• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Responding to Bookings Objections

In summary, someone asked on another thread, about show guests who are adamant about not booking. I'm remembering from Nat.Conference that listening to reasons people might have for not booking, and having a possible alternative was the technique.
scottcooks
Gold Member
help me continue this: Someone asked on another thread, about show guests who are adamant about not booking. I'm remembering from Nat.Conference that listening to reasons people might have for not booking, and having a possible alternative was the technique. HELP CONTINUE THIS...

Kitchen too small - I can present on just a card table in your living room. I once did a show in a college dorm room on the top of the dresser, where everyone sat on the beds. It's more fun when everyone is closer together!

House/kitchen under remodel - Wow; that's terrific. Let's plan to book a time when your kitchen is done, to show off all that handiwork. Everyone would love to come admire your beautiful new space! Would you like to book a catalog show in the meanwhile so you can still receive host benefits?

Too busy - I appreciate your honesty. When things settle down a little, let's look at the possibility. May I call you in 3 months to check your calendar then?

Kids hectic schedules; husband wouldn't let me have people over - I would be willing to offer you my home for the event. I'm centrally located, and have had 12 very successful parties for other hosts at my home. Let's take a look at the calendar to see what could work.

Too much work/bother - consider co-hosting with someone, and you can split the host benefits with them. It could be at their house, maybe all you do is invite some people, and show up and write the other host a check for groceries and they do the shopping and cleaning.

Scott- yet again you blow me away with your wisdom!! What a great list of reasons to Have a show and change the person's mind.

We just had a family lose their home to a fire and I offered the other consultant who knows the family, the use of my home to host her show. That way the burned out family has a way to earn kitchen stuff for free vs paying full price without the hassle of finding a place.

I had a show last night of 14 when I asked about booking shows I was told they all have a rule only one show per year. How would you respond to that one? They are all family.

gidgetmarie said:
I had a show last night of 14 when I asked about booking shows I was told they all have a rule only one show per year. How would you respond to that one? They are all family.
Don't they all/each know other people? That's an interesting rule, but I'd be surprised if it actually happens.

One thing I say to potential hosts and I know to be true: nobody gets EVERYTHING they want at one show (unless they're made of money! :eek: ), so I've found that people add to their collections little by little. Plus, since our new catalogs come out with anywhere from 40-60 new products every 6 months, chances are there's something new that people will want.

That is what I said and the host was actually hoping to have a few of them agree to a show so she could spread her wish list out a little. BUt then at her show she agreed with the sisters that this is how they do things. I thought I would still follow up with a few of them periodically but I was kinda bummed by the response I got.

Smile, and say - Hmm-- it's my experience some rules are made to be broken! Kidding aside, let's plan for a year from now, and make it a mega-show - at least 3 different family members are hosts, with 12-15 guests, each.

Let's get back on topic, please! Give booking conflicts and suggestions to overcome them.

Good way to word that I will have to try it.

Thanks!

Here's something I learned on a responding to objections teleclass (as well as in Step up to Director training): you can't just throw out the response to the objection, because people will think that you're not taking it seriously. You need to let them know that you hear and understand their concern.C - Confirm the objection. Sometimes what they say is the problem isn't the whole story.
A - Acknowledge their feelings.
R - Respond to the objection with clarifying questions and information.
E - Extend the invitation again.That said, here's another one:
None of my friends cook. Do they entertain? We have lots of great tools to help prepare convenience foods, or to make entertaining a breeze.

1. How should I respond when a customer says they can't afford to host a party?

When a customer expresses concern about the cost of hosting a party, it's important to emphasize the benefits they will receive. Let them know that as a host, they will earn free products, discounts, and even half-priced items. Plus, hosting a party is a fun and social way to try new products and learn useful kitchen tips. You can also suggest splitting the cost with a co-host or hosting a smaller, more intimate party with just a few close friends.

2. What should I do if a customer says they don't have enough time to host a party?

If a customer says they are too busy to host a party, remind them that Pampered Chef parties are flexible and can be tailored to their schedule. They can choose a date and time that works for them, whether it's a weekday evening, weekend brunch, or even a virtual party. Hosting a party with Pampered Chef is also a great way to save time on meal prep and learn new time-saving techniques in the kitchen.

3. How can I respond when a customer says they don't have any friends who would be interested in hosting a party?

If a customer expresses concern about not having enough friends to host a party, remind them that Pampered Chef parties are not limited to just friends. They can invite family members, co-workers, neighbors, or anyone else they know who loves cooking or wants to improve their kitchen skills. Additionally, hosting a party is a great way to make new friends and connect with others who share a passion for cooking and entertaining.

4. What if a customer says they have already hosted a party in the past and don't want to do it again?

If a customer has already hosted a Pampered Chef party in the past, remind them of all the new products and recipes that are constantly being added to our collection. Hosting another party is a great opportunity for them to try out new products and recipes and earn more rewards. You can also suggest hosting a themed party, such as a holiday or seasonal party, to make it a unique and fun experience.

5. How should I handle a customer who is hesitant to host a party because they don't want to pressure their friends to buy anything?

It's important to remind customers that hosting a party with Pampered Chef is not about pressuring friends to buy anything. It's about sharing the love of cooking and having a fun and interactive experience with friends. Guests are not obligated to purchase anything, and you can even offer alternative options like hosting a no-pressure party where guests can simply come and try out products and learn new recipes. Plus, as a host, they can earn rewards even if no one makes a purchase.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Bren706
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Kattipppe
  • sueleeskitchen
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
sueleeskitchen
  • TheFreddiesCook