• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director First Show Back and 3 Bookings!

In summary, the conversation revolved around a person's first show back after maternity leave, where they felt rusty and not their best. However, they were able to secure three bookings for October by offering homemade treats and additional free product incentives. The conversation also touched upon a recipe for pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, and the absence of a team member who had potential but is no longer working. Overall, the person was congratulated on their successful comeback and welcomed back to business.
OhmyDLM
Silver Member
Ok, so I did my first show back tonight since what feels like an eternity of maternity leave. I was so rusty and wasn't even funny... I can so see why I need to practice what I preach to my team by doing those two shows a week not matter what. It keeps you in a routine and comfortable in your presentation... I was so scatter brained tonight and I didn't walk away from it feeling like I'd done the best I could do. I'll work on that!

On a more positive note, I got three bookings tonight for OCTOBER! Just wanted to share what I did, it was pretty simple. I didn't have any other cooking shows on my calendar for this month other than this one so I knew I was in desperate need of some to book in close since the month ends in less than 3 weeks. I decided to bake up a batch of homemade pumpkin chocolate chip whoopie pies (A Maine specialty) and package them in Halloween goodie bags. I let everyone know if they booked a show in October with me tonight they would get the goodie bag with homemade treats and also an extra $$$value in free product when they close their show. Well the goodies and free product worked as I was shocked to have 3 book COOKING SHOWS in the next two weeks! YIPPIE! One of those bookings is also a recruit lead that I sent a recruiting packet home with.

Although my show was rusty and needed some work, and sales were very low due to my poor host coaching, the good news is, I DID GET BOOKINGS AND RECRUIT LEADS! Focus on the positive right :)

congrats Darcy!

Wow!! Great job! Congratulations on hopping back on that saddle.

And of course you must post the recipe for your Whoopie Cookies! Please!!

Congratulations! That's awesome Darcy! yes, please share the recipe!!:D

Woohooooooo!! Congratulations!!! Awesome job!

That's great, Darcy!! Welcome back to business!!! What a great way to start. You'll get back into the swing of things and feel comfortable with the shows again in no time. :)

Hey Darcy!!! Glad to see you back in the swing of things! I haven't heard from Carrie lately. Do you know if she is still at the same Army post?

Glad to have you back!

baychef said:
Hey Darcy!!! Glad to see you back in the swing of things! I haven't heard from Carrie lately. Do you know if she is still at the same Army post?

Glad to have you back!

I'm afraid I don't hear from Carrie anymore but she's still on my team email list so she's still getting all of my email training... she had so much potential so I'm so sad to see that she's not working anymore, or at least for now. I do know that her husband came home from the military and that's when she seemed to go away, so I'm not sure if she's still at the post. I'm sure she's enjoying some much needed time with him and the kids, however, I look forward to hopefully welcoming her back anytime soon!

pampmomof3 said:
Congratulations! That's awesome Darcy! yes, please share the recipe!!:D

Ask and you shall receive! Pumpkin chocolate chip cookies are pretty much a Fall staple here in Central/Northern Maine. My mother always made a big batch and then made a whoopie pie filling and sandwiched them together. For those of you who don't know what whoopie pies are, that's another New England treat... if you've never had them, then you really must try!!!

PUMPKIN COOKIES:

Mix 1 can pumpkin pie filling with:
2 tbls milk
2 cups granulated sugar
2 beaten eggs
1 cup vegetable oil

Then add:
4 cups white flour
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups chocolate chips

Use the medium or large scoop (depending on how big you want your whoopie pies to be) onto large rectangle stone. Bake at 375 degrees for 10-15 minutes. If you use the medium scoop it should make about 5 dozen.

Whoopie Pie Filling:

1/2 cup shortening
2 cups powdered sugar
2 egg whites
1 tsp vanilla
pinch salt

Cream shortening. Add 1 cup sugar and mix. Add egg whites and vanilla and mix together. Add remaining cup of sugar and salt and mix. Spread on 1/2 of the cookies and top with remaining cookies to make sandwiches.

HINT: We ALWAYS double the frosting recipe to make really full whoopie pies, no better way to have them!!!

OhmyDLM said:
I'm afraid I don't hear from Carrie anymore but she's still on my team email list so she's still getting all of my email training... she had so much potential so I'm so sad to see that she's not working anymore, or at least for now. I do know that her husband came home from the military and that's when she seemed to go away, so I'm not sure if she's still at the post. I'm sure she's enjoying some much needed time with him and the kids, however, I look forward to hopefully welcoming her back anytime soon!

I too can not figure out why she faded so far away when her husband returned. I know some of the soldiers are having difficult adjustments when they return, but I have no idea if this was the case.

I really like Carrie and if I do run across her, I will let you know.

What is a "First Show Back"?

A "First Show Back" is a term used by Pampered Chef consultants to refer to the first party they host after taking a break from their business. It is an important event as it allows consultants to reconnect with previous customers and kickstart their business again.

Why is it important to have 3 bookings for a "First Show Back"?

Holding 3 bookings for a "First Show Back" is important because it ensures a successful start to your business after a break. These bookings serve as a foundation for future parties and allow you to reach a wider audience.

How can I get 3 bookings for my "First Show Back"?

There are several ways to secure 3 bookings for your "First Show Back". You can reach out to previous customers and offer them incentives to host a party, ask friends and family to host a party, or attend networking events and connect with potential hosts. You can also utilize social media to promote your party and reach out to a larger audience.

What are some benefits of having 3 bookings for my "First Show Back"?

Having 3 bookings for your "First Show Back" not only ensures a successful start to your business, but it also helps you build a strong customer base. These parties can lead to future bookings and referrals, increasing your sales and helping you grow your business.

What should I do after securing 3 bookings for my "First Show Back"?

After securing 3 bookings for your "First Show Back", it is important to stay organized and communicate with your hosts to ensure a successful party. Follow up with your hosts to confirm the details and discuss any special requests or dietary restrictions. You can also start promoting the parties to generate excitement and increase attendance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefBeckyD
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
PCJenni
  • Dina Atnip
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • pamperedbecky