• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Half-Recipe Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake in an 8" Saute Pan

In summary, someone is making the clubhouse chicken squares in the 8" saute pan, and they are also thinking of doing cinnamon sugar bites, rice krispie treats, or rice krispie treats with cherry's.
ChefSteph06
Has anyone tried making a smaller version in the 8" saute pan? That is the only piece of cookware I have & I would really like to show it off. For my show tonight I am making the clubhouse chicken squares. I would like to have the dessert in the oven while I am doing my demo. I was thinking I would just do a half recipe of the turtle fudge skillet cake in the saute pan. She's expecting about 8 to 10, so I figured everyone would get a little sample after the chicken squares.

What about cinnamon sugar bites (using canned biscuits)

Or the rice krispie treat that everyone talks about (I would love the recipe if anyone has it)

jenniferknapp said:
Or the rice krispie treat that everyone talks about (I would love the recipe if anyone has it)
Jennifer -

I've not tried making them yet, but here's what someone gave me...

Rice Krispie Treats

1 tsp. butter
1-cup mini marshmallows
1-cup Rice Krispies
I talk to them about the features of our cookware while I wait for them to melt. Then I stir in one cup of the cereal. Most people know what a mess is left in the pan/bowl and the spoon they use. I walk around the room and show everyone how the whole bunch just slides around the pan, it's wonderful. The spoon shows how everything usually sticks to the pan but not with our 'try me' pan! (or any or our cookware) I use little Ziplock snack bags for the two ingredients and if the host has butter on hand for the other recipe, I'll use hers, if not then I take it along with me.

Thanks!! I def want to try this, for a demo, but also personally, since I am alone and hate to make a large batch of them!BTW - I will bring the ingredients in prep bowls instead of baggies!

I use a Jiffy cake mix which is equivalent to half of a regular cake mix. Melt 2 tablespoons butter, and 2 tabsp. of brown sugar in Saute Pan. Place four rings from a can of sliced pineapple into the melted and stirred mixture. Use the juice from the can for the liquid the cake mix calls for, with one egg. Pour over the pineapple slices and bake 15 to 20 minutes in a 350 degree oven. It proves that the pan is oven worthy, and looks so pretty on the serving plate. It could be cut into 8 pie shaped pieces. If you have some cherry's to put in the center of the rings, that adds to the presentation.

Grandmarita said:
I use a Jiffy cake mix which is equivalent to half of a regular cake mix. Melt 2 tablespoons butter, and 2 tabsp. of brown sugar in Saute Pan. Place four rings from a can of sliced pineapple into the melted and stirred mixture. Use the juice from the can for the liquid the cake mix calls for, with one egg. Pour over the pineapple slices and bake 15 to 20 minutes in a 350 degree oven. It proves that the pan is oven worthy, and looks so pretty on the serving plate. It could be cut into 8 pie shaped pieces. If you have some cherry's to put in the center of the rings, that adds to the presentation.

That is great to know!! I love this thread, thanks for starting it Steph!

I am doing chocolate fondue in mine tonight at a show. It is 1 bag of chocolate chips...let them melt and slowly pour in 1/2 can of evaporated milk. Mix thoroughly, pour into SA bowl and serve with pretzels or graham stix on the rectangle platter. Then wipe out pan with a paper towel to show how easy it cleans.
wish me luck tonight with it. I made it for mu kids a few minutes ago. They loved it.

Grandmarita said:

That sounds wonderful! Thanks for sharing. I will have to try it out to sell more cookware--that's the only piece I own of ours right now too!

jenniferknapp said:
Thanks!! I def want to try this, for a demo, but also personally, since I am alone and hate to make a large batch of them!

BTW - I will bring the ingredients in prep bowls instead of baggies!

Great idea JK--use the prep bowls so you can show and sell them!:)

Thanks so much for the ideas! I tried the cinna-bites (that's what i called them) & everyone LOVED them! I used sugar & our cinnamon plus in a prep bowl to dip the biscuit pieces. They slid right out of the pan! I got one booking just so she can get the cookware!

Sounds sooo goood
Grandmarita said:

I have this pan too, and this sounds very yummy and easy enogh as well, should get a lot of sautee pan orders too.

thanks;

liz

Not only do these recipes sound great! They are the perfect size for our just married couples, when a large dessert is too much.

Pamperedchef8592 said:
Not only do these recipes sound great! They are the perfect size for our just married couples, when a large dessert is too much.

Also great for seniors or empty nesters!

Or for singles like myself!! Because I WILL eat an entire batch of a desserts by my lonesome!

Sorry about that JK--that is also an excellent point! Everything in moderation!

The less I make, the less I can eat!!:D

I try to convey that to my husband but he doesn't buy it! LOL!!!

Back on topic. My maintenance man stopped by yesterday and asked me if I sold pots and pans too. I said yes and showed him my 8" saute pan that I got free during my SS bonus when I started 2 1/2 years ago. He was quite impressed with it and asked for a catalog to look at at home. I told him that if he bought a set of cookware from me I would make turn it into a show for him and give him host rewards. I hope he does! Will let you know if something comes out of it.

pamperedharriet said:
Back on topic. My maintenance man stopped by yesterday and asked me if I sold pots and pans too. I said yes and showed him my 8" saute pan that I got free during my SS bonus when I started 2 1/2 years ago. He was quite impressed with it and asked for a catalog to look at at home. I told him that if he bought a set of cookware from me I would make turn it into a show for him and give him host rewards. I hope he does! Will let you know if something comes out of it.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you on that one!! I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to sell a set of cookware!!!

I finally sold my first set to my mom's best friend last weekend...we decided to make her the co-host, so that she could get in the combo now....and she will host a show in the future for me! But I hope that she loves it, and talks it up at another show booking from my mom's party in April :)

Thanks Kearstin! I hope so too!

That would be awesome JK!!

1. What ingredients do I need to make the Half-Recipe Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake?

To make the Half-Recipe Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake, you will need the following ingredients:

• 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 cup cocoa powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/4 cup chopped pecans
  • 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
  • 1/4 cup caramel sauce

2. Can I use a different size skillet for this recipe?

While the recipe is specifically designed for an 8" saute pan, you can use a different size skillet as long as it has similar dimensions. Just keep in mind that the cooking time may vary.

3. Do I need to grease the skillet before baking the cake?

Yes, it is recommended to lightly grease the skillet before pouring in the cake batter. This will help prevent the cake from sticking to the pan.

4. How do I know when the cake is done?

You can check if the cake is done by inserting a toothpick into the center. If it comes out clean, the cake is ready. You can also gently press on the top of the cake - if it springs back, it is done.

5. Can I use a different type of nut for the topping?

Yes, you can use a different type of nut if you prefer. Chopped walnuts or almonds would also work well in this recipe.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KateInTheKitchen
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefloretta
  • rajenkiPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
KateInTheKitchen
  • mechelle