• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Solution for January...if You Want the Tablecloth (Jan. 1-9!)

In summary, the show you listed for yourself is commissionable and you get the same amount of free product as the other hosts.
sklay723
Gold Member
I wanted to share this idea in case anyone else is needing it...

I'm a relatively new consultant, and I am working on building my business. If you book and submit a party between January 1 and 9, you earn a free tablecloth...the cranberry weave pattern like the kitchen towels, and it has the logo embroidered on the side (sorry if I'm just rehashing what everyone already knows...just thought I would mention that in case someone hadn't found out about it yet).

Anyway, most of my January bookings are happening in the second half of the month...after the holidays and getting back into the swing of things, most hosts don't seem interested in holding a party that first week. THEREFORE I'm taking matters into my own hands so that I can earn my tablecloth!!!

I am going to have an open house on Sunday, January 6th, right here in my home. I'm keeping my kids here with me since my DH is working that day. It's going to be from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. so that people (friends, neighbors, family) can stop by whenever it's convenient for them. I'm going to have some sort of a special for anyone who attends (10% off one item, or something like that...something that I can reasonably cover with my commission and still come out ahead), and I'll think of something I can use as a major drawing prize (either a gift certificate or a food chopper or something). And I'm going to have stations set up around my kitchen and dining room. For example, one station will be my food chopper. I'll probably have peanuts or something for people to try chopping up (something cheap, but something that shows the capacity of the product). The next station will be my citrus press or my garlic press. The next station will be my ultimate mandoline. While people are doing that, I'll also have something simple baking (cookies on a stoneware piece, or SOMETHING easy and cheap.

The best part is that since it's MY party I can book as the "consultant and host" and get the host benefits, which for January are fantastic...extra money for products!!!

The show, once I have it all lined up and prepared, will be called my NEW YEAR, NEW KITCHEN, NEW YOU show.

Anyone else have ideas that they would like to share???

Great ideas. Your off to a fantastic start with your business and for the new year! Good luck and much success to you

Here is an idea since you will have your kids and others might have theirs. Set up a small table with some of the kid friendly tools and some playdough. The kids will be happy using stuff while you are able to answer any questions or help with any products. If you make your own playdough ahead of time, then it won't be that costly. You can let the kids use the my safe cutter, baker's roller, creative cutters, and any other tools you think will work.
Here is the recipe I love to make.Kool-Aid Playdough 2 cups flour
1 cup table salt
2 Tablespoons oil
2 cups water
4 Tablespoons cream of tartar
2 packages unsweetened Kool-AidMix all ingredients in a large microwaveable bowl. Microwave, on high, for 1 minute, and mix thoroughly. Microwave again on high, mix, until dough has thickened. Once all the dough is cooked, turn out onto a counter and knead until smooth. Cool, kneading occasionally.Just an idea. Have fun!!

Great ideas! If I don't get any catalog show takers to close out before Jan 9th, I plan to offer an "After Christmas Sale" or maybe I'll call it a New Years sale/customer appreciation sale to hopefully catch anyone wanting to spend some Christmas money. I'll just run it for two weeks. I'll be gone for the first week of that, so hopefully when I get home, I'll have at least $150 in orders waiting for me!!:)

I think that is a wonderful idea, but if it were me I would put the party in somebody else's name because if you are the consultant and host you don't get as much in free product. Just use a family members name.

Other than that it sound like a great idea.

That's not true, you get the same amount in free product, you just don't make commission on yourself.

Okay so if I'm hosting as a consultant why does it show commissionalble sales at the top of the PP3 page if I don't get them? It doesn't ever show the Past Host bonus since that isn't commissionable but it does show it in the show I have listed for myself. Does this question make sense? Does HO deduct or not count this after they get and process the show?

You get commission on the guest sales from the show - you just don't get commission on anything you buy using the host discount.

You also don't get booking benefits.

Okay! That clears things up! Thanks so much!

Geekgirl69 said:
That's not true, you get the same amount in free product, you just don't make commission on yourself.

I had just wanted it known that you get the same amount of product because I had hosted a show that was 1460 commissionable and I got 315 in free products. So even tho I did add to the order (the half-price and host special) I got plenty for free under MY own name.

You don't commission on half-price or monthly specials for any show.

We talked on another thread about doing a Stoneware sale (Thanks Colleen) since it is the Guest Special and sending and email out to your contact list then making follow up calls.

I think I'm going to do this and direct people to my website so maybe they will order more.

I offered a free $15 item of the host choice to the first person to book and submit from Jan 1-9. I already have someone booked for the 7th! I am so excited. I really want that tablecloth. She sis hooting for at least a $500 show for the additional FPV, so, I will end up paying only 11.25 for the item and then make commission off that so end the end only around $10/11/

If she flakes on me I will have to take drastic measures, HAHAH!!!!!:D

I had a lady in October book for Jan. 4th! I was pretty surprised, but she was all over that date! She booked before we even knew about the Apron special. I'm pretty excited about that. I also have a Bridal Expo on the 6th so it is possible that I could have orders from that (I won't hold my breath for it though, but it could happen).

Just a suggestion regarding having people try out your food chopper and mandoline. I had a mandoline demo station at my open house and used potatoes, super cheap for a bag and they are pretty easy to slice on the mandoline. (If you have the apple/peeler/corer, that is a good one to show off with potatoes too!) :chef:

Thank you!!!Thanks everyone for the great ideas!!! I can't wait to have a GREAT January. December has pretty well slowed down with the holidays approaching so quickly, but January will be wonderful. :)

Make sure that the invitation says that kids are welcome.

I'm calling everyone I know about the SA heart dish. If I can sell 15 of them, there's a show right there.

Not trying to be Di Downer ... but here are my concerns about my own show that week ....• I had TWO grand opening shows ... barely enough to form ONE show ... and that was after I sent out an e-mail to EVERYONE seeking orders.• I am trying to put in a show this week to have 2 for December ... sent out another e-mail to EVERYONE ...but so far I only have $50 in orders ... if Ex-hostess comes through then I MAY have enough but I'll have to buy something myself to make it qualify. (At least one would be a Christmas gift!)Soooooo ... if I have Show 3 then I'm really concerned that I won't have enough to put it in unless, again, I bail it out! It can get expensive in a hurry!
I offered a free $15 item of the host choice to the first person to book and submit from Jan 1-9.
Me likey!Does anyone know if it has to be IN by the 9th ... I know some people drag their feet when it comes to payment!

Yes, the fine print on that promo says that the show has to be held AND SUBMITTED by Jan. 9 to earn the tablecloth. Actually, HO has started mixing it up with submission deadlines for January and February - make sure you read all the fine print on the flyers. January shows must be submitted in January to count for the bonus trip points; February shows for double points must be HELD AND SUBMITTED by Feb. 14; the 2 shows Feb. 15-29 for HWC host item must be submitted by Feb. 29.

I like the Kool-Aid Playdough idea. I added this line at the end of the recipe-- "Tools for fun: Baker’s Roller, Pastry Mat, Pastry Blender, Creative Cutters Set, Nylon Pan Scrapers, Stainless Steel Scoops"

I think above it says you don't make commission on hostess orders. As I understand you do make commission on the discounted products they choose but not the hostess special, 1/2 items or FREE items. True?

You are correct, Julie. We don't earn anything on the free, half-price or bonus items, but do get paid on the discounted remainder.

Open HouseChecking back in on this thread...I sent out my invites at the end of December...they turned out pretty cute, so if I get time later I'll post a pic of it up. :) So far I've heard from four people who said they're definitely stopping by, three others who said they are 90% sure they'll be here, even if it's just a little while. I've heard from two people who can't make it (work and family commitments).
Now comes the hectic part...I've started cleaning my house (at this rate I'll be ready for an open house in 2009). I'm working on my demo stations, so that I will have little signs at each one with the item(s) being used and the page number they're on in the catalog. I got a trifle bowl from last month's host special that a host didn't want to take advantage of, and that's my grand prize for the door prizes. I'm also going to offer a $10 gift certificate (redeemable with this order...basically I'll just use some of my "free" dollars, so it's not out of my pocket), a large serving spatula (from my starter kit, since I already had one before becoming a consultant), a set of small bamboo spoons, and a slice and serve leftover from a customer's order who changed her mind about wanting it.
I'm offering door prize tickets for different things...3 tickets for attending, 2 for bringing a friend, 2 for BEING that friend, 5 for booking a party sometime in the next three months (commitment requested), and 1 for every $10 in product purchased.
Any suggestions on what else I should do to prepare for this? This is probably a silly question, but what would the proper attire be for me? Dress up (business-ish, like for a nice show), or dress casual (like most of my guests will)? Also, if you could offer ANY three fun and yummy recipes, which ones would you offer as a "take-home" sheet?

sklay723 said:
Checking back in on this thread...I sent out my invites at the end of December...they turned out pretty cute, so if I get time later I'll post a pic of it up. :) So far I've heard from four people who said they're definitely stopping by, three others who said they are 90% sure they'll be here, even if it's just a little while. I've heard from two people who can't make it (work and family commitments).
Now comes the hectic part...I've started cleaning my house (at this rate I'll be ready for an open house in 2009). I'm working on my demo stations, so that I will have little signs at each one with the item(s) being used and the page number they're on in the catalog. I got a trifle bowl from last month's host special that a host didn't want to take advantage of, and that's my grand prize for the door prizes. I'm also going to offer a $10 gift certificate (redeemable with this order...basically I'll just use some of my "free" dollars, so it's not out of my pocket), a large serving spatula (from my starter kit, since I already had one before becoming a consultant), a set of small bamboo spoons, and a slice and serve leftover from a customer's order who changed her mind about wanting it.
I'm offering door prize tickets for different things...3 tickets for attending, 2 for bringing a friend, 2 for BEING that friend, 5 for booking a party sometime in the next three months (commitment requested), and 1 for every $10 in product purchased.
Any suggestions on what else I should do to prepare for this? This is probably a silly question, but what would the proper attire be for me? Dress up (business-ish, like for a nice show), or dress casual (like most of my guests will)? Also, if you could offer ANY three fun and yummy recipes, which ones would you offer as a "take-home" sheet?
As far as dress goes I think you should do one step up from how your guests will be dressed.

One recipe that I would definitely include is the Warm Nutty Caramel Brownies. People love that one!

my suggestions...Don't forget to offer tickets for people who ask questions about the Business or TONS of tickets for people who join your Team!

I did an appetizer, light lunch/meal, and a dessert -- that went over well at my Open House in December.

For my Stoneware 101 Class, I am going to demo a recipe in each: Oven, Micro, and Freezer.

1. What is the "Solution for January" promotion all about?

The "Solution for January" promotion is a special offer from Pampered Chef that runs from January 1st to 9th. It features a tablecloth as the main product and includes other items at a discounted price.

2. How can I purchase the tablecloth and other items from the promotion?

You can purchase the tablecloth and other items from the "Solution for January" promotion by contacting your Pampered Chef consultant or by placing an order on our website.

3. Is the tablecloth available in different sizes and colors?

Yes, the tablecloth is available in different sizes and colors to fit your specific needs and preferences. Please consult with your Pampered Chef consultant for available options.

4. Can I still get the discounted price for the other items if I only purchase the tablecloth?

Yes, you can still get the discounted price for the other items even if you only purchase the tablecloth. However, we highly recommend taking advantage of the full promotion to get the best value for your money.

5. Is there a limit to the number of tablecloths I can purchase during this promotion?

There is no limit to the number of tablecloths you can purchase during the "Solution for January" promotion. However, availability may vary, so we encourage you to place your order early.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefannie
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
pamperedharriet
  • PChefPEI
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
lockhartkitchen
  • stefani2