning to post this for a while! I have used the mix for the microwave "cake in a mug" cakes to make mini skillet cakes for my family.

I keep a ziplock bag with the cake mix (1 regular box) and pudding (1 regular box) handy, and depending on how much time I have/how hungry we are I do either the microwave cake (1/2 cup mix, 1 egg, 1 Tbs Oil, 1 Tbs Water) or this:

1 cup of mix
1 egg
2 Tbsp oil
4 Tbsp water

Mix together, put in lightly greased 8" skillet. Bake at 350F for about 15 mins. It is so quick and easy! It is a great dessert because it bakes while you are eating dinner. And it so nice to have just the right amount of cake for a small family without so much left over to eat.

And if you don't have any frosting handy, you can just microwave a little caramel ice-cream topping and chocolate chips for a topping like the turtle fudge skillet cake. Yum!

I will see if I can attach a picture with the recipe. Just be sure to use a hot pad to
remove the Executive skillet from the oven. I had a hostess ignore the two hot pads
I had set by her stove, and she did a nasty burn on her palm.

Attachments

• Mini Pineapple Upside Down Cake.doc
    238.5 KB · Views: 476
Oh, that sounds (and looks!) YUMMY!

Yum! I think that's it, except I know this one used crushed pineapple...but whatever. Your's looks super yummy!! :thumbup:

Thank you! :)

Annie -

Thank you! I'm adding that to my recipes too! :)

1. How many servings does the Discover Delicious 8 Inch Skillet Cake make?

The 8 inch skillet cake recipe is perfect for small families and makes 4-6 servings.

2. Can I use any type of cake mix for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of cake mix for this recipe. Simply follow the instructions on the cake mix package and adjust the measurements accordingly to fit an 8 inch skillet.

3. Can I substitute the eggs in this recipe?

Yes, you can substitute the eggs in this recipe with a flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flaxseed + 3 tablespoons water), applesauce, or mashed banana for a vegan option. However, the texture and taste may vary slightly.

4. How long does it take to bake the Discover Delicious 8 Inch Skillet Cake?

The baking time for the 8 inch skillet cake is approximately 25-30 minutes. However, it is important to check the cake with a toothpick or cake tester to ensure it is fully cooked.

5. Can I use a different size skillet for this recipe?

While we recommend using an 8 inch skillet for this recipe, you can also use a 9 inch skillet. Just keep in mind that the baking time may need to be adjusted slightly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
kcjodih
  • jenniferlynne
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Shawnna
  • pamperedlinda
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies