• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Overcoming Booking Roadblocks: Tips for New Consultants

In summary, if someone says they have "almost everything" in the catalog point them out to the fact that PC comes out with new catalogs every September and March. If they are newly certified and looking for bookings, suggest that they reach out to the other consultant in their church. And finally, be sure to let people know that you are a new consultant and would love to learn more from them.
Vicks
Hi everyone!

I'm fairly new. I just signed in mid-July and I just qualified in mid-Aug. Now I'm struggling to secure bookings. And have found two things that seem to be "road blocks" for me.

The first one is "Oh I already have a ton of PC products." When I'm calling people I know (List of 100), I'm hearing this from A LOT of people. I just did a State Fair on Thurs, and I heard this 3/4 of the time from people we talked to, as well. Does anyone know how to come back and turn it into a booking when someone claims they have "almost everything in the Catalog" or have "a ton" already??? :confused: I know in my case, YEARS ago, I truly almost did have everything in the Catalog. Then PC came out with the Simple Additions. LOL So I know what it's like to own a LOT. In fact I did my first show with all my personal products because my kit hadn't arrived in time. lol

The second "road block" I'm coming across is having another Consultant who is VERY popular in my "circle of influence." Basically, we go to the same church, and she is the wife of one of the staff. She's very bubbly and outspoken/outgoing and I'm more relaxed and shy unless I really know the person. When I mention I just started blah, blah, blah wanna host a show, they immediately ask if I'm under this other gal (I'm not). We've got a large church, but I'm just finding that everyone I know has either hosted/attended a show she's done, or has already been hit up for a booking or order from her. Does anyone know how to overcome this obstacle too??? :confused:

It's just very frustrating when I'm constantly asked about this other person, because I'm just not a person that will compete or try to take away from her business. Being so new, I feel I don't have much to offer. I don't know, it's just frustrating and I need to figure out a way to overcome these two things and turn them into bookings!! I've been on the phone most of the day Friday and will do another cold call blitz today. Any advice is much appreciated!! :)
~Vicks

Vicks said:
Hi everyone!
I'm fairly new. I just signed in mid-July and I just qualified in mid-Aug. Now I'm struggling to secure bookings. And have found two things that seem to be "road blocks" for me.

The first one is "Oh I already have a ton of PC products." When I'm calling people I know (List of 100), I'm hearing this from A LOT of people. I just did a State Fair on Thurs, and I heard this 3/4 of the time from people we talked to, as well. Does anyone know how to come back and turn it into a booking when someone claims they have "almost everything in the Catalog" or have "a ton" already??? :confused:

The second "road block" I'm coming across is having another Consultant who is VERY popular in my "circle of influence." Basically, we go to the same church, and she is the wife of one of the staff. She's very bubbly and outspoken/outgoing and I'm more relaxed and shy unless I really know the person. When I mention I just started blah, blah, blah wanna host a show, they immediately ask if I'm under this other gal (I'm not). We've got a large church, but I'm just finding that everyone I know has either hosted/attended a show she's done, or has already been hit up for a booking or order from her. Does anyone know how to overcome this obstacle too??? :confused:

It's just very frustrating when I'm constantly asked about this other person, because I'm just not a person that will compete or try to take away from her business. Being so new, I feel I don't have much to offer. I don't know, it's just frustrating and I need to figure out a way to overcome these two things and turn them into bookings!! I've been on the phone most of the day Friday and will do another cold call blitz today. Any advice is much appreciated!! :)
~Vicks

Hi Vicks and welcome to PC. First of all when people say that they have "EVERYTHING" in the catalog point out to them that PC comes out with new products ever September 1st and March 1st. So unless they have just had a show since the new catalog came out they can't have "EVERYTHING" in the catalog. If there is something NEW that you are excited about share your excitement with them. It is easier to buy something from someone who is excited about it.

As far as the other consultant in your church, don't take this the wrong way but don't you know people who don't go to your church. I try not to take customers away from another consultant. I had it happen twice to me and I don't want to do it to anyone else. So try to find people who don't know her. Do you have a catalog purse?? If not I definately recommend that you get one they are $15 on the supply order and it is well worth it. People see it and ask "do you do Pampered CHef" I always say yes but inside of me I think...."no I just liked the purse". Anyway I hope that these ideas help you out a little and I am sure that some of the fellow cheffers can help you out more this is a great bunch of people on here.

Thanks Heidi!

I plan on getting the purse on my next supply order and I can't wait!

As far as knowing others, yes and no. I've always been a homebody, and don't hang out with friends a whole lot. I'm mostly involved with church stuff and homeschool groups/co-ops through our church. So the majority of people I know are either from my church or frequent it for the numerous clubs our kids go to. I absolutely don't want to take anyone away from the other Consultant, so I tread lightly on who I ask, because I know certain people already have a relationship with her in that way (these are mostly acquaintances). But at the same time, the people that I do know more personally, and are friends with, some have also dealt with her previously, as well.

I know, I need to branch out on who I know and such, but I've always been heavily involved with church groups (usually helping run it) and don't have much time for other things. Sad, I know. As far as family goes, it's my mom, brother and his wife and 2 teenaged sisters (17, 19). I do have online friends and have asked if any would do a catalog show through my PWS, as well as hubby's family that are out-of-state. So we'll see where that leads, too.

Thanks for the ideas! :)
~Vicks

Last edited:
Hey Vicks, welcome!!:love: You will like it here!
Ok, I kinda had that same problem, will your family be willing to help you ? Oh and something else, ask your family if they know anyone you dont know. When you contact them say"hi im ___ daughter/sister.. ect.."
Um if the girl who is also at your church is your upline or director, go to her and tell her the problem your having. I was having the same problem. I had a Open House, and got 3 bookings, and also my Director had a show she didnt have time for so she gave it to me. maybe she will have that same type of problem, or maybe if there is noone else she can refer you to people. If she is a director she should get leads from your area, and she could give some of those to you.
OK so in short, talk to her, see what she says, then when you call or talk to people to host a show, Be flat out honest, and say "will you help me please..."
If they have a heart, maybe they will help you. Because like she said, they cant possibly have EVERYTHING!! So try that.
HTH...:angel:

Those who say they already have lots or everything- how about something like this- why not host a show so that your friends who Don't have everything yet can get some of the same awsome things you have- and I don't know about you- but when my friends see all my great PC stuff they are always asking to borrow or Keep!! my stuff. It would be great if they could see a show wouldnt it?

just an idea.

friday

I recently had a host who had TONS of PC stuff. She actually was someone I'd never met prior - she was at a friend's workplace and saw one of my catalogs, and called me to host. Anyway, she was a fanatastic host. The thing she repeated to me often was "There is no such thing as having TOO much Pampered Chef!"

From her, I've learned to tell people who say they already have lots of PC, "Oh great! You'd make a great host! People usually have a lot of our products because they love them, and that excitement is what makes for fun and successful parties!"

I just did a show in August for a "Pampered Chef Junkie" as she calls herself. She has lots more than I do and I have lots. When the new catalog comes out, she is the first person that I send it to because she literally reads it from cover to cover. She loves having shows so that she can get more and she loves it when her friends book off of her so that she can host specials. So, I agree, tell them they would make great hosts because they can help make your job easier.

Another idea--we're heading into the holiday season--"Well, since you love PC so much, why not host and use your free products to jump start your holiday shopping--you can give all the wonderful things you love so much to your family and friends, and save money at the same time!"
Also, share recipes for some of the products/specials--every time I get a new recipe, it seems like I need a new item from the catalog--if they love/want to make the recipe, they'll want the products they need to cook it--push that Deep Dish Covered baker for October--the 10 minute pork loin is amazing, and I have booked 10 shows in October to hosts that want that baker at 60% off!

Two things: 1) if a person loves PC so much that they "have everything" then strongly suggest that they buy their favorite products for GIFTS! And, they can host and show and earn free and discounted products this season to offset their holiday costs coming up!

2) Often a person who "has everything" truly does love the product and may be a recruit lead. When you are new that's a bit tough to start a conversation with but you might say something like "if you like our products so much, you should sell Pampered Chef!"

Good luck...we all have our "road blocks" and it's always nice to hear how people work their way thru them.

b

Thanks so much everyone! I've started using the Holiday shopping line and it's got people thinking. I got 2 bookings so far, so I'm at least getting something! :D I appreciate all your input! :)
~Vicks

I would ask those same people that have everything for referrals. Ask them, who among the people they would love to get lots of free PC stuff. Get a number.

I agree
bethsbiz said:
Two things: 1) if a person loves PC so much that they "have everything" then strongly suggest that they buy their favorite products for GIFTS! And, they can host and show and earn free and discounted products this season to offset their holiday costs coming up!

2) Often a person who "has everything" truly does love the product and may be a recruit lead. When you are new that's a bit tough to start a conversation with but you might say something like "if you like our products so much, you should sell Pampered Chef!"

Good luck...we all have our "road blocks" and it's always nice to hear how people work their way thru them.

b

Someone who claims to have "everything" is a great recruit lead. I think the best way to approach them is,
"Since you love PC so much and have practically everything in the catalog, why don't you earn some extra cash selling PC part time while earning all the new items every 6 months for FREE! The start up cost is only $155 and that includes almost $500 worth of products you can use as gifts, if you already own some of them, plus the paperwork you need to get started. I have so much fun at my shows and I know you will too. Would you like me to help you get started?"

I think this makes a great spring board into recruiting for someone like this. As for competing with another consultant, I just recruited a good friend of mine from church and I am a member of a very small church. I kind of stood back and let her book shows from members, even though I could have used a show or two, so that she could get started strong. I really have been truthful with her about not relying completely on church members and family for her shows after a few months! I don't rely on them anymore, thank the Lord, because I know there are plenty of hosts out there if I just go out and find them. I have advertised and by word of mouth, my circle has grown. I sugguest you do the same. Don't think of it as competing either, she has been doing it longer so naturally she will have a loyal customer and host base at the church. Even at my small church where we are like family and would give the shirt off our backs to one another if we needed to, I have loyal customers and hosts. The person I recruited is my sister in Christ, but she understands that and is not offended in any way. You said she is outgoing so it's obvious everyone knows her as the PC lady at church. Instead of feeling like you are competing, just tell people who ask if you recruited under her that you did not because there are lots of PC people in the area. Remember you do have a lot to offer, you have your own personality and uniqueness in your own shows to offer.
Eventually you'll get a bite from these church people, especially if new people arrive. Be sure to offer who you are with a smile, not feeling like they are going to reject you just because someone else sells PC at your church too. Remember grow your social circle outside of church too.

Debbie :D

Last edited:
Having two PC people in the same circle is possible. Yes, you don't want to blantantly steal her customers but there's nothing wrong with telling people that you can also help them with their kitchen/gift needs.

I second that!Ask for referrals! THis is an excellent way to broaden your circle since we all know someone who loves to have shows. I have a good friend who said she didn't want to have a show, I asked for a referral and got a $750 show from it=and my friend now wants to book her own show!
Road blocks stink, but their is always a detour to take to reach your goal!
Good Luck!;)

What is a "Bookings Road Block"?

A "Bookings Road Block" is a term used in Pampered Chef to refer to a period of time when a consultant is struggling to get bookings for their parties or shows. It could be caused by a variety of factors such as a slow season, lack of hostess interest, or personal challenges that are preventing the consultant from actively seeking bookings.

How can I overcome a "Bookings Road Block"?

One way to overcome a "Bookings Road Block" is to focus on building relationships with potential hostesses and customers. Reach out to your network and offer incentives or special deals to encourage them to host a party. You can also ask for referrals from previous hostesses or team up with other consultants to co-host a party.

What are some strategies to prevent a "Bookings Road Block"?

To prevent a "Bookings Road Block," it's important to consistently work on your business and maintain a steady stream of bookings. This could include regularly reaching out to past hostesses and customers, utilizing social media to promote your business, and attending local events to network and find potential hostesses.

What support does Pampered Chef offer for consultants facing a "Bookings Road Block"?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of resources and support for consultants who may be facing a "Bookings Road Block." This includes training and tips on how to overcome challenges, a community of fellow consultants to offer advice and support, and tools such as customizable booking scripts and templates to help with reaching out to potential hostesses.

How can I turn a "Bookings Road Block" into a positive experience for my business?

A "Bookings Road Block" can be a great opportunity to evaluate and improve your business strategy. Take some time to reflect on what may have caused the road block and come up with new and creative ways to generate bookings. You can also use this time to focus on other aspects of your business such as customer retention and team building. Remember to stay positive and keep pushing forward, as every challenge presents an opportunity for growth and improvement.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kristanmary
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
KristinB1023
  • TheFreddiesCook
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
raebates
  • kdangel518