• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Overcoming Objections: Tips for Booking Success

In summary, the customer was glad that they were connected to a consultant and was excited to hear about the business opportunity that the consultant offered.
TheFreddiesCook
- you talk to someone about booking and they say they already have a consultant, or that they have already been to a show recently? I froze when someone said that, was not sure what to say, and I don't want that to hold me back from keeping asking people!!!

I usually respond along the lines of How wonderful! Who was the consultant? or Oh, great! What was your favorite out of the new products? and then continue as much as the contact wants to. It lets them know I'm not interested in poaching them from their consultant, but I'm not being rude either.

Being prepared for the possiblity of a response like that is half the battle. You know that you typically will get more "no's" than you will get yes, so being prepared with how to finish will help keep you from freezing.
HaVe a generic response that can fit a few scenarios too. Practice them.

Last edited:
I always tell them I'm glad they are connected to someone and as far as someone who has recently been to a show, I ask what the consultant did for her demo- I'm always wondering what others are making! LOL

I always congratulate them on their success in finding a consultant to tend to their PC shopping needs. I also give them my business card, just in case. You never know if this consultant is going to stick with the business.One of my newest customers is a result of the above conversation.

At a recent vendor event, one of the other vendors wandered over to my table. I asked the usual "are you familiar with pampered chef?", and she said yes, she has a consultant that she buys from. My initial thought was "great--I won't be selling to her", but I continued to be pleasant. When she found out that I lived locally (about 1 mile from her), she confessed that she really didn't have a consultant, it was someone she worked with years ago. She ended up giving me a $150 order, and has become a good customer since.

Sometimes people use that "I have a consultant" line as a defense so that they don't have to be pressured into listening to a sales pitch.

Whatever topic I'm approaching, I'll just refer them back to their consultant for hosting, signing up, etc. Phrases like: "The best way to get lots of your items off your wish list is to HOST a show. You should call your consultant and tell her you are ready to host!!!" or if they've already admitted to being addicted to the product I'll tell them "you should consider calling your consultant and talking to her about the business opportunity. Being a consultant is the best way to support your addiction to the product! I'm sure she'd be thrilled to have you on her team, but of course if she's not really interested in recruiting & building a team, you are always welcome to come join my team." I usually give them my business card & tell them "here, you can let her know who sent you to talk to her ..." I've actually sent a couple of people away from a booth with my recruiting info to go home & watch/read and instructions to call their consultant first ~ then me as a backup. It goes over well with anyone in ear shot who hears me too. I've had compliments from customers at the next booth for my ethics. ;)

Sheila - (or anyone else) - When you are talking to that person about hosting a show and doing it with their consultant, do you put them in as a booking for the current host, so she gets the booking benefit? (We know the booking follows the host.)

YES! I always tell them that the booking benefit follows the host, not me. :DETA: I say "if you *think* you might be interested in hosting a show with your consultant in the next 6 months, tell me. I can put you in as a booking under [host]. If you do follow through & host in the next 6 months, she can get something off your host flyer at 60% off. That benefit follows her, not me. So it still counts even if you host with your consultant."

I do the same thing as Sheila. I always make sure that someone who already has a consultant knows that the booking benefit follows the host, not the consultant. After all, I hope my customers will stay loyal to me.A wonderful side benefit of this is that people often come to me when their own consultant moves or leaves the business. As a matter of fact, a recent show guest planned to host with her husband's cousin. She called me a couple of days later and said that the cousin only does catalog shows, and she wants a live show. We've got her party scheduled.

1. What should I say when introducing myself at a party?

When introducing yourself at a party, it's always good to start with your name and a brief description of who you are. You can also mention something interesting about yourself or ask the other person a question to keep the conversation going.

2. How do I politely decline a sales pitch?

When declining a sales pitch, it's important to be honest and direct. You can say something like, "Thank you for the offer, but I'm not interested at this time." It's also helpful to give a reason for your decline, such as not needing the product or already having a similar item.

3. What is a good response to a compliment?

A simple "thank you" is always a good response to a compliment. You can also give a compliment in return or express your appreciation for the person's kind words.

4. How do I break the ice with someone I don't know?

One way to break the ice with someone you don't know is to ask a question about them or their interests. You can also share something about yourself or make a comment about your surroundings to start a conversation.

5. What should I say to someone who is grieving?

When someone is grieving, it's important to offer your condolences and show your support. You can say something like, "I'm so sorry for your loss. Please know that I am here for you if you need anything." It's also helpful to listen and offer comfort without trying to fix the situation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sueleeskitchen
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
sueleeskitchen
  • kristanmary
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
KristinB1023
  • Bren706