• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximize Bookings Today: Proven Strategies for Direct Sales Success

In summary, this bookings idea is a great way to get people involved and to receive some great host benefits.
jrb0328
Today will be my 5th show. I have already qualified. I have NOT had any bookings since the beginning. I have read a few things about booking trees and extra incentives for getting people to book. My director has also said that when she started she felt that to get people to book she had to "give away the house". I know that PC offers great incentives and great benefits for hosts, but does anyone offer extras when they book? Such as a small item when you book or a free show? Does this work better than just asking guests if they want to book a show?

what i do is free cooking shows and i do a booking tree. so far the free cooking shows work great for me.

Great Bookings Idea - it's working for me!Congratulations on your fifth show! You are well on your way to a wonderful successful business. Keep up with $1250+ a month and you'll have what you want.

People book when they have fun at the show. Normally getting 1-2- bookings per show is the average. So - to ask the fairly obvious,
-Do you weave bookings lines into the show? See the attachment called Booking and Recruiting Lines.
-Do your guests have fun? Are they laughing? Incorporate some humor into your demo...see Adding Humor To Your Shows attachment.
-Do you discuss booking themes? Coming to a Jimmy Buffet Margaritaville party, or Touring the Tastes of Tuscany, or Ole! A Mexican Fiesta is a lot different than coming to a cooking demonstration or a cooking show or a Pampered Chef show. Other threads deal with show themes.
-Go observe other consultants -- particularly ones with strong bookings.
-Get other consultants to observe you. Find out what you're doing well, what to improve, from their perspective.

Here is a great bookings idea I just learned. It is basically a big twist on "buy a booking" but it gets everyone involved. When I used it at my show Friday, I had 5 confirmed bookings plus 1 interested fundraiser to follow up with! Out of just 12 guests!! This was shared by a wonderfully successful 11-year PartyLite director, with my own twist...

EVERYONE'S A WINNER!

STEP ONE: Stack The Host
Say: "Next we're going to see exactly what an average host receives, for having a Pampered Chef show at their home or work. Did I mention how I can come dropoff a yummy recipe at your work breakroom, chat with a couple people about how I made the recipe, then come back a couple days later to collect any orders? It's a great way to receive host benefits like 60% off the Salad and Berry Spinner this month, not to mention your 10% discount for an entire year!
We need a volunteer. Brenda - would you pretend to be a host for us? Now empty your arms because you're going to need your whole lap and then some." Proceed to hand Brenda $90-worth of products, plus Host Bonus and Half-Priced items. Explain to everyone "This is the type of shopping spree a host receives with a mid-range show - just imagine what you would do with the awesome knives, some terrific stoneware, really useful tools and beautiful serving pieces that you want! Brenda; isn't that amazing?! Who here has recently hosted before? Tell us what you received!"

STEP TWO: Everyone's A Winner!
Materials:
-A pair of dice
-11 index cards
-11 small containers like Food Prep bowls, or some Food Prep and some Pinch Bowls and lids, or you can use envelopes.
-5 inexpensive prizes like twixit clips, citrus peeler, stoneware scraper or cake tester, or "shopping lists" from the dollar store, or candy bars. Keep these secret until after everyone has opened their container.
-1 pad of paper and pen/pencil
-1 "Grand Prize" product valued at $25-30. I used the collapsible serving bowl.
Preparation:
1. Tell the guests, "Now we are going to one of my guests favorite parts of my show - the "Everyone Is A Winner" Activity. [Name a guest] Marty, would you hold these dice for me? Thank you." It is important to place the dice in someone's hand - if you don't do that, people are reluctant to volunteer to go. Once someone begins, almost everyone will participate!
2. On the front of each index card, write or print on computer "You're A Winner! (over please)"
3. Label your containers [labels, wipeoff marker, etc.] with the numbers 2-12.
4. On the back of index card #2, write "Win the Grand Prize!" Odds are the lowest for rolling this number.
5. On the back of cards #3,4,5,11 and 12 write "Win A Prize!"
6. On the back of cards #6, 7,8,9 and 10 write "Book A Show!" Odds are the best of rolling these numbers.
7. Fold the cards into the containers - or place in envelopes. The reason I like containers is, it displays product, and it is environmentally smart.

Activity:
1. review Preparation #1 above.
2. Tell folks the rules: "Here are the rules! You roll the dice, to receive a container with that number, which contains an index card. Don't open it until the end, and we'll all do it together. On the index Card is written which prize you will receive...because here, Everyone Is A Winner! If your card says Win A Prize, then you have to take that prize. If your card says Win The Grand Prize, then you have to take the grand prize - which tonight is [reveal $25-30 product, highlight its benefits and give 2 ways to use it.] Wouldn't that be terrific to win? And finally, if your card says Book A Show, then you have to book a show. It can be a fun cooking show like this, a virtual online show, a catalog show or a fundraiser - but if your card reads Book A Show, you are a winner who can recieve the Pampered Chef products you really want, like our pretend host Brenda did! Everyone Is A Winner!"
3. Recap: "So, if you get win a prize, you have to take the prize. If you get win the grand prize, you have to take the grand prize, and if you get Book A Show, you have to book a show. If someone already has that number when you roll, you can roll again. If you roll 3 times and all numbers were taken, just pick one of the remaining containers. OH: I almost forgot - wait to open your containers all together. No peeking! Ready? This is going to be so much fun! Marty - you've got the dice. Would you like to go first?"
4. As each person rolls, they get the container numbered whatever they roll.
5. Offer the turn to each person present. The first person who declines, ask "Would you be willing to help me by writing down who wins whichever prize? I get so caught up in celebrating everyone's win, that sometimes forget who won what! Thanks so much" They always agree - it lets them feel included too.
6. When all containers are used, then give people one more option, say, "This activity is called Everyone Is A Winner! There is a built-in Win-Win option! So Everyone Can absolutely win!! You right now, before we open these, have the option to Book A Show right now - and you will win twice: Once because I will bring this fantastic product to your show for you to have at that time. It's a Win-Win! You win both the Grand Prize product, plus all the host benefits! So - Marty, do you want to win-win? [Have guest with pad write down if so]. And Bernie, do you want to win-win? How about you, Susan? Maggie, what do you think - do you want to win-win? etc. Ask each and every person specifically. [Invite Everyone!!]
7. Now open your containers, and tell my assistant [name] what you've won! Everyone is A Winner! Woo-hoo!!!

One changeup you can do on this is "Payday" where you use payday candy bars as prizes. If your audience has experienced this more than twice, you can add a 'dark' twist to it with one card reading - "You're Fired! Scram!!" on the back write Collect info on the Pampered Chef income opportunity to start a new business!" I haven't tried this, but it could be fun with the right crowd.

Good luck - I hope this brings you bountiful bookings. It's working for me!

Attachments

• Booking & Recruiting Lines[1].doc
    30 KB · Views: 713
  • AddingHumorToYourShow.doc
    62 KB · Views: 584
OK, Scott, I have to ask... because I have met people who are adamant about not wanting to book a show, no matter how much fun they have had at one of my parties. So, how do you deal with that attitude when you are playing a game where they might "have to book a show"?

Thanks for the great tips!

Thanks Scott - that was helpful. I will definitely have to try that out

jbachen said:
OK, Scott, I have to ask... because I have met people who are adamant about not wanting to book a show, no matter how much fun they have had at one of my parties. So, how do you deal with that attitude when you are playing a game where they might "have to book a show"?

I would tell them that if there is absolutely no way that they intend on keeping their end of the bargain if they get "Book a show" then they should sit out of the game. BUT they also won't be getting a chance at the "Grand Prize" then either.

I actually had one - she had a friend sitting next to her, and said "I just can't have a show; will you take the booking for me if I get it?" The friend said yes.Well of course both she and the friend got "book a show". The friend renegged on her previous offer - I let it go; felt a little crummy in the process. I suppose I could've stepped in when she was deal-making and say, "Whoa! Hang on---do I really look like Monty Hall? This isn't Let's Make A Deal. I appreciate your creativity; maybe the two of you could co-host together? That way we don't invade your home or work, and you still get to share in the awesome host benefits. What if both you and your friend get Book A Show?" please pass the dice to someone else if you just can't book a show; thanks for your honesty! (maybe give her a Hershey's hug or something)So I'd advise anyone else to do what I did... Take the high road! Thank the guest for her honesty; explain what co-hosting entails (think Mega-Show... do a search on here to find out more) but keep it positive.

Rereading Jean's post, I'm taken back to the National Conference session on building your bookings - it's listening to reasons people might have for not booking, and having a possible alternative.Kitchen too small - I can present on just a card table in your living room. I once did a show in a college dorm room on the top of the dresser, where everyone sat on the bed. It's more fun when everyone is closer together!House/kitchen under remodel - Wow; that's terrific. Let's plan to book a time when your kitchen is done, to show off all that handiwork. Everyone would love to come admire your beautiful new space! Would you like to book a catalog show in the meanwhile so you can still receive host benefits?Too busy - I appreciate your honesty. When things settle down a little, let's look at the possibility. May I call you in 3 months to check your calendar then? Kids hectic schedules; husband wouldn't let me have people over - I would be willing to offer you my home for the event. I'm centrally located, and have had 12 very successful parties for other hosts at my home. Let's take a look at the calendar to see what could work.Too much work/bother - consider co-hosting with someone, and you can split the host benefits with them. It could be at their house, maybe all you do is invite some people, and show up and write the other host a check for groceries and they do the shopping and cleaning. Help me continue this - I think I'll start a new thread called Responding to Bookings objections. Good 'food for thought!'

Great thread! Scott you are amazing and I love your input.

Love the humor file too. Ususally the humor comes more natural as you begin to relax. (which varies for all of us)

Just a suggestion- please update the humor file. I just scanned it briefly and the super swat is no longer in our line of products. I did not go through it for every detail but I did notive that the humor was excellent...it is not too corny!!

I have a consultant that can make your sides ache. He is naturally funny...his sales average is good and he has no problem getting bookings, however, I did tell him that he will need to learn the products, because when someone does have a problem, they will want to know that he takes their concern very seriously and are looking for a resolution.:chef:

Scott, I really like your "Everyone is a Winner" idea.

I got a bit confused and have one question, what if you don't have 12 guests - or if people decline to participate and there are prizes not claimed?

Thanks for sharing.

Cathy

I've been very blessed to always have good bookings. My shows are fun, quick and I'm always a dork - that just comes naturally!!! I have noticed that since I quit being such a perfectionist (again, it comes naturally) and actually started having little goofs, that have now grown into some pretty big ones...I am actually getting more bookings. I try to be very, very relatable to everyone. I don't think I could ever do the game that Scott mentioned, but I'm glad that it worked for him and for anyone else that might use - good luck with it!!
The thing that I also make sure that I do is point out how I used to host shows and tell them that's how I filled my kitchen with FREE products. Who doesn't like free? etc. I point out how now the host gets a "bonus" for 6 months after her show to use at the shows booked off of hers, instead of 150 points which was like a quick-cut paring knife that you used to get and got so psyched about! NOT! Anyway, you get the idea, I pump the host benefits big time. Free is always a winner with most of my guests. Don't give up on yourself...it'll start coming.

I'm not very good with booking a date at the show so don't listen to me on that one. I do, however, follow up with people and am amazed at how many people EVENTUALLY book a show.

Example, I met a lady at a booth who wanted to book "in three month." I give her a call and she's says she's in the middle of adopting, "call back at the end of the summer." I call her at least three more times with her putting me off everytime. Well, 14 months later, we held a $600 show, have had several bookings off of it, she came to my open house, she asks intellecut questions from my monthly email (which makes me think it's not spam to everyone) and she's encouraged me in my parenting (she has grown children and has adopted three foster children).

That's long, but sometimes those relationships take a while and "life" gets to people.

Another example: I have given at least two prizes a year for several year to a moms group I'm in. NOTHING. Well, last night I got an email from a referral from the group leader. She's booking in a month (when I really need it)!!!

Be patient and keep meeting more people. Tell them you sell Pampered Chef. Be bold and ask if you can add them to your email list, or invite them to your next open house or ask for a referral. Getting multiple circles of friends going will help alot.

Keep at it and you're doing great with five solid shows...

I need Help Badly To Get Bookings ASAP:confused: Help!! I have done 3 shows and am currently running 2 catalog shows. I have run out of bookings. I live in Europe on Base and can't us government property to have a show. Are there any ideas on how to get bookings ASAP? I am still in my first 30 days. I just recently tried a HWC fundraiser at my home. I handed out 100 invites and talked to as many people as there were invites, but only 3 people ordered. As of now, I feel my outgoing expenses are greater than any income I may see.

chef lafluer - are you able to followup with those 100 invites?

Thanks Scott for the great ideas, I too am having truble getting bookings and have tried the booking tree, games, giving away something and non one takes me up on it. The only 2 bookings I got were from friends who booked from other friends as a favor to me.

Games and gimmicks have never worked for me with getting bookings.

Someone a while back posted some "booking coupons" which I started using at my shows. I do this in the beginning, when I thank the host for hosting. Then, I say that the SB is just the beginning of the gifts she will have by hosting. And that they may be wondering just what the benefits of hosting are, and may not realize how great they are. Then I hand them to my host one at a time (with a comedic flourish) as I explain them.

Then, during the show, I refer to them at different points. For instance - when we are all using the UM, I would say something like "This would one of those items you could get using your half off coupon." OR when using the knives, you could say "And this is one of the host specials for Aug. - you could get 3 knives for 60% off, and so could Sally Host when she comes to your show!"

This has worked really well for me. Every time I go through the coupons, I hear many "I didn't know that's" from the guests, and from the host - even though I have gone over the benefits during host coaching! There is something about providing that visual that makes sense to people. Maybe because it's coupons, and we all understand coupons!

Anyway - here they are:

Attachments

• bookingcouponswd(2).doc
    167 KB · Views: 578
Cathy - just saw your question -

You need to adjust to the crowd. Two shows I had since this one, one host said "no, absolutely not" when I asked about doing the activity with her friends. The other said OK, but there were only 4 guests there - it was pretty weird b/c only 1 person played and she groused about the "wimpy prize" she won (birthday candles) and that she wouldn't host anyway b/c she didn't know anyone.

One thing this activity has taught me, is you can't change other people's negativity. By always choosing the high road, you deflect that energy and draw positive people to you!

I've since then had a magnet shopping list made up (with my contact info at the bottom) to use as the freebie gift. No one has complained since then.

You have to approach this from a standpoint of confidence. It's like asking someone to do a cooking show - you have to believe from your best self, that you are doing something positive for them, not nagging, not begging, not trolling - but supporting, giving, sharing. The products speak for themselves.

Scott, you are too funny! Great advice, but you do realize, right, that your answer came almost a year after the questions was posted?

Yup. Better late than never!

I just started this at my last show but in the host's packet I give her coupons for her to earn extras and in them one says have 2 bookings from your show and receive a surprise gift! During the show when I explained the booking benefit I also said that when she gets 2 bookings, she would also receive a surprise gift at the closing of the second show. She got 2 booking right away and there were only 3 guests there! So it worked.

Yes, Scott, this is awesome! I am new and I don't care how the old the post was I am going to try to work it in! I qualified in my first 30 days, only got one booking and one maybe from the shows but got one recruit, and got two possible hosts/recruits for the catalog tote and talking it up! I LOVE PC! I feel like it is making me feel more worthy as a human, which is very good for a gal like me with low self-esteem!

I know this is an old post but wanted to ask Becky if she is still using the coupons or if you have switched to the booking slide.

etteluap70PC said:
I know this is an old post but wanted to ask Becky if she is still using the coupons or if you have switched to the booking slide.

Hey Paulette!

I switched to the bookings slide for 3 months...but it never had any impact on my bookings, and I was never comfortable with it. I thought 3 months was a long enough trial for it. I've now switched back to the Booking Coupons - and I'm back in my groove again. That's just what works for me. ;)

Thanks Becky! I get lots of wows from my slide but no bookings. I thought the coupons might be a bigger "a-ha moment for people" Going to try the coupons at my show on thesday.

Several of you mentioned a "booking tree". What is this exactly and how does it work? :confused:
Jen

Scott,

I love reading your advice....it's always specific and full of great tips! Thanks!

I'm shooting for being a director, but don't feel like I am "properly training" my recruits.

My first recruit is doing super well! I talked to her almost daily, and she is a self disciplined, business savvy gal....so she's doing great!

my second is another story....always avoiding my calls....done no training or even tried to have a show! I always feel like I'm nagging and harassing them (it's a couple)...when I do speak with them, they act as if they're listening and agree to most I say....then nothing! So frustrating!

I have so many potential recruits, and am hoping a few do sign soon. I want to be ready and be sure to advise them and give them all they need to start off strong......any insight would be appreciated!

I've been using the Booking Slide (I'm almost at 3 months in the business) and am getting very little results from it. I'm not sure if I'm not presenting it correctly or what. I think I may try the booking coupons, too, and Scott, I'm definitely going to give the "Everyone Wins" game a try!

What is "Maximize Bookings Today" and how can it benefit my direct sales business?

"Maximize Bookings Today" is a comprehensive guide to increasing bookings and sales in the direct sales industry. It provides proven strategies and techniques for maximizing bookings and growing your customer base. Whether you are new to direct sales or a seasoned professional, this book can help take your business to the next level.

Who is the author of "Maximize Bookings Today"?

The author of "Maximize Bookings Today" is a successful direct sales consultant with over 10 years of experience in the industry. She has personally used the strategies outlined in the book to achieve great success in her own business and now shares her knowledge and expertise with others.

What types of direct sales businesses can benefit from "Maximize Bookings Today"?

"Maximize Bookings Today" is applicable to all types of direct sales businesses, including but not limited to Pampered Chef, Avon, Mary Kay, Tupperware, and more. The strategies and techniques outlined in the book can be customized to fit any direct sales business and have been proven to work across various industries.

Is "Maximize Bookings Today" only for beginners or can experienced direct sales consultants also benefit from it?

Both beginners and experienced direct sales consultants can benefit from "Maximize Bookings Today". The book covers a range of topics from basic sales techniques to advanced strategies for increasing bookings and growing your business. It can serve as a helpful resource for those just starting out in the industry as well as for those looking to take their business to the next level.

Are there any guarantees that following the strategies in "Maximize Bookings Today" will lead to immediate success?

While we cannot guarantee immediate success, the strategies outlined in "Maximize Bookings Today" have been proven to be effective in increasing bookings and sales for direct sales businesses. However, results may vary depending on individual effort and execution. We recommend implementing the strategies consistently and adjusting them to fit your specific business and target audience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Bren706
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Granny52
  • caitynsmom
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pampered2007