• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Overcoming January Booking Struggles: Tips and Tricks to Start the Year Strong

In summary, Jan hosts are having a difficult time booking because it is too tight after the holidays. However, if they keep calling, they are bound to hit someone who wants to book.
krzymomof4
Silver Member
Anyone else having trouble booking January? I alway seem to have trouble with January for some reason. I only had 1 show in Jan of this year. No one wants to book Jan for the same reasons. Too tight after the holidays. They all want to skip to Feb. which is good for my Feb, but sucky for a good start to the new year.
Am I alone?

This is what I am saying... "I totally understand... let me explain how it works and then you can decide if you still want Feb. In Jan we have the Jan PLUS bonus which means more free product for you!!!! Plus our stoneware is 20% off so your guests will definitely want that. Then when someone at your show schedules a show of their own in Feb, you'll get two items 60% off as the past host it's so much better for you to host in Jan because you'll get BOTH! AND when two people book for Feb, you'll get 4 items 60% off!"

When I mention the plus bonus, they say...After the holiday's I bet I can't get $300 worth of orders. It just isn't worth it. What do you have open for Feb.

krzymomof4 said:
When I mention the plus bonus, they say...After the holiday's I bet I can't get $300 worth of orders. It just isn't worth it. What do you have open for Feb.

Not to be discouraging, but maybe it's better that they book for February then. I have found that when hosts have this mindset they are impossible to host coach. They don't get any enthusiasm across to their guests and the show does end up being a flop.

The only advice I have for you for January is to keep calling. You are bound to hit someone who wants it!

I am hearing the same thing tonight. My director and I are having a contest tonight to see which one of us can book more for Jan. She's winning she booked 1 on top of the 5 she already had booked and I have booked 0 but I had 2 booked before tonight. Everyone is saying it's to tight already and they have more gifts to buy. I have suggested to those people that they order a gift certificate from me for their hard to buy friends and family. One lady is going to get back to me cuz her son wants to buy some soneware in Jan.

How does your Dec look? If you've got the schedule to get in front of more people, you're bound to get another Jan booking using Colleen's words. (Thanks for sharing, Colleen. I may be using these words as well!)

I've got 4 cooking shows in Dec and one booking so far for Jan so I'm hoping to get bookings for Jan at my Dec shows. I think I"ll lie to my future hosts and tell them that Feb's specials are unknown so far since Leadership is just around the corner. They'll never know the difference.... :)
I'm hoping to get a good start to the new year and get my bonus points for the incentive trip. I lost the cruise AGAIN!!! grrrr......

I have six bookings for January, and I have at least two more people needing to give me dates. Everyone really wants the extra $50. My trouble is that I can get one month booked really full, and then everyone wants to book at least two months out. I had a very busy September, then a 3 show October, then a full November, one show in December, and now a full January. I'm really hoping my February will start filling up.

I have 4 for January, but nothing at all for December. NO ONE wants to take time out of their busy holiday schedule. I have one multi vendor open house next Sunday and that's it for the month.

With January, I explain to people that:
  • If we get the word out about your party, the Christmas money they get either as a gift or a return could purchase that stone they really want.

• That I can help them think of enough people to ask where they will have an excellent chance to get at least a $500 party.

• People are ready to get out and socialize. They have had to spend most of the holidays with relatives and they are ready to re-connect with friends. Also, that can be emphasized on their invitation.

• Think of a fun theme show together...fuzzy slippers, Margarita party, Super Bowl party ideas

• Stay in touch with January hosts. I will be sending out their guest lists soon so they can add names that are on their Christmas card list. Add an incentive to have the list back to you soon after Christmas. I find once I get the list back, the show rarely falls through unless an emergency arises

• Send them a recipe one week, a Season's Greetings the next week, send them a reminder to let relatives and friends seen over the holidays that they are having a party and keep sending little things that are perks and get them excited about their upcoming party

I let people know that I have had a $1,000 for the last 2 Januarys so it IS possible!! I also keep a VERY positive and confident (not over confident) attitude about getting them a good show in January. I have a new team member who has booked 6 parties...her excitement is coming through in her e-mail...imagine what it is in person.

As usual, great advice, Ann :chef:

I love January's host special. What I have been telling my hosts is that, not only will they earn the extra FREE product, but since the stoneware is already discounted 20% and then they get to put it under their unlimited discount..they are able to get their stoneware for anywhere from 35%-50% off! They all have been getting really excited about that. And of course that they can get the Feb. host special (which is so great!) as well, when they get a friend to book in Feb. I did a booking blitz call last night. I called 8 people and to my surprise, by telling them that, I got 6 more shows booked. Right now I am sitting at 12 cooking and 2 catalog shows in Jan. Man, its gonna be a busy month!:eek: but im not complaining:D

I haven't even been mentioning the Feb. specials yet. I just want to get throught the shows this week and then all my kids school holiday stuff the next 2 weeks. Plus I need to start shopping. This is horrible I am always done by now & I haven't really started. Thinking into Jan. is as far as I am going right now. At this weeks shows I will hopefully get some bights for Jan. The show tonight there will be a newlywed so hopefully she will want to fill her kitchen and book a show.

Ok...am I missing somethingWhy not run a report for all of your stoneware buyers and call them up to say stoneware is on sale in January - great time to host. That's how I've been getting my bookings.

:love:
chefmeg said:
As usual, great advice, Ann :chef:

Thanks, Meg, I love you:love: :chef: !!!!
Great ideas on here that I am going to "steal"!!! :angel: I would like a more full January than I have so I have to get my keester on the phone!!! I never thought of the obvious....calling the stoneware people (V8 moment!!) and also promoting the booking benefit of having a booking from a Feb. party too!! You ladies and gents ROCK!!!

baychef said:
:love:

Thanks, Meg, I love you:love: :chef: !!!!
Great ideas on here that I am going to "steal"!!! :angel: I would like a more full January than I have so I have to get my keester on the phone!!! I never thought of the obvious....calling the stoneware people (V8 moment!!) and also promoting the booking benefit of having a booking from a Feb. party too!! You ladies and gents ROCK!!!

If that's the part of your anatomy that you're phoning with, I think I've figured out your booking problem. :p

Good one Rae!:p Maybe that's my problem too.

Here is another idea to get bookings for January. Tell your potential hosts that you will give a piece of cookware (12" skillet) to whoever has the highest show. This has really sparked an interest in my hosts when I have been making my 3-2-1 contacts. I have 6 shows so far for January. This is just a suggestion, I had some extra POR points and I got a (12" skillet). I hope you are able to get your bookings that you want. :chef:

1. How do I get people interested in booking parties in January?

One way to generate interest is to offer a special promotion or discount for parties booked in January. You can also emphasize the benefits of hosting a party in January, such as starting the new year with fun and friends, and getting a head start on holiday shopping. Another effective strategy is to reach out to past hosts and customers and remind them of the benefits of hosting a party, such as free products and discounts.

2. What are some creative ways to book parties in January?

One idea is to host a "New Year, New You" party where you focus on healthy cooking and meal prep for the upcoming year. You can also offer a themed party, such as a game night or a wine and cheese tasting, to make the event more enticing for potential hosts. Additionally, consider partnering with local businesses or organizations to host joint parties and reach a larger audience.

3. How can I make my January parties stand out?

One way to make your parties stand out is to offer exclusive products or deals that are only available to January hosts. This creates a sense of urgency and exclusivity for potential hosts. You can also incorporate a fun theme or activity, such as a cooking competition or a DIY project, to make the party more engaging and memorable.

4. What are some tips for following up with potential hosts in January?

Following up is crucial when it comes to January booking struggles. Be sure to personalize your follow-up and emphasize the benefits of hosting a party in January. You can also offer to help with planning and promoting the party, making it easier for the potential host. Additionally, make sure to follow up multiple times, as it often takes more than one contact to secure a booking.

5. How can I motivate my team to book parties in January?

One way to motivate your team is to set a group goal for January bookings and offer a reward for reaching it, such as a team outing or a special training session. Encourage healthy competition by recognizing and rewarding the team members who book the most parties in January. You can also offer training and resources to help your team overcome any booking struggles they may be facing.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lisacb77
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
lisacb77
  • timbimac
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
Replies