• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

No Firm Bookings for Last Several Shows - Agh!

In summary, Erin is having a tough time booking her last few shows. She does not seem to be doing anything wrong, but she is feeling discouraged. She has been doing this for 5 months and has only been able to get 2 bookings. One woman was thinking about booking, but ultimately would not do so. She is offering 20% off a batter bowl to anyone who books a show next month. She is also using her customer care calls to try and get another show. She is throwing one-liners about booking in her demo, selling the products, bragging about her $1,000,000 home and kitchen, and asking when they want to book.
erinhoward
Okay, I have had no firm bookings for my last several shows. Talk me off a ledge here - I am feeling very discouraged.

At my first show in January, I got 2 bookings. 2nd show, 1 booking but the woman emailed the next day to cancel, I think she had a weird dynamic with her husband and he didn't want her to do it. 3rd, 4th, 5th shows NO bookings, although I did get a few people who said I could call them in a few months after they moved into their new house and so on. 1st show in Feb no bookings, but that one was weird for several reasons that weren't my fault so I"m almost not counting that one.

Tonight I thought I had a great show - chocolate martinis and microwave chocolate velvet strawberry cake, crowd mostly in their 20s but some older (50ish) people, they loved the martinis and were wowed by the cake being done so fast, I gave helpful tips... but out of 8 people who ordered no bookings, 1 woman was thinking about it but ultimately wouldn't do it.

I always do the booking slide, and I always ask every single person at checkout if they want to book. I have also started bringing products related to current or upcoming host specials and talking about them during the show, and mentioning that they will be a host special. (Before I was doing that only if they were a part of the recipe, now I do it either way).

I'm getting really discouraged. I've only been doing this for 5 months and I'm a pretty laid back person so I'm not someone who is going to dazzle people just by the force of my charisma into booking a show :) but I'm pretty sure I'm not doing anything weird. Maybe I am just having a bad streak? Like a baseball player in a slump?

HI Erin,

Hang in there~ The best tip we got at Spring Launch was to turn the NO into a path to success. Don't be afraid to ask them no not now or not ever. They may share WHY they said no and you could have a solution.

Also don't forget to ask for the referral. The may not be interested but I bet some could refer you to someone that is. Remember it is just a game of numbers....your streak will turn around. You are just getting all the no's out of the way now. :)

If what you're doing isn't working - change what you're doing!

For me - even though people love desserts when I demo them, I seem to NEVER get bookings from dessert shows.

When I do a show where I show them how they can use the Magic Pot to make a dinner that will be done in less than 30 minutes, and for less than $2 a serving - THEN they want to book!

I also use booking coupons (if you type in booking coupons in the file section you'll find them) to let people know about all of the benefits of booking a party.

And use your Customer Care calls...either Morning After Calls, or at the VERY least, Out-of-the-Box calls. A door may open that wasn't apparent at the show, or someone has thought about it some more.

Are you offering them anything for booking? That always seems to work for me. I certainly didn't need it when I hosted because I knew about getting all of the FREE products, but some people really need that extra PUSH. :) I have one more day on my Feb calendar & I am offering 20% off a batter bowl (random, I know, but people LOVE them!). In March, I have highlighted my available days and I am offering a new Spring product if they book. Something small & simple - probably a Season's Best or new rub. (or ice scoop since I have 2!) My daughter always says I am bribing them, but I say "whatever works!!!" :) LOL

Are you throwing one-liners about booking in your demo? Are you selling the products by painting a picture in their minds that shows them they can't live without the stuff, and creating a wish list that's bigger than their wallet? Are you bragging the objection during your show? Meaning, the host has a $1,000,000 home and a kitchen to match, make sure you mention during the show that while this kitchen is fabulous, you can do shows anywhere.

Also, when doing your full service checkout, consider asking when they want to book, rather than asking if they want to book.

Dot I like your idea about offering a new spring product. I have a show next Fri and would like some more days for March. I just signed a new recruit today who was a past hostess 2 weeks ago and gave her all her bookings from her show, plus another because she works with the girl. They are all the same circle. SO I am out 3 shows that as of yesterday were mine. THanks for the great idea!

Do the full service checkout - tell them ahead you are going to ask them to book, about the opportunity, and if they want a copy of tonight's recipe.

You say that you're asking everyone. What do you say when they say no? I've found that people often think booking a show means that they have to do that in the next couple of weeks. I always ask, "Does that mean "No, never ask me again," or "No, not right now"?If they tell me it's not right now I ask, "Are you thinking a couple of months from now or a year and a half from now? The reason I ask is that if we get you on the calendar in the next six months [host's name] will be rewarded." This works for me, in that I find out what that guest is really thinking.

I find if I just ask "Would you like to book a show?" The majority will say no. Instead, I say something like "Would you like to benefit from the awesome host specials in March or April?" I went from getting no bookings to getting several at each show. If someone says no, I ask, no not now? or no not ever? If they are on the fence, I ask if I can follow up with them and when would be a good time to call.

I love that idea of saying "would you like to take advantage of the host specials?"I am trying to do more of the "painting word pictures" - focusing on the benefits of how someone would actually use the tool, not just reciting the features. Need to continue working on that!I have thought of offering something free or discounted, but I want to do that very sparingly because then people come to expect it, and I feel like I do know a lot of consultants who are very successful without giving those incentives. I do have 2 catalog shows, 1 bridal shower and 1 school fundraiser in March so I'm not desperate to book right now, but I don't want this "no booking" thing to become a habit!ChefBeckyd, I agree that dessert shows aren't as good, I try to avoid them or to do a dessert as an extra if there are a lot of people. But this host really didn't want to do any of the main dishes that I suggested to her and this crowd was mostly singles or young marrieds who are more interested in entertaining that in family cooking.Thanks for the advice and encouragement everyone!

I don't offer anything extra. As you mentioned, it becomes the standard and everyone will come to expect it. I randomly mention throughout the show the host rewards. I listen to the crowd. If a guest raves about our Mixing Bowls, then follows up with how she can't get it....I'll tell her, "sounds like you need to host a show. You can get it free or 1/2 price. Not to mention, you'll get the awesome host special at 60% off." I wait til full service checkout to see what she thought.

If someone is loving an item that I know is a host special, I also mention how she needs to book in March so she can get that Bamboo Grinder set at 60% off, plus some matching pieces for free or half price.

If someone is having a blast, I mention how easy and fun our shows are. "You should get your friends and family together and earn some free goodies for yourself. We can have a soup and slippers show, or margaritaville."

I do this throughout the show, waiting for those "red flags" and then personalize it to their needs/wants.

I don't push during the show....by the end, everyone has heard some snippet of the host rewards. I follow up at FSCO with each one, and then mention all the host rewards available to them.

HTH

When they say no I don't really push. If they say maybe or "not right now" I ask if I can follow up. Guess I can work on the "NO never or no not right now" thing.Great suggestions Laurie, thanks.

You are most welcome. When someone says no, I tell them that I appreciate their honesty, and that perhaps they'd be more interested in an online catalog show. I tell them it's easy, that they evite everyone they know and their friends from near and afar can shop, order AND pay online. The best part is that they'll still be eligible for all the host rewards...free goodies and big discount. Most like the idea of the online show.

raebates said:
You say that you're asking everyone. What do you say when they say no? I've found that people often think booking a show means that they have to do that in the next couple of weeks. I always ask, "Does that mean "No, never ask me again," or "No, not right now"?

If they tell me it's not right now I ask, "Are you thinking a couple of months from now or a year and a half from now? The reason I ask is that if we get you on the calendar in the next six months [host's name] will be rewarded."

This works for me, in that I find out what that guest is really thinking.

When you say that the host will be rewarded- what do u do for this?
I see people say this alot. Is it just that they're allowed to get the host specials at their guests show? Or do u offer another booking incentive for your hosts?

Since signing up I have noticed that many friends are saying "Oh- I'll book off so-and-so's show"
I think other companies have specific booking qualifications or something.
I remember when i hosted a Slumber Party awhile back I was offered ANYTHING in the catalog if 3 people booked that night.
i got 2 bookings and was tryin to get a 3rd real bad but no one bit.
Was looking at the most expensive item in the catalog to try and get moneys worth- but didn't really wanna get the swing anyway ;)

It's the official PC past host benefit I'm referring to. I make reference to that when I talk about bookings. There was a time that the host got extra points (back when they got points instead of $) for every booking. Whatever the reward, people know that bookings usually help hosts of most DS shows.

1. What does "No Firm Bookings for Last Several Shows - Agh!" mean?

"No Firm Bookings for Last Several Shows - Agh!" means that the host of the last several shows has not confirmed any future bookings with the consultant. This can make it difficult for the consultant to plan and schedule future shows.

2. Why is it important for consultants to have firm bookings for their shows?

Firm bookings are important because they provide a sense of security and stability for the consultant's business. They also help the consultant plan and prepare for future shows, ensuring a successful and consistent income.

3. How can I encourage hosts to make firm bookings for their shows?

One way to encourage hosts to make firm bookings is by offering incentives or rewards for booking future shows. You can also emphasize the benefits of hosting a show, such as earning free products and having a fun social event with friends.

4. What should I do if I have no firm bookings for my last several shows?

If you have no firm bookings for your last several shows, it's important to reach out to past hosts and customers to remind them of the benefits of hosting a show. You can also try networking and reaching out to new potential hosts to secure future bookings.

5. How can I avoid having no firm bookings for my shows in the future?

To avoid having no firm bookings for your shows in the future, it's important to have a solid follow-up system in place. Keep in touch with past hosts and customers, and always be on the lookout for new potential hosts. It's also important to provide excellent customer service and a great experience at each show to encourage future bookings.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • megara2688
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
pcsharon1
  • purpleluvs3
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies