• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Hosting My First Show: What Should I Expect?

In summary, the host offers recipes with meat, and expects guests to be themselves, but is open to suggestions.
Dina Atnip
Gold Member
No I am not being mean this is just my first man hosted:clap: show, so I am not sure what I should expect. I am offering the same recipes and I will be myself I just wonder if I should do anything differently. I would appreciate any help. I want to make sure I get bookings from this show or a recruit.

I hope your recipes have meat in them. Whenever my husband is having the guys over I have to make recipes with lots of meat in them. Totally different than when I have my friends over.
This is an interesting topic.

Don't assume anything. I think you're on track. I had a guy host a very good show. He later did a catalog show. He thought about consulting. Men like knives so be sure to talk about them. Also, he is probably inviting men and women. You will likely get asked about how many male consultants there are.

Definitely ask him for input, what he would like to see, what his guests might be more into. Men are usually more into the tools and neat things they can do with them more than the decorative and serving ware.

Funny that this came up. I talked to an outside order guest today and she mentioned that her husband does all of the cooking and that he wasn't opposed to hosting a show sometime. I mentioned a "Battle of the Sexes" theme and that seemed to not appeal to her. There used to be a show on MTV, I think, back in the day called "The Man Show." Time to do a little hunting on CS for ideas besides grilling and Battle of the Sexes that would appeal more to men.

I'm so glad this came up too! Just got off the phone with an outside order guy and this thread gave me the courage to ask him if he wanted to do a "Man Show". He's going to ask his buddies and let me know! He's really interested in the host benefits. Would LOVE to get into the "man" market!

Maybe grill pan & rubs? Let them try a few different ones???

If the crowd is right, they'll have fun "rubbing the breasts" ... LOL

Someone needs her husband to come back.

He was just here for a month! But yes, ready to have him back full time. 22 months down, 6 to go! ;)

1. What is the first thing I should do when planning my first show?

The first thing you should do when planning your first show is to research your target audience and determine what type of event will appeal to them. This will help you choose the right venue, theme, and entertainment for your show.

2. How do I find a suitable venue for my show?

You can find a suitable venue for your show by researching different event spaces in your area and considering factors such as size, location, and cost. It may also be helpful to visit the venue in person to get a better idea of the space and its amenities.

3. What should I expect in terms of budget for my first show?

The budget for your first show will depend on various factors, such as the venue, entertainment, and marketing costs. It is important to create a budget and stick to it to avoid overspending. Consider seeking sponsorships or partnerships to help offset some of the costs.

4. How can I effectively promote my first show?

You can effectively promote your first show by utilizing social media, creating flyers or posters, and reaching out to local media outlets. Collaborating with influencers or partnering with other businesses or organizations can also help increase promotion and reach a wider audience.

5. What should I expect on the day of the show?

On the day of the show, you should expect a mix of excitement and nerves. Make sure to arrive early to set up and prepare for any last-minute tasks. Be prepared for any unforeseen challenges and have a backup plan in place. Most importantly, remember to enjoy the experience and have fun!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AJPratt
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
AJPratt
  • Bren706
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • jross93