• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Mother Nature Ruining My Party Plan Business This Week?

In summary, the conversation revolved around a Pampered Chef show that was supposed to take place, featuring a variety of chocolate treats and other products. However, due to bad weather, the show had to be cancelled and turned into a catalog show instead. This was a disappointment for the host and for another person who was supposed to have their first cooking show. Many other people in the conversation also had to cancel events due to bad weather in their area.
ChefJoyJ
So I had a show tonight making the turtle fudge skillet cake. The host was soooo excited about her "chocolate bliss" show - choclate martinis, hershey kisses, valentine chocolate candy heart as one of the prizes, the skillet cake, Ann's cream cheese dip idea (to showcase the sprinkles) with chocolate graham crackers... You could almost call it chocolate heaven! :love: :angel: :)

She had 10-12 confirmed people...some were going to bring friends, so we were looking at about 15 people. They all knew some things they wanted from PC and they were all excited about buying PC products. Not only was the show looking to be a great show in sales, there were booking leads, and a chance to break into a new crowd.

Which leads me to my vent...*&^% freak freezing rain!! :mad: Came out of no where and has slicked the roads and so many people cancelled that the host had no choice but to cancel her show. :cry: So she's making it a catalog show (closing Friday - after bonus points ends) and she wants to reschedule her cooking show for later spring or early summer.

Sigh...my 3 shows in one week aren't going so well. My first host (Sunday) was almost impossible to host coach (as MIA as she could be w/o totally being MIA). Her show sales are only at $132 right now! :eek: Still have some outside orders to collect, but I'm not hopeful it will be more than $250. Then todays had to cancel (but it should still be over a $500 show, easily). I still have Saturday's show! It's with a fun group of ladies and I'm really looking forward to it! My fingers are crossed it goes well. This has not been my week! :rolleyes:

Rackin' frackin' ice! :p

{{{{Hugs}}}}

What I do from Jan- March, I have the host put a 2nd date just incase of canceling due to bad weather. :)

I'm in Western Maryland and we had about 4 inches of snow with ice today and tonight we are to get the freezing rain and ice.

There wasn't school today because of elections and now there probably be not school tomorrow.

I am still uneasy about driving dince my accident in mid January - and I need to drive my daughter to school because we are out of district with the school she goes to.

oh well

:chef:

Bummer Joy.............((( HUGS )))

Sorry to hear of your cancelled show........at least it'll turn into a halfway decent caty show......better than nothing!!

Winter sucks, don't it???

I'm in MI and ending up canceling my show tonight as well... :(

finley1991 said:
I'm in MI and ending up canceling my show tonight as well... :(

AW......sorry to hear about that Colleen.....((( HUGS ))) to you too!!!

Your's was because of snow, right?? We're getting snow too.....I DO love the snow though!!

We had to cancel our cluster meeting due to snow & ice!!:yuck:

I wondered if you were going to cancel, Colleen. Our car club meeting was cancelled, too. After I spent 2 hours putting together membership directories. :grumpy: BUT- gotta love the OfficeMax discount card! I used it for the copies for the directory, and it took the total from $64 to $23. The cashier was amazed.

My new recruit was supposed to have her first cooking show tonight - she has been calling me all day - so excited, and full of questions and ideas....and then, the show got canceled due to weather, and since the host is moving the end of the month - she turned it into a catalog show.

I feel so bad for her - she was really looking forward to getting this first show under her belt!

And just think... I've been complaining about it being too HOT this week! Sorry the weather hasn't been cooperative for many of you - that must really put a crimp in your shows!

That stinks, Becky. But it's also a great opportunity to talk to her about using the time she had set aside for show to do other business activities (like phone calls).

AnthemChef said:
And just think... I've been complaining about it being too HOT this week!
We don't wanna hear it.:D
(I'm just kidding, you know. Enjoy the warm!)

Joy, I'm so sorry about your show.

I had one last night. It began snowing about 2 hours before and the roads got slick fast. I was really afraid the host would cancel, but she didn't. I do find the later we get in the season the less likely they cancel since people get accustomed to driving in it. We've had about 28" this season. A few people didn't make it, but it was due to illness. I guess they plan on ordering - we will see. The show is at $381 so far, but not great since it was a double show - Mom/Daughter.

Today the roads were awful here. We haven't gotten a lot of snow, but it has been steady light snow all day! I'm glad I didn't have another show tonight.

I'm having a show of my own on Sunday (Close to My Heart) and they are saying chance of snow! I hope it doesn't get too bad where I have to re-schedule!

I'd rather someone cancel than be a victim of an auto accident from ice.
My only advice is to take advantage of the bad weather and make calls and send emails. Everyone is likely to be home in bad weather.
Bobby

I had my own show tonight, and 7 people came, even though the weather was bad. Most people lived within 3 miles from my house. I did have to shovel and my kids shoveled a second time. Getting tired of the shoveling and slick roads.

Thanks everyone...I was just frustrated b/c I was looking forward to breaking into this new group...and needed to vent. :cry:

I was also hoping to get my bookings for March. Right now, my March is completely open. :cry: Oh well...as I said, I have a show on Saturday and hopefully I can get a few bookings! :angel: :)

I am sorry to hear of all the canceled shows! Becky, that sucks for your new recruit. Hopefully she doesn't let that discourage her.

We are getting yet another snow/ice storm here in Vermont as well... my show last night was postponed too. I'm anxious for spring!

I know how you feel Joy; most of my shows had to turn into catty shows in Dec due to the weather. At least she didn't cancel completely!

Joy, make sure to book her off herself, then she'll get two monthly host benefits. Look at the plus side, she still wants to have a kitchen show. Offer her an incentive if she closes tomorrow if you want to try to get it in by the double points deadline.

ChefJoyJ said:
Thanks everyone...I was just frustrated b/c I was looking forward to breaking into this new group...and needed to vent. :cry:

I was also hoping to get my bookings for March. Right now, my March is completely open. :cry: Oh well...as I said, I have a show on Saturday and hopefully I can get a few bookings! :angel: :)

Sorry to hear about your show cancelling-that really is crappy! But when you get the orders, make sure you have a phone number for CCC and when you make them ask everyone-you may end up with some bookings!

ChefJoyJ said:

Try to get the contact info for the people who were considering booking their own shows! Book them from her catty show - fill up your March!

Oh, I'm all about the CCC calls and trying to get bookings...I just needed to vent b/c I was upset about the freak ice that happened. It wasn't in the forecast, no one had any clue it was coming, and then my show I was so excited about cancelled. :(

Don't worry guys - I do plan on making CCC calls and telling everyone how great our host benefits are and wouldn't they just *love* to host a show? ;) I'll let you know how it turns out! :)

1. What products do you recommend for cooking during a freak ice storm?

During a freak ice storm, we recommend using our stoneware products such as our Rectangular Baker or Deep Covered Baker. These products are great for cooking hearty meals like casseroles or roasts that can warm you up during the storm. We also recommend our Micro-Cooker for quickly steaming vegetables or making soups.

2. Can I still host a Pampered Chef party during an ice storm?

Yes, you can still host a Pampered Chef party during an ice storm! Our consultants offer virtual parties that can be done from the comfort of your own home. You and your guests can join the party from your computer or phone and still have a fun and interactive experience.

3. Are Pampered Chef products safe to use during a power outage caused by an ice storm?

Yes, our stoneware products are safe to use during a power outage. They retain heat very well, so you can continue cooking your food even without electricity. Our Power Chef System is also a great alternative for blending and chopping ingredients without electricity.

4. How can I keep my Pampered Chef products from freezing during an ice storm?

To prevent your Pampered Chef products from freezing during an ice storm, we recommend storing them in a warm, dry place inside your house. If you are using our stoneware products, make sure to preheat them in the oven before cooking to prevent cracking. You can also wrap them in towels or blankets to insulate them from the cold.

5. What recipes do you recommend for using Pampered Chef products during an ice storm?

We have a variety of recipes that are perfect for cooking during an ice storm. Some of our favorites include our One-Pot Chicken Alfredo made in our Deep Covered Baker, our Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff made in our Rockcrok Dutch Oven, and our Hearty Vegetable Soup made in our Micro-Cooker. You can also visit our website for more recipe ideas and inspiration.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedcheermom
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
cathyskitchen
  • melissaboyd
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies