• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Bookings Phone Messages to Leave for Potential Hosts

In summary, if you have been leaving messages for a potential host and have not received a response, try calling them again a couple of weeks later or emailing them. You never know, they might just need the time to think about it.
Suzy Englert
I have potential hosts who ask me to call them to schedule their party but consistently get an answering machine-even when I've asked if this is a good number and time to reach them at. What kind of message can I leave to let them know I am following up at their request to schedule a party? And how many times do you call these potential hosts-until they have scheduled their party?

Thanks,
Suzy in Texas

I say something along the lines of . . . Hi, this is Rae Bates, your Pampered Chef Consultant. You had asked me to call about this time in order to get your party scheduled. I'm sorry I missed you. Give me a call at [phone number] so we can get your party on my calendar. If I haven't heard from you in a few days I'll give you another call.As for how often to call, I call a couple of times a week for a few weeks, then back off to once a week for a few weeks. I leave essentially the same message each time. Finally I add the following to the message . . .By the way, if you've decided that hosting isn't going to work out for you right now, that's just fine. I don't assume that, though. You can call or you can email me at [email address]. I accept no very well, but I'll need to hear it directly from you. After that I drop back to once every month or two, including messages about the guest and host specials.I've had hosts who have taken literally months to get their very successful shows scheduled.

Great-I love it! Thanks-I will definitely use these words when leaving messages:)

Suzy in Texas

My pleasure. I never assume people don't want to host, but I have learned that giving them a gracious way to bow out makes it easier for them to actually return my call (or at least email me). Most people are too chicken to tell you that they've changed their minds.

raebates said:
My pleasure. I never assume people don't want to host, but I have learned that giving them a gracious way to bow out makes it easier for them to actually return my call (or at least email me). Most people are too chicken to tell you that they've changed their minds.

Yes, I use basically the same message. And, I agree completely. Its so much easier if you know if they want to have a show or not.

Thanks for those tips, Rae! I just left yet another message for a potential host with those words...I had been leaving messages for this potential host about every couple of weeks, and then one time when I finally did get her on the phone, she was very adamant that she did still want to book a show. We discussed two possible dates that she wanted to check out (one of those is this coming Saturday), and promised to let me know...
But she does have 3 kids under age 3, and runs her own business... so calling me isn't top on her list! But this does give me courage to keep calling... you never know!A positive story along those lines... another potential host that I've left many messages for but have never gotten a call back from. Today I stopped in at her workplace to drop off some order forms (in case she had decided to didn't want to host), and it turns out that she had been away on holidays, and felt bad about not calling back, etc, but still definitely wants a party in May (is passionate about supporting the HWC effort, as she has survived 3 bouts of cancer).So... we just need to keep going!

Some people just aren't good at returning calls or emails. It's a fact of life.

1. What should I say in my phone message to potential hosts?

It's important to introduce yourself and your business, and then explain the benefits of hosting a Pampered Chef party. Let them know about any current promotions or incentives, and give a brief overview of what a party entails. Don't forget to leave your contact information so they can easily reach you.

2. How many times should I follow up with a potential host after leaving a message?

It's recommended to follow up at least 2-3 times before moving on to another potential host. You can try calling, texting, or sending an email, but be sure to space out your attempts and not come across as too pushy.

3. What information should I gather from potential hosts during the phone call?

Aside from their contact information, it's important to find out their availability for hosting a party, their preferred date and time, and the number of guests they think they can invite. This will help you better plan and tailor the party to their needs.

4. How do I handle a voicemail when leaving a message for a potential host?

If you reach a voicemail, be sure to leave a clear and concise message. Introduce yourself, explain the benefits of hosting a party, and leave your contact information. You can also ask them to call you back or leave a convenient time for you to call them again.

5. What should I do if a potential host declines or doesn't respond to my message?

If a potential host declines, thank them for considering and let them know they can reach out to you in the future if they change their mind. If they don't respond, it's okay to follow up once more, but don't continue to reach out if they don't show interest. Focus your efforts on other potential hosts who are more interested in hosting a party.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Suzy Englert
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
pamperedpals
  • Suzy Englert
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • NinaPChef