• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Contact or Wait? How to Handle January Booking Leads

In summary, the conversation includes discussing how to contact potential leads for booking shows in January. Some suggest calling them soon with an excuse about January filling up quickly, while others believe in waiting until after the holidays. The idea of offering a special gift for booking early in January is also mentioned. Some have been keeping in touch with their leads through postcards or letters, reminding them about the opportunity to host a show in January. Ultimately, the group agrees on a strategy of sending a letter to those who wanted to be contacted after the holidays, offering them first choice of dates.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
I have some booking leads for January. When I last talked with these leads, they told me to call them after the new year. My only problem is I only have 1 show for January. I would love to contact these leads now before the holidays hit but also don't want to since they told me to call them after the holidays. What are your thoughts on this?

I think I would call them soon, maybe make an excuse up that your January is filling up quicker then you expected and you didn't want them to miss out on choosing a date if a January show is what they wanted. Have a few dates prepared as your "last" openings. If they still aren't ready to set a solid date, then just say talk to you after the holidays!

I believe in contacting people when they say. But then again, that may be why I don't have as many shows as I would like. :)

Go for it. I just did that. I told the leads that I was calling because they had wanted a January show. "I'm booking January now, before the holiday rush to make your show go smoothly. " "I want to give you first opportuniy to pick a date before others. I have ____ and ___ dates available. Which one works best for you?"

Even though your schedule is empty, they don't need to know that. Give two dates close in January, so you can be guaranteed the show AND look at the special gift you get for booking early in January.

candiejayne said:
I think I would call them soon, maybe make an excuse up that your January is filling up quicker then you expected and you didn't want them to miss out on choosing a date if a January show is what they wanted. Have a few dates prepared as your "last" openings. If they still aren't ready to set a solid date, then just say talk to you after the holidays!

leftymac said:
I believe in contacting people when they say. But then again, that may be why I don't have as many shows as I would like. :)

See, these are the two thoughts going through my head. We talked about when to talk next so I don't want to "bother" them by checking in early.

But the people I have been talking to I have been telling them that my January is filling up (it's a little hard with Leadership and the New Year so close together). I am sending out my newsletter right now offering free kitchen shows for January.

lockhartkitchen said:
Go for it. I just did that. I told the leads that I was calling because they had wanted a January show. "I'm booking January now, before the holiday rush to make your show go smoothly. " "I want to give you first opportuniy to pick a date before others. I have ____ and ___ dates available. Which one works best for you?"

Even though your schedule is empty, they don't need to know that. Give two dates close in January, so you can be guaranteed the show AND look at the special gift you get for booking early in January.

Yah, I know the calendar trick!

candiejayne said:

I like that! filling up quicker than you expected and you don't want them to miss out on choosing a date. I'd focus on how great this January (only happens once a year) special is.

Good ideas. For the last couple of years I have sent a series of postcards to my January hosts but this year I'm sending letters. Just keeping in touch through the holidays - it keeps them from forgetting - they don't mind because they get a recipe with each letter.

I have several who said to call after the first of the year. I will send them the first one and say something like "you said you were interested in having a show after the first of the year and I wanted you to get first choice of dates. Give me a call and let's coordinate our dates". Then I'll send the 3rd to those that I don't hear from (honoring their request to wait to call them) and say on that one that I will call in the next week to set their date.

Keeping in touch is key but especially this time of year I honor the request to wait - most have said they are slammed this time of year and can't even think about it until January. But that doesn't mean I can't send them a festive note with a recipe in it! ;)

I would call, but I also would not wait too much longer. it is still only the 2nd of December, if you wait another week or so, then you are really getting in to holiday time, and definately call during the week, weekends are way to busy right now.

Okay, I'll sit down and call on Thursday (my next available time for calls).

I would call now. Explain the dates are filling up fast. I've been telling people I'll get your host package to you earlier, so as you are seeing people over the holidays you can give them the invite, and then follow-up with calls and e-mails. They have been loving the idea.

Some people still are saying - call after the holidays. I tell them ok but they may have to wait until February for a time/day of the week they want. I literrally have 1 Saturday left (subtracting out leadership and my husband's birthday) to book a show. Whomever gets the last one - gets it.

BethCooks4U said:
Good ideas. For the last couple of years I have sent a series of postcards to my January hosts but this year I'm sending letters. Just keeping in touch through the holidays - it keeps them from forgetting - they don't mind because they get a recipe with each letter.

I have several who said to call after the first of the year. I will send them the first one and say something like "you said you were interested in having a show after the first of the year and I wanted you to get first choice of dates. Give me a call and let's coordinate our dates". Then I'll send the 3rd to those that I don't hear from (honoring their request to wait to call them) and say on that one that I will call in the next week to set their date.

Keeping in touch is key but especially this time of year I honor the request to wait - most have said they are slammed this time of year and can't even think about it until January. But that doesn't mean I can't send them a festive note with a recipe in it! ;)

Are you able to post these? TIA!

Attachments

• 2005 Holiday Postcards (2).pdf
    388.3 KB · Views: 391
I have been calling people who said call me after the holidays. I too am using the "my calendar is filling up quick excuse". I now have 3 January shows on the books. No one was mad that I called them before the holiday. Most were pleased that I thought of them since I was doing it so they "would not miss out" on a great host special! YOu are doing them a favor by giving them this opportunity.

BethCooks4U said:
Here you go!

i love that not and recipe idea! and i'm sure you can adapt them to use year round!

bknowles67 said:
I have been calling people who said call me after the holidays. I too am using the "my calendar is filling up quick excuse". I now have 3 January shows on the books. No one was mad that I called them before the holiday. Most were pleased that I thought of them since I was doing it so they "would not miss out" on a great host special! YOu are doing them a favor by giving them this opportunity.

woohoo for once in my life i had a good idea work! LOL

I'd try it myself, but I dont have anyone who said call me after the holidays. :balloon:

Do it now, I called tonight and booked 4 shows :)

1. Do I need to contact someone right away or should I wait?

The answer to this question depends on the situation. If it is an urgent matter or requires immediate attention, it is best to contact someone right away. However, if it is a non-urgent matter, it may be better to wait until a designated time or until the issue can be resolved in a more appropriate manner.

2. How do I determine if I should contact someone or wait?

Consider the importance and urgency of the matter at hand. If it is time-sensitive and requires immediate action, it is best to contact someone right away. If it is not urgent and can be addressed at a later time, it may be better to wait and avoid interrupting someone's schedule.

3. When is it appropriate to wait before contacting someone?

If the issue is not pressing and can be resolved at a later time without causing any negative consequences, it is appropriate to wait. This is especially true if the person you need to contact is currently busy or unavailable.

4. Is it ever better to wait instead of contacting someone?

In some situations, waiting may be the better option. If the issue is not significant and can be resolved without causing any disruption, waiting can save time and avoid unnecessary interruptions.

5. What if I am unsure whether to contact someone or wait?

If you are unsure, it is always best to err on the side of caution and contact someone. This will ensure that the matter is addressed in a timely manner and prevent any potential issues from escalating. It is always better to be proactive and communicate rather than risk missing a deadline or causing a problem.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Bren706
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Kattipppe
  • Suzy Englert
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • kcmckay