• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Share Your Best January/Feb Show and Booking Ideas

In summary, Karen Phelps suggests using a Romance Basket for January bookings. She suggests gathering different products in a basket, and then promoting it using expensive chocolates, movie gift cards, and restaurant gift cards.
since we were talking about SAT and some where excited because Jan is a good month for them... share you best booking tip for Jan and Feb. I want to have my team do a strong Jan. I know what works for me but I need lots of ideas to bombard... oh I mean inspire them with

pcjenni said:
I know what works for me but I need lots of ideas to bombard... oh I mean inspire them with

LOL! I love that!

I'd like to think of something too... I'm waiting to see what the actual FFA (free for all) is. Since I don't offer above and beyond what HO does (personal policy) I want to be creative with this. I'm thinking a host scavenger hunt or something like that...

January and August have been my best recruiting months in the past so off the top of my head, I'm thinking possibly something along the lines of intro shows???

I'll think more and post if I come up with anything. :) And I'm sure others are going to share lots of great ideas!!!

Well, actually - I just start telling my hosts in Oct & November that January is the very best month to host a show. I paint a picture that everyone here in MI recognizes. It's frigid cold, and it's snowing. Christmas is over, most of the local sports are winding down, and people are feeling the cabin fever in a big way, and looking for ANY Excuse to get out of the house and spend time with friends! A Pampered Chef Party is a great way to do that! We'll have some great comfort food, some great drinks, and everyone will have a chance to hang out and visit! (plus, in the past it's been 50% more in free product, which has helped...don't know about that yet for this year.)

Then, for my part, I ALWAYS use the January Host Letters. LOVE Those! It makes it simple for me to keep in touch with my January Hosts in the middle of the busy Christmas Season, and it keeps their show at the front of their brain during that time too. In the past three years, I have had only TWO January cancellations. I usually have 8-10 shows, and my sales are around $6000 each January (and that's a huge month for me!).

Chefbeckyd said:
Well, actually - I just start telling my hosts in Oct & November that January is the very best month to host a show. I paint a picture that everyone here in MI recognizes. It's frigid cold, and it's snowing. Christmas is over, most of the local sports are winding down, and people are feeling the cabin fever in a big way, and looking for ANY Excuse to get out of the house and spend time with friends! A Pampered Chef Party is a great way to do that! We'll have some great comfort food, some great drinks, and everyone will have a chance to hang out and visit! (plus, in the past it's been 50% more in free product, which has helped...don't know about that yet for this year.)

Then, for my part, I ALWAYS use the January Host Letters. LOVE Those! It makes it simple for me to keep in touch with my January Hosts in the middle of the busy Christmas Season, and it keeps their show at the front of their brain during that time too. In the past three years, I have had only TWO January cancellations. I usually have 8-10 shows, and my sales are around $6000 each January (and that's a huge month for me!).

That about sums up what I say also & it works! :woohoo:

I am in sunny So Cal so the firgid thing works against me.. when it rains or gets cold (snow here) then no one wants to leave the house because it is inconvenient. For my personal business I work the "extra free" angle.

Karen Phelps suggests using a Romance Basket for January bookings. I've tried it before and it works very well.

Gather different products in a basket. I try to hit the after x-mas sales @ bath & body works. Obviously get something that doesn't have holiday print on it. I place the bath items along with expensive chocolates and anything else I find. Movie gift cards, resturant gift cards and so on. You want the basket value to be around $100+. I might have a $100 value but after my bargain shopping I haven't spent near that. (Karen suggests wine glasses/bottle wine and so on).

Then, you promot it at all your shows. She says to bring it with you, but I usually make a flier with a pic of it. You tell your host that the host with the highest amount in sales (Jan 1 - through xx-you pick the date) will get the basket. I deliver it by Feb. 14th for them to enjoy on Valentine's Day.

It's fun to see how competitive the host get. Plus, your first host in Jan wants to have high sales to set the bar high.

I LOVE this idea!!!! It would be fun to fill with some PC products... our wine glasses (2), wine bottle opener, dripless pourer, some of our chocolate sauces... This sounds really fun!!!

I love that idea!

For the last 6 years, I have done a special drawing for my January hosts. Simply have your guest list to me, complete with 40 names/numbers by December 15th and go into a drawing for a BIG prize. I've used cookware, SS bowls, DCB etc....this year, I picked up a Small Knife Block set from my September Host Appreciation...so that is what they will go into the drawing for.

Usually a 1 in 12 chance and they HAVE to have their show on the scheduled date in order to be in the drawing.

Here's the flyer I've used.

View attachment flyer, January host giveaway 2010.doc

1. What is the purpose of "Share Your Best January/Feb Show and Booking Ideas"?

The purpose of this forum is for members to share their creative and successful ideas for shows and bookings during the months of January and February. This can include promotions, themes, special events, or any other strategies that have worked well for their business during this time of year.

2. Who can participate in "Share Your Best January/Feb Show and Booking Ideas"?

This forum is open to all members of the community, including performers, event planners, and business owners. Anyone with experience or ideas related to shows and bookings in January and February is welcome to share and contribute to the discussion.

3. How can I share my ideas in "Share Your Best January/Feb Show and Booking Ideas"?

To share your ideas, simply post a new thread in the forum with a clear title and detailed description of your idea. You can also comment and respond to existing threads to engage in further discussion with other members.

4. Are there any rules or guidelines for participating in "Share Your Best January/Feb Show and Booking Ideas"?

As with all forums, we ask that members follow our community guidelines and be respectful towards others. Please refrain from spamming or promoting your own business excessively. Additionally, please make sure your ideas are relevant and specific to the topic at hand.

5. How can I benefit from "Share Your Best January/Feb Show and Booking Ideas"?

By participating in this forum, you can gain valuable insights and inspiration from others in the community. You may also discover new and effective strategies for improving your shows and bookings during the slower months of January and February. It's a great opportunity to share and learn from others in the industry.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sarahsellcm
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
fruit76loop
  • almondfarm
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • cincychef