• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Overcoming Host Objections for Booking Early January

In summary, Debbie says that January is the best month to have a show because there are more free products, the theme is always popular, and people are ready to have fun. She also recommends booking early in the month to take advantage of PC's added bonuses.
Bren706
Gold Member
My goal is to have at least the first half of January booked by mid-December. (This has been a challenge for me the last few years).

What are some of the things you tell your potential hosts when they think it is too soon after the holidays that have helped you successfully book those shows?

january has been my best month each year and continues to look that way again. I tell people it's the best month to book 1. because of the more free products, 2. my theme is always Soup & Slippers and everyone goes crazy for it 3. people are soooo ready to have fun with people that are NOT family 4. moms need to get back into the everyday meal prep mode after a month of holiday eating 5. people get money for Christmas they want to spend on themselves! With the added bonuses PC gives hosts who book early in the month, that is the extra incentive on top of those mentioned. You have to be confident in your presentation-"january is absolutely the best month to have a show! Here's why.... What day of the week works better for you? ..... How about the xxxth?"

What is your Soup and Slippers theme? Sounds interesting!

buddy5909 said:
What is your Soup and Slippers theme? Sounds interesting!

Guests wear their favorite slippers and I give a gift for the best ones (usually have the host vote). We make soup in the dcb (last year was loaded baked potato chowder, this year is the chicken parmesan soup). This theme creates a fun, relaxed, and since it's generally all women, competitive atmosphere-who will have the best slippers! I am always amazed to hear women at every show talk about their shopping excursions to find the perfect pair of slippers for the party!

Anyone have a good invite for Soup N Slippers?

trying to post it, not sure if it worked

Apparently it didn't work. I don't know how to do it. Sorry

Don't see it. . . .I am going to try to this approach to get a full January calendar!

Love that idea and both those soups are so yummy! Thanks for sharing! =D

PC Hockey Mom - Could you email me your flyer for the slippers and soup theme show?
[email protected]

Me too please - [email protected]
There is alot of in and out of the microwave with the soups, how to you handle that down time at your shows?

Last edited:
I love this theme!!! Could you email the flyer to me, too, please? [email protected]

pchockeymom said:
january has been my best month each year and continues to look that way again. I tell people it's the best month to book 1. because of the more free products, 2. my theme is always Soup & Slippers and everyone goes crazy for it 3. people are soooo ready to have fun with people that are NOT family 4. moms need to get back into the everyday meal prep mode after a month of holiday eating 5. people get money for Christmas they want to spend on themselves! With the added bonuses PC gives hosts who book early in the month, that is the extra incentive on top of those mentioned. You have to be confident in your presentation-"january is absolutely the best month to have a show! Here's why.... What day of the week works better for you? ..... How about the xxxth?"

That sounds great! May I have a copy of the flier you use? [email protected]. Thanks so much!

buddy5909 said:
There is alot of in and out of the microwave with the soups, how to you handle that down time at your shows?
That's why I wouldn't want to do the loaded potato chowder! I love that recipe, but it would seriously hork up my train of thought, all the timing and taking it in & out of the microwave.

So...if I was to do this at a show I would get to the host's house early, and have it all prepped up to the part where you add the final mixture and stir it to heat.

Yeah, I was thinking of bringing the soup done and making a bread there as the demo. There is a good one where you use the mini load pan and use grands jr home-style biscuits. garlic, butter and cheese.

Hey girl, could you send it my way also, you might have in the past but cannot find it. Sounds perfect for January parties. [email protected]Thanks
Deb

for the sake of my time, my son was kind enough to help me figure out why I couldn't attach. So here it is.

Attachments

• Soup & Slippers Show doc.doc
    50 KB · Views: 734
buddy5909 said:

I plan out the demo so I utilize the cooking time. During some, we're preparing the next step or discussing certain products. During the longest cook time is when I do my booking and recruiting commercials. I generally take the food out during my stealing hearts game, let it rest, and finish up. I never feel like there are any awkward moments, we are generally chatty cathy's-laughing, asking questions, etc.

This is my first January as a consultant and I would love a copy of your flyer to help start my year off with a bang. Please send it to me. Thanks
[email protected]

BarbaraD said:
This is my first January as a consultant and I would love a copy of your flyer to help start my year off with a bang. Please send it to me. Thanks
[email protected]

It's posted, read a few posts up.

Thanks, this is my first time on the site and it's different from any other site I've been on so I missed it.

Thank you pchockeymom, it wasn't here when I asked for it.

Hi - can you please send me your flier for Soup and Slippers? Thanks!

[email protected]

Love the slippers and soup idea, can you share your flier? [email protected]. Thanks. I am new to Pampered Chef and new to this site. from Canada.

1. How do I convince potential hosts to book a show early in January?

One of the most effective ways to overcome this objection is by highlighting the benefits of booking early. Remind them that they will have more options for available dates and times, and that they can start the new year off with a fun and productive home party. Emphasize that January can be a slow month for many people, so hosting a party can be a great way to kick off the new year with some social interaction and the opportunity to earn free and discounted products.

2. What if my potential host is worried about not having enough money after the holidays?

This is a common concern for many people after the holiday season. One way to address this is by emphasizing the savings that hosting a party can bring. Let them know that they can earn free and discounted products, which can help them save money on their own purchases. You can also suggest hosting a "New Year, New You" themed party, where guests can learn about healthy and budget-friendly meal options for the new year.

3. How do I handle the objection of not having enough time to plan a party after the busy holiday season?

One solution to this objection is to offer to help with the planning process. Offer to assist with sending out invitations, planning the menu, and even setting up the party. You can also suggest hosting a more casual and relaxed party, such as a potluck or a "bring your own dish" party. This can take some of the pressure off the host and still allow them to enjoy the benefits of hosting a party.

4. What if my potential host is hesitant because they've hosted a party before and didn't have a good turnout?

If a potential host had a negative experience in the past, it's important to address their concerns and offer solutions. You can offer to help them with their guest list and encourage them to reach out to new people who may not have attended their previous party. You can also remind them that every party is different and that the turnout can vary based on various factors. Offer to help make their upcoming party a success by providing tips and ideas for a fun and engaging event.

5. How do I encourage potential hosts to book early in January if they are still in the holiday mindset?

One approach to this objection is to offer a special incentive for booking a party in early January. This could be a free product, a discount on their purchase, or even an extra host reward. You can also remind them that hosting a party in January can be a great way to continue the holiday spirit and spend quality time with friends and family. Emphasize that hosting a party in January can be a fun and rewarding experience, and that they can still enjoy the benefits of hosting a holiday-themed party without the stress of the actual holiday season.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sueleeskitchen
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
sueleeskitchen
  • Suzy Englert
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • Doodlbug329