• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Can I Overcome Objections and Book More Shows?

In summary, the conversation is about overcoming objections in direct sales. The speaker has taken online training and attended workshops to improve, but still struggles with feeling pushy on the phone. They share a situation where they could have responded better to a customer's financial concerns and discuss ways to practice and improve. They also mention using a specific phrase to warm up customers and offer helpful solutions to their objections.
kdangel518
Gold Member
Ok, I've taken the online training. I've been to workshops. I am GETTING better at it, but I'm not there yet. I'm ok in person, but on the phone, forget it!

For example, was on the phone tonight, here's a situation for you...

I was asking this customer about booking a show, and she said "I'm going through some financial things right now and it would be tough to get everyone together..."

I KNOW I should have/could have said something like "I understand how you feel. A lot of my customers are going through the same thing, which is why our (Power Cooking or any other $2/serving meal) is so popular right now at cooking shows. I understand that you don't want you don't want your friends and family to feel pressured to buy anything, and I don't either. What do you say we just get them together for a fun night out and teach them a budget friendly recipe?"

It sounds so good in my head, I just can't get it out! I'm a bit better at overcoming objections in person, but I hate feeling pushy... though I know I'm not being pushy, just being helpful. I'm just not 100% convinced that they will see it that way!

I think part of the problem (call me crazy!) is that I live in New England and people here are VERY skeptical. Even if they've met you once before... it's like they're thinking "what do you want?" when you're on the phone with them. Ok, not EVERYONE is this way, but I feel like as a whole us New Englanders are not the hang around and chat on the phone to a direct sales consultant type of people.

It could be in my head:rolleyes:. Suggestions? TIA!:p

It sounds like you have the right answers to overcome objections- IMHO, you just need to be a little bold, in a kind, caring way, and say it out loud.

Your answer to her financial concerns was GREAT!!!

Once you've done it for a while, you will no longer be afraid to do it.

:)

Thanks Kacey-

Bumping, would love to hear more suggestions!

I think we feel that we are being pushy, but I don't think the customers see that. Sometimes something really is as good as it seems!

If I am feeling timid, I will just put them off to another time. "well, do you mind if I call you closer to Christmas when people are buying gifts?" or "I know all your friends have just been invited, how about I call you when the new catalogs come out in a few months?"I have a huge stack of people to call at any time. I might be creating work for myself but I hope one day those same people will say yes.

Kara, what you 'should have' said is perfect!! I might steal it. The only thing you have to do, then, is practice saying it out loud, over and over. Ask your husband to be the 'not right now' potentional host. Ask someone in your cluster to practice with you. Ask friends, neighbors, family members if they would help you practice (who knows, you might get an actual booking out of it!). Just keep practicing until it starts coming out naturally.

I just went to the files and typed in a search for objections. I found 2 different files with objections listened and how to answer them. I am going to put this in front of me when I am making calls so I have the answers right in front of me.

To follow up with this- I had a call with my director tonight, and she gave me some GREAT words to say to help with overcoming objections!To warm the customer up, after you've said "I understand how you feel, I've found a lot of my customers are going through that same thing right now..." (or whatever your wording is...) say something along the lines of "Can I tell you what I've been doing to help people right now in that situation?"WOW. This short sentence has HUGE impact to me. It asks for permission to continue, it tells the customer right off the bat that you are trying to be HELPFUL, not pushy, and it intrigues them b/c you're letting them know you have helpful info pertinent to their situation!I am SO using this next time I get an objection... this is going to be my new favorite sentence ;)

Those 'objections' files are good! Love the word choices. I also like what your director suggested, Kara.

Are you feeling like this has helped?

I feel that way all the time. I had a two catalog shows that were suppose to be in the bag. I finally got one back and was soo excited. People come through, it just takes time.

1. How can I address common objections when selling Pampered Chef products?

When facing objections, it's important to listen to the customer's concerns and empathize with them. Then, offer a solution or alternative that addresses their objection. For example, if a customer says they are on a tight budget, you can offer a payment plan or suggest a more affordable product. It's also helpful to highlight the benefits and features of the product to overcome any objections.

2. What are some common objections I may encounter?

Some common objections when selling Pampered Chef products may include price, perceived need or usefulness, and past experiences with similar products. Other objections may be related to concerns about the quality or effectiveness of the product, or doubts about the company or its reputation.

3. How can I effectively handle objections without being pushy or aggressive?

The key to handling objections without being pushy or aggressive is to remain calm and respectful. Avoid arguing with the customer or trying to force them to change their mind. Instead, listen to their concerns and offer helpful information or solutions. It's also important to be genuine and honest with the customer.

4. What if a customer has multiple objections?

If a customer has multiple objections, it's important to address each one separately. Take the time to listen to each concern and offer a solution or alternative for each objection. It may also be helpful to prioritize the objections and address the most important or pressing ones first.

5. How can I turn objections into opportunities to make a sale?

Objections can actually be a valuable opportunity to make a sale. When a customer expresses an objection, it means they are still interested in the product and considering making a purchase. Take the time to address their concerns and offer a solution that meets their needs. By addressing objections effectively, you can build trust with the customer and increase the chances of making a sale.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kristanmary
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
KristinB1023
  • kdangel518
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
cookinforyou
  • scottcooks