• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Do I Handle Unresponsive Leads?

In summary, the person is trying to reach a woman they met at a show last spring but have been unable to get ahold of her. They have left messages and been unsuccessful in getting a response, and they are starting to believe that the woman is avoiding them. They have a number of leads that they have been trying to follow up with, but have been unsuccessful. They believe that if the woman is not interested, she should be upfront about it and say so.
PChefPEI
Silver Member
I have a number of leads that have been on my follow-up list for a while. I keep notes each time I call so that I know what I've done for follow-up. My problem is, there are a number on there that I have left several messages with over the past few months and never got an answer back.

I'm starting to believe that they have caller ID and are avoiding my calls. They had told me in the past that they would be interested in hosting a show. I told them that I would follow up and now this! If they are not interested, why can't they answer the phone and tell me that!!! :grumpy:

So, what would you guys do? Forget about them?

I would be interested in hearing what others say also. I have a bunch of leads that I feel the the same way about.

use a calling card a random # shows up and they will answer---at least you will know if it's yes or no----

I'd keep calling them. Maybe try every 2-3 months. Sometimes the timing's just wrong, and if that changes they will host.

In my opinion, if you're getting the run around, they are not interested. I did a festival a couple of months after I started and I had SO many leads, but not a single one panned out. I called several times. For me, it's three strikes and they're out. I'm not one to waste my time or beat a dead horse. That is strictly my opinion, and I admit, it may not be the best, but that is how I feel about it.

I totally agree about people just being upfront about it. Just say, "Thank you, but I'm not interested." It's not that difficult. I remember a gal from a show last February who indicated on her door prize slip that they might be interested in both hosting a show and learning about becoming a consultant. I called twice and left messages, but she never called back. She is the sister-in-law of a gal who works with one of my best friends, and the SIL told my friend the gal said she wished I would stop calling! I had informed my friend before that about her indications and that I had left two messages, and my friend defended me and said "she should just tell Tammy she's not interested and be done with it." I don't like to be a pest, but I also don't want to leave loose ends.

Just my opinion on the matter. I say find what feels right for you and go with it. Don't go by what someone says if it doesn't feel right; if so, you'll come across as insincere.

Tammy

I thank people who tell me "No"! I too have several leads I've been trying to track down since last summer, one from last spring who keeps promising to do something! I just keep calling, leaving messages. I won't stop until they tell me no. I have a binder that I keep track of my leads by the month I need to call them in. When I leave a message, I mark it down and move them to the next month. I just don't understand people when they tell us to quit calling them but they originally told us they were interested!

After two messages in the same month I move them to 3 months ahead in my follow up box. Then I'll try again. I have hosting and recruiting postcards that I will mail on those that don't answer the phone. On the postcard you can write something like, "call me before I call you for a free gift!" Then if they call, give them a seasons best or something small.

I have the same problem with a bunch of Festival Leads. If one pans out of 100 I'll be happy!
GL!

I've had the same thing happen. I just keep them on my list and email or phone, just not as often - I don't want them to think I'm a stalker! Unless they tell me to remove them from my list, they are on it.

For instance. I met this lady at 2 of my shows last spring. She was pregnant and due in May and said she'd like to have a show in Sept and might be interested in the biz (she spent over $300 between the two shows). So, around August I start calling her. Called and left messages every two weeks through mid-November. Finally I just stopped calling. Well, the first week of Dec my girlfriend and I meet for lunch....who is our waitress???? The lady who doesn't call me back! We looked at each other and at the same time said "you look really familiar where have we met?" I looked at her name tag and said.....you've been avoiding me missy! She immediately apologized and said yes, yes, yes I really want to have a show it's just been crazy with the baby and the new job and family! When can I have a show? Her show is in 2 weeks :D

So, don't stop unless they tell yot to, but don't stalk either. Just leave friendly upbeat messages. They'll eventually get back to you.

Keep them on your calling list even if it is once a month or once every three months. When you call and leave a message, let them know that you will keep them on the list (and when you will call) unless they ask to be taken off. You don't know what is going on in their life - there could have been a string of deaths or someone in the hospital - both have happened to me. Just keep the message short, upbeat and without any info on what is coming up.

Why without info on what's coming up? Just curious, becuase I've been leaving messages that do say what specials are coming up, in case they're interested.

I usually say just enough about what's coming up to peak their interest w/o telling them everything. That way they have to call me back to find out about it.

It is not their responsibility to call you back. You have to just keep calling. I had a $2700 show in September. I called the host for EIGHT MONTHS before we finally connected and she finally booked. Just keep calling and asking!

I don't want to make them feel that the only reason they can call me back is to book a show, so I don't give them as much info. Just make it light and easy and that you're hoping to get them to call you back to chat as friends.

I just say hi this is Deb with Pampered Chef I just wanted to keep you updated on what we have going on this time of year. Sorry I missed you. If you need my # it's 333-333-3333 but I know you're busy so I"ll try to reach you again and hope we can connect. Have a great day! bye!Very easy, non threatening, customer service oriented. Works for me.

That sounds good. I'll have to try your approach. I do continue to keep them on my lists as well but do feel like I should just stop sometimes.

DebbieJ said:
I just say hi this is Deb with Pampered Chef I just wanted to keep you updated on what we have going on this time of year. Sorry I missed you. If you need my # it's 333-333-3333 but I know you're busy so I"ll try to reach you again and hope we can connect. Have a great day! bye!

Very easy, non threatening, customer service oriented. Works for me.

Love that, Debbie! I will make that my script....without saying "this is Deb" of course...hehe

I usually don't leave details either. Tonight, I made some CCC and did get a few answering machines. This is basically what I said - "Hi, this is Marie-France Myers calling from the Pampered Chef. I'm doing some CCC this evening and was checking to see how you are getting along with your products. I also have some exciting news about what is going on with PC right now that I would love to share with you. If you'd like to call me, you can reach me at xxx-xxxx. If I don't hear from you, I'll try you again later on in the week."

As I typed this out, I see that it is way too wordy and long. I love your message Debbie and will start shortening my message. Thanks for sharing!

My director suggested that when you leave a message tell them you'll keep calling until you connect. That way, they know the only way to get you to stop calling is to call you back or answer the phone!

Two years ago I had debated purging my lead list because those calls seemed to be fruitless (you know, new year... trying to re-organize things).
I kept those leads on the advice of a friend. By years end, I had recruited 14 people... and wouldnt you know it.... they were all people who had been on my lead list for more than a year!

When calling, I make it simple and to the point for the bookings aspect.
"Hello ____, this is Kristin calling with The Pampered Chef. I know you are as busy as I am right now, but I was hoping to be able to chat with you for just a few minutes. If on the other hand, you wish to be taken off my call list, please give me a call back at (phone # here) or email me at (email here). I look forward to hearing from back from you soon."

Kristin, I love it!!!!! More to the point, but yet still very general. I'm going to use this today!!!!!(just scheduled another recruit interview, BTW--we're meeting next Friday the 25th. :))

What should I do with the leads I receive?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, it is important to follow up with the leads you receive. This can be done through email, phone calls, or even in-person meetings. It is important to establish a personal connection with the lead and understand their needs and interests in Pampered Chef products.

How can I track my leads?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of tools and resources to help you track your leads. This includes a lead tracking sheet, online lead management system, and even training on how to effectively manage and follow up with your leads.

What is the best way to approach a lead?

The best approach will depend on the individual and their preferences. Some leads may prefer phone calls, while others may prefer emails or in-person meetings. It is important to personalize your approach and tailor it to the lead's interests and needs.

What should I do if a lead is not responding?

If a lead is not responding to your initial attempts to reach out, it is important to continue following up with them. This can be done through different channels, such as email, phone calls, or social media. It is also important to be patient and give the lead time to respond.

How can I convert leads into customers?

To convert leads into customers, it is important to build a relationship with them and understand their needs and interests. Share information about Pampered Chef products that would be relevant to them and offer personalized recommendations. You can also offer incentives or promotions to encourage them to make a purchase.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Koolotus
  • Rubelbj
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
littlemaisyPC
  • Intrepid_Chef