• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What should I do about an unresponsive host one week before my party?

In summary, the host for the party has been difficult to get in touch with and has not provided any necessary information for the upcoming show. The consultant is unsure whether to still attend the party or cancel it. Suggestions are given to call the host and set a deadline for confirmation, and to not be discouraged as difficult hosts are part of the business. It is also mentioned to try contacting the host through the person who booked the party. Another consultant shares a similar experience with a difficult host.
mrsbmomof3
Okay, I posted a while back about someone who contacted me and wanted to set up a party. Well, this person was impossible to get in contact with so, I was about to give up. Well, all of a sudden this person contacts me (via email) to set up a show...even picks a date. Well, I emailed back IMMEDIATELY, hoping to catch this person and get a phone number where I could actually reach them...no response....I continued to call/email for a few more times and FINALLY caught this person at work...they sounded excited about the show but couldn't talk long due to the fact they were at work. However, I got a phone number to call back on they informed me that they WOULD be home when I called...guess what? I STILL haven't been able to get in touch with the host! I'm at my wit's end now...the party is ONE week away...she's not given me her guest list, no recipes have been chosen, etc. I'm still a new consultant so this is the FIRST time I've dealt with a host like this. What should I do? Do I still drive to the show and risk the possiblity that even the host won't be there??? My current feeling is to both call and email the host and say that if I don't hear from them by tomorrow that I will be forced to cancel the show....I'm just not sure what to do.
Sorry to be so discouraged.....
:confused:

Don't give up on it just yet. I'd leave a message assuming the show is still on "since she hasn't called you to cancel" rather than assuming it is cancelled. Just let her know you will bring the ingredients and she can reimburse you when you get there. It's worth a try and if she really does want to cancel, I bet she calls you back after getting your message.

I would call her and tell her that you need confirmation. Tell her that if she doesn't want the date, to let you know by 5:00 Wednesday - and if you don't hear from her, you'll assume the show's been cancelled and you can give the date to another host. You have to let people know that this is your business and only have a few dates available. If the show's a "go" - great! If not, you need to be able to offer the date to someone else. don't be afraid to treat it like a business, because that's exactly what it is!

Do you recall where you got the lead from? was she booked from a show? If so, perhaps the host whom she booked from might have some better contact info for you as well. good Luck!

Yes, this person booked from another show (although she booked when she placed her order online...she didn't actually attend the other show I did). It seems like the other host understands the situation, but hasn't really come out and said it...she just made the comment that this person always seems so "busy."
Thanks for your encouragement and suggestions...I'm going to it out today and see what happens...

Welcome to The Pampered Chef. I'm sure we ALL have similiar stories. Try not to get so discouraged. Many of us have walked in your shoes and had difficult hosts/guests. And we will continue to have difficult hosts/guests. It is just a part of the biz. You smile and move on.

I would do everyting in my power to reach them and leave a final message that tells them you will be by at such and such time. If they are any respectful person at all they will call you back. If they don't call, only YOU can make the judement call. If it were me and they didn't live to far away, I'd show up on the front door step at the time we had discussed. If they were far away I just wouldnt' show and I would just write them off.

I'm sorry they are putting you through this. You will have better days.

I would call her every time you get a chance, even if it's 10 o'clock at night to be sure she is still doing the party. I had this happen to me. This psycho girl came to a party of mine and told me she had every thing in the book almost. She bought 100 worth at the lady's party and booked her own show. As i talked to her, she told me over and over that she had 30 guest coming and i was so excited. I gave her 6 or 7 books, post card invitations, amongst other things to help her plan her party. She stole me blind. She wouldn't return my calls 1 week b4 the party. I finally got her husband at 10 oclock one night and he told me she was in Florida with the kids and would be for 2 weeks! I was so mad. This woman was a compulsive liar that did nothing but discourage me and waist my time. I urge you to use caution with this host. She may be dangerous or she may just be really busy and ditzy.

Do you ever have a month passed by without you realizing it? I know I do! Others have that happen too and while WE think about PC daily, others don't. If you leave her a message saying that you MUST hear from her by Wednesday (or whatever) and she doesn't, that's disrespectful to you, but it's still YOUR business and your responsibility to contact her. I hope that she contacts you right away with a bunch of orders!! :)

Related to What should I do about an unresponsive host one week before my party?

1. What is "Trying Not to Lose Heart" all about?

"Trying Not to Lose Heart" is a cookbook that focuses on healthy and delicious recipes for people who are looking to maintain or lose weight. It includes a variety of recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks that are easy to make and packed with flavor.

2. Are the ingredients used in "Trying Not to Lose Heart" recipes easily accessible?

Yes, the ingredients used in the recipes are commonly found in most grocery stores. We also provide alternative options for ingredients that may not be as readily available in some areas.

3. Can the recipes in "Trying Not to Lose Heart" be customized for dietary restrictions?

Yes, many of the recipes in the book can be easily modified to fit specific dietary needs such as gluten-free, dairy-free, or vegetarian. We also provide substitutions and alternatives for ingredients to accommodate different dietary restrictions.

4. Are there any tips for meal planning and portion control in "Trying Not to Lose Heart"?

Yes, the book includes a section on meal planning and portion control to help readers stay on track with their weight loss goals. We also provide tips and tricks for creating balanced and satisfying meals.

5. Can "Trying Not to Lose Heart" be used for long-term weight management?

Absolutely, the recipes in the book are designed to be sustainable and enjoyable for long-term use. We also include tips for maintaining a healthy lifestyle and incorporating exercise into your routine.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Katiek77
  • PChefPEI
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
Replies
Views
lovecookn